Page 69 of 528 FirstFirst ... 194959636465666768697071727374757989119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Lots of people seem to expect Dany to be super mature since she's a ruler while forgetting that she's a teenage girl. Teenage girls (and teenage boys) are legendarily stupid. Just because she's a ruler doesn't mean she should be immune. It's honestly a miracle she does as many things right as she does.
    People also forget that while she is a Targaryen (which have been more allowing for female rulers), that she was the third child of Aerys II and Rhaella. In other words, she wasn't ever expected to rule and no one bothered to train her as such. Moreover, up-until the events of the first book, it was likely that she would have been Viserys' sister-wife in the Targaryen tradition. Also, the fact that she was essentially raised by Viserys as well since her mother died in childbirth, doesn't bode well for her education, especially given how horrid of a ruler Viserys would have been had he lived. Oh, and she was 14 in the beginning of the novels (I think 16/17 for the TV series). Basically, she was never considered to be a ruler and wasn't trained to be one. Essentially, she had nothing to go on to knowing how to rule, except for the advice of an exiled knight. All she learned as a leader was through trial and error. Let's also factor in the fact that people were half-expecting her to be insane like daddy-dearest as well.

All these facts taken together shows that as a leader, the stacks were not in her favour. Yet, she grows and learns from her mistakes. Hell, if you want to compare her to someone look at Joffrey. He was raised (albeit Cersei played her hand in there as well) since childhood to be king and he's wretched one at that. I'd take Dany over Joffrey anyday. At least Dany tries and resembles a human being in the process.

:monster:

Yeah, compared to almost every other contender for the throne, Dany is by far the least of many evils. The only possible exception is Robb, major season 3 spoiler seriously don't click if you haven't read A Storm of Swords I smurfing well mean itI'm serious you'll regret itwho's dead, and shared a lot of the same Honour Before Reason flaws his father did anyway. Then again, after the events of A Dance with Dragons, it is not entirely implausible that (SPOILER)Theon might be able to be moulded into a good ruler, but he is so thoroughly broken right now that there is little chance of that happening. And I suppose (SPOILER)Sansa has a reasonable chance at becoming an effective ruler too now that (SPOILER)Littlefinger is trying to mould her in his image.
    Last edited by The Man; 03-28-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I WANT TO READ YOUR SPOILERS BECAUSE THEY'RE LIKE HALF YOUR POST, BUT I HAVEN'T READ ADWD YET.

The last two spoilers are AFfC spoilers, actually, so if you've read that you can read those. And actually if you're more than halfway through ADwD then my other spoiler is probably not going to cause you any surprises at this point; it's not like I'm spoiling some shocking event at the end of the book.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post

this is how you watch GoT. With bacon, beer and weed.
    I must be doing it all wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I WANT TO READ YOUR SPOILERS BECAUSE THEY'RE LIKE HALF YOUR POST, BUT I HAVEN'T READ ADWD YET.
    That's okay, the only things you miss out on are overly lengthy descriptions of meals, and pointless POV plotlines that go on forever, without anything really happening, until the last quarter of the book.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

FFXIV Character

Yeah, compared to almost every other contender for the throne, Dany is by far the least of many evils. The only possible exception is Robb, major season 3 spoiler seriously don't click if you haven't read A Storm of Swords I smurfing well mean itI'm serious you'll regret itwho's dead, and shared a lot of the same Honour Before Reason flaws his father did anyway. Then again, after the events of A Dance with Dragons, it is not entirely implausible that (SPOILER)Theon might be able to be moulded into a good ruler, but he is so thoroughly broken right now that there is little chance of that happening. And I suppose (SPOILER)Sansa has a reasonable chance at becoming an effective ruler too now that (SPOILER)Littlefinger is trying to mould her in his image.
    If ADwDJon Snow is not dead he was making to be a decent leader as well.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last two spoilers are AFfC spoilers, actually, so if you've read that you can read those. And actually if you're more than halfway through ADwD then my other spoiler is probably not going to cause you any surprises at this point; it's not like I'm spoiling some shocking event at the end of the book.
    Yeah, those weren't anything shocking.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've been taking screencaps from my rewatch and adding fun things to them.

Here is one such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Don't quit your day job.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

D:

I just thought his face in that picture priceless.

Fyi, definitely don't click on TSoL's spoiler if you haven't finished ADwD. That one is definitely something people might not predict.

ADwD spoiler, don't click if you haven't finishedKevan could have been a good ruler too. As Varys himself pointed out, he was cleaning up Cersei's messes too effectively.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

end of ADWD spoilerI thought so, too. I was pretty impressed and glad to see something good come out of the Iron Throne, but well... Varys happened.

I was sad when Kevan died. :<

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Varys is one of the greatest characters in the series. And I thought that all of that added a new facet of his character.

Hate the game, not the player.

FFXIV Character

I really want to see Varys' whole game plan, because as much as it has become more and more obvious, I think there is much more at play than he is letting on. More ADwD deliciousnessI honestly am suspicious of Aegon VI; there is evidence to believe he is legit, but then again he appears rather late in the game (pun intended).

I wonder how deep Varys' connections go. AFfC/ADwDHe seems to be loyal to House Targaryen but to what extent and to who? Will he try to reconcile Aegon VI and Dany? Or play one against the other? The title of the latest novel almost suggests that given where it comes from in the history of Westeros. What other schemes does he have going and with whom?.

Let's face it the most dangerous characters in regards of playing the game are Varys and Littlefinger. AFfC/ADwDThough I got a feeling Sansa may ultimately play a hand in the latter's downfall.