Page 92 of 528 FirstFirst ... 42728286878889909192939495969798102112142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not going to be happy until you admit the only reason you "hate" Stannis is because you're jealous of Melisandre and wish it was you he was giving the old in-out-in-out to on the strategy table.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Stannis is fugly.

So no.

That's the real reason I hate Dany, though. I want Ser Jorah for meself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The reason Stannis is doingn nothing is simple. The show has taken away a huge storyline he has in the first part of ASoS. The Florent's are not there, there's no kings men and queens men. I WANT THE BASTARD OF NIGHTSONG FOR GOD SAKE. There is no council and no Celigar and moaning and prisons. There's no Edric Storm though I highly suspect the show is merging this characters storyline with that of Shireen's.

His greatness is already there, pre-game of thrones, but he rises even further. There is no one that comes close to him & Davos (the Red Bitch can go smurf).

Also

(SPOILER)"Few of the birds Maester Aemon had returned as of yet. One found Stannis, though. One found Dragonstone, and a king who still cared."

^for that alone he's a demi-God

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    There's no Edric Storm though I highly suspect the show is merging this characters storyline with that of Shireen's.
    I think they're merging it with Gendry's storyline.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never so much as held a copy of the books nevermind read them and it's still pretty smurfing clear that Stannis is an utter badman who gives no smurfs and takes no trout. If you don't accept this bend the knee, welp, get destroyed tbqh.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Wait, people think Stannis is cool in the books? Are we reading the same books?

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Wait, people think Stannis is cool in the books? Are we reading the same books?
    o nose. you don't like stannis. i'm going to have to completely re-evaluate my opinion of him now.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stannis is cool. If you disagree, shut up.

Also, smurfing Pod. What a beast.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's be nice here. I know that in GoT there are no rules for conduct but at EoFF we don't tell people to shut up or be destroyed for having a different opinion, even jokingly. 'All those who disagree with me can go [something bad]' is so high school 2002 anyway.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I think the good thing about the characters in ASoIaF/GoT is that we don't agree on who is better/cooler/etc than others.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The primary difference between show!Stannis and book!Stannis is the perspective. In the books, Stannis is not a POV character, so what you hear about him is primarily through Davos, who basically idolizes him. He relies and mostly listens to Melissandre, yes, but you don't see in the books that he's infatuated with her or holds any passion for her at all, which is a huge difference in character between the two mediums. You still get Renly and the like badmouthing Stannis, but from Davos' description he's almost like an even harder Ned, and everyone likes Ned.

Stannis was badass during the Battle of the Blackwater in both mediums. Really, though, Stannis is the least important character of that storyline out of the three (Melissandre and Davos being the other two).

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    The show is making me conflicted about Jamie. Cause on one hand (ha ha ha), he pushed precious adorable Bran out of a smurfing window. Which is totes not cool. But then I really like his interactions with Brienne. And then he's hot. So... what to do?
    It's a weird sensation to be introduced to a character as a guy who tries to murder a little boy while screwing his own sister, and then loving him just a couple books later. And I do--I loves him.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    The show is making me conflicted about Jamie. Cause on one hand (ha ha ha), he pushed precious adorable Bran out of a smurfing window. Which is totes not cool. But then I really like his interactions with Brienne. And then he's hot. So... what to do?
    It's a weird sensation to be introduced to a character as a guy who tries to murder a little boy while screwing his own sister, and then loving him just a couple books later. And I do--I loves him.
    I love Jaime's character depth and what he's becoming.

I disliked him throughout AGOT/1st season and most of ACOK/2nd season. He throws a kid out the window, smurfs his sister, breaks his knightly vows ("Kingslayer") in Robert's Rebellion, and is punished for those actions (through latest episode spoilerthe loss of his sword hand)... after that, future stuff spoilerhe starts redeeming himself and becomes more morally adept in just a few books.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know that he started redeeming himself so much as you started learning more about his motivations. We assume for so long that he killed the Mad King because he wanted to be on the winning side, but I think they said this in the show already, but just in case...then it's revealed that Aerys was screaming "Burn them all!" and intended to destroy his own city when faced with his defeat. Yes, he tried to kill Bran, but he truly and faithfully loves Cersei. Sure, he's arrogant about his swordsmanship, but that's because that and his father's wealth are his entire identity--he's dyslexic and grew up feeling dumb. And he's the only Lannister who's nice to Tyrion. And if you don't love him after all that, now there's all these character-revealing scenes with him and Brienne, and the deep character changes that come with losing his sword hand.

The Lannisters are all interesting as hell and I feel various pleasing ways about them.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I'll agree that Stannis was pretty hardcore at Blackwater.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Was Jaime dyslexic in the books? I thought that was just something the did for the show.