Page 393 of 528 FirstFirst ... 293343373383387388389390391392393394395396397398399403413443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

this was one smurfed up episode
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wait, can't they just track Bran using his silver arm brand thing? Surely he's kinda screwed at this point regardless? I feel like I'm missing something here. Maybe they can only trace him to where he was at the time he was branded or something? No idea.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Obviously Bran is the blame for everything.
    Yes! I've been blaming him for everything since season 1. Finally, justification!
    Yeah, it did seem incredibly stupid to walk into the middle of the wight army. It's not even as if he wasn't aware that he might be visible in those visions - he clearly suspected that he spoke to his dad during that previous vision, so surely he must've been cautious around the enemy?

I don't know. Just watching that scene was horrible. It was like something from a horror movie.
    To be fair, despite his initial suspicion the old guy who's been doing this longer than him and was trying to teach him everything specifically told he couldn't interact (or did he say change?) and his father couldn't have heard him.

And even if he thought his father heard him, actually reaching out and touching someone who isn't physically there would not be something I'd expect. Especially after am entire army was just a second ago completely oblivious to him.

obviously those ice-kings are something else so they can do stuff regular ppl cant do, and i believe the dead army didnt notice him untill he got branded? the brand obviously made the army aware that he was there.

and i believe when the old guy said he couldnt interact with the ppl of the past he said it like 'i forbid you to do it' and not 'it is impossible to do'

I cant remember the scene clearly but perhaps that was it?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The army noticed him before he was grabbed. And i don't think he was told not to interact by the old guy. Pretty sure he didn't think it was possible.

Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the Night's King is probably just very attuned to the Weirwood trees since that's where he was sacrificed, something along those lines meant he was able to get to Bran through his vision.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Am I the only one who doesn't like the twist that the children of the forest created the white walkers? It seemed a bit limp to me. I think I would have liked it much more had they just existed as an evil force on their own.

I'd be interested to know who exactly it was that they took to make into the Night King, though. He can't have just been some random bum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    i'd imagine now would be the right time for them to run in to Coldhands again. Or even.... Benjen!

Any speculation on how/why the Night's King could touch him in the visions?

Also.... Brienne is headed to Riverrun? Perhaps a late cameo from a certain long dead Den Mother?

Take care all.
    I'm also curious about Coldhands and Benjen. And you bring up a good point about Stoneheart as well. 11/10 will never against trust what the showrunners or actors say about the future of the show and will just imagine that all things are possible.

I am pretty sads about Euron's casting and character. I imagined him just so calm and cool and collect but intimidating as smurf, even probably a little bit funny. But this cocky mothersmurfer grabbing at his groin talking about chasing down Dany like he's a teen going through puberty? Definitely not the intimidating and terrifying Euron I imagined in the books. ADWD spoilers I am guessing that he must end up getting Quentyn's demise so we can see someone get scorched by dragons again. I don't see how he's supposed to be a character we're supposed to root for.

I have a feeling that the Blackfish won't feel particularly ready to abandon Riverrun again and join Sansa after they've just retaken it down there. (SPOILER) But he'll probably show up at the end of the battle for Winterfell and save the day.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Night's King show vs Night's King book

In the book the Night's King was a member of the Watch and fell in love with a White Walker woman (or so that's the legend, anyways). In the show that can't be possible, as the Night's Watch was founded to guard the realm from the White Walkers.

So he's probably a Stark or a Targaryen.

RE: The Night's King having an affinity with weirwood trees

I believe the tree he was mounted on and made into the White Walker was the tree they were chilling and watching movies in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    the tree they were chilling and watching movies in.
    To be honest, that seems to be pretty much what Bran's stint in the tree amounted to, so far. Yes, he learned about the White Walkers being weapons created by the Children, but they could have just TOLD him that. However, I'm sure that his looking into the past thing will offer some important insight soon.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Night's King show vs Night's King book

In the book the Night's King was a member of the Watch and fell in love with a White Walker woman (or so that's the legend, anyways). In the show that can't be possible, as the Night's Watch was founded to guard the realm from the White Walkers.

So he's probably a Stark or a Targaryen.
    I like that better than the children of the forest creating them as a result of mankind taking over their forests/whatever, but it still implies that there were already existing white walkers that the children of the forest could have created.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    To be honest, that seems to be pretty much what Bran's stint in the tree amounted to, so far. Yes, he learned about the White Walkers being weapons created by the Children, but they could have just TOLD him that. However, I'm sure that his looking into the past thing will offer some important insight soon.
    And Gandalf could have just flown Frodo to Mt Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    And Gandalf could have just flown Frodo to Mt Doom.
    The snark is strong in this one. I'm only pointing out that, so far, Bran has learned nothing of importance which he couldn't have learned by people just communicating with him using their mouth-words.