Page 455 of 528 FirstFirst ... 355405435445449450451452453454455456457458459460461465475505 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For the first time in the entire series, Danaerys finally became a queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Holy trout. That was holy trout.

Also yay stark siblings!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Lots of people have told me that I'm full of it that Dany is going Mad Queen: lol y'all see that preview for next week?

But yeah, that scene was so smurfing good. I was literally on the edge of my seat when we watched it on Friday. I actually rooted for Dany.

Jaime: is he dead or alive? His real armor is dragging him down hard and fast. Plot armor would indicate he lives. But it's been a long time since a beloved main character has died. I could see him dying and Tyrion becoming valonqar because Cersei's greed pushed Jaime into a battle he couldn't win, and Tyrion kills her because one of the only people who ever loved him died because of her madness.

THAT SAID JAIME NOOOOO he's one of my favorites

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I had no idea who to root for in the battle and I think that's what they were going for. Like, smurf yeah, here comes Drogon let's smurf some trout up, but I also don't want Bronn or Jaime or even Dickon to die. And then Tyrion watching the slaughter with the sad Lannister theme playing. Confusing!

As if Brienne wouldn't crush Arya though

I agree with Psy in that the book and television show are now two, distinct entities. I can no longer judge the show based on its faithfulness to the book, which was actually the reason I took a hiatus following Season 5. A Dance With Dragons is almost nonexistent in the show, as are many of its characters. Loras, for example, is supposed to have an equally formidable older brother and a crippled younger one. Seeing the house fully eradicated on the show likely means they won't survive. In which case, I believe whatever's left of that house would probably be given to the Tarlys, as I cannot recall any other distant Tyrell relatives or marriages. Dorne is a little more complicated. There's supposed to be Arriane, and I can't for the life of me remember if she was ever featured on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellaria Sand is kept alive, perhaps to marry Dickon Tarly or something, so that their lands all go to Tarly/Highgarden. That being said, Dorne seems to be quite the free-spirited and independent nation, so I don't see that going over very well.

I cannot imagine Jaime dying. Bronn, very clearly, gets him out of there in time (after which Jaime must literally/metaphorically shed his Lannister gold to save his life). The interactions between those two characters are second only to Jon and Davos, though I really liked how the book paired off Ilyn with Jaime. Uh. I'm so confused. I don't see Bronn surviving the final battles, and I think Jaime is more likely to kill himself than be killed by any dragon. I spent the first five books and the first six seasons wanting Dany to end this trout, once and for all. Until I saw who her first battle was against...and I found myself rooting against her. Perhaps Tyrion will intervene to save his brother/bodyguard?
    Last edited by Doomie; 08-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Great episode.

i did just mention to Pheese though that the show is kind of.... not as great as the first 3-4 seasons... it lacks a lot of that atmosphere but I suppose when you kill of powerhouses like Charles Dance some of the finesse is lost.

Loved this episode though that dragon coming up over the mountain scared the trout out of me and Bronn was the MVP.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Bran, chaos is a laddering littlefinger was one of the best moments though. LF doing his weird creepy manipulating thing and bran is like i see your trout. And LF is like, what just happened.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Bronn got him out of the way of the fire, but he's sinking quickly in that armor. I hope he's able to get it off in time.

what was that below them in the water, though?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I think the 'chaos is a ladder' line was my favourite part of the episode.

Arya will kill Littlefinger with that dagger and Bran has seen it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Bronn was the MVP.
    Yeah, everything he did this episode was golden. Never mind the heroics, but god damn the way he burst out laughing in Dickon Tarly's face about his name was genius. Plus that extended shot of him making his way through the mayhem just like Jon's in BotB was amazing.

Talking of book/show differences, Bronn is definitely one area where the show has the books beaten. He's much more enjoyable in the show (Jerome Flynn is a boss) and also I love that they've given him much more screen time and developed a bromance with Jaime.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Also the moment when he stared at his spilled gold and made the choice to grab it and flee, or to be the hero of the day. What little there was left to be saved, he saved it.

What's up with Sansa, though? On the first watch through of the leak, I couldn't understand why she was getting so obviously upset at her sister fighting. On the second watch, my conclusion was she's scared of (maybe even for) Arya. When they're in the crypts, she laughs when Arya says she has a list of people she plans on killing, and makes a joke about it in the weirwood. Then fighting with Brienne, I think for the first time she realizes Arya is serious and capable of being ruthless. What do you guys think?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Bran: superpower sight
    Arya: superhero murder machine
    Jon: literal Jesus revival
    Sansa: was raped

Like, seeing that arya became exactly what she wanted, a warrior and herself getting what she wanted, Being a lady, and how different and unsatisfied she was from it maybe?

Also maybe she feels slightly jealous about Brianne maybe also now going to protect arya?

Or... maybe she did it for a show for LF. When she realized the list thing was true when they were talkingto bran, she smiled. But when she sees arya fighting, LF is there. Could be a play.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

New theory I saw but I was thinking about:

Dany now knows of the Ballistas. How do you protect your dragons against THAT? Freaking dragon armor.

Who is a great armorsmith who has been rowing a boat for seasons? GENDRY HYPE

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Omg guys. what a rollercoaster of emotions!!

so much excitement build up the second the Lannisters heard the Dothraki horde that i screamed when Drogon came into the picture. aw damn Khaleesi owned it.
    also: i dont really have a camp that i'm in so i was soooooooooo happy when Jamie got saved... i like that guy D:

as for sansa/arya: i think Sansa see's how much everyone has changed. Jon got from a bastard to a King. Arya from that little boyish girl to a great fighter and Bran is now the 3 eyes raven and there seems to be nothing left of himself.
    perhaps Sansa sees that nothing will be as it was, despite being reunited.
    they will not be a happy family. they all have their own agenda's and she is just going along with it.

i've replayed the last Uncharted game again and now i cant see Bronn as Bronn :l he is Samuel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Great episode.

i did just mention to Pheese though that the show is kind of.... not as great as the first 3-4 seasons... it lacks a lot of that atmosphere but I suppose when you kill of powerhouses like Charles Dance some of the finesse is lost.
    Totally agree with this. I've watched the entire thing within two months and the show is noticeably different from the first four seasons. I enjoyed season 5, just plain didn't like season 6 and am so far enjoying season 7. Not as much as the first four seasons, but definitely more than the last two.

This episode was fantastic though. I don't think Jaime will die, I think they writers would have burned him if they wanted to do that, but could he perhaps get taken prisoner?