Page 522 of 528 FirstFirst ... 22422472502512516517518519520521522523524525526527528 LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And he has tons of people making comments about how he is going to die at any moment and we’re never getting the end. I’m sure that was all made worse by the shows popularity. If it were me, I’d just finish the story and then give instructions that it can’t be published until a year after my death or something just to spite people if I was getting annoyed by that every day.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think he suffers from being a gardener because of the complexity of the story, having so many different strands and POV characters. It seems like it would be suited more to an architect. My impression is that the man is a perfectionist and rewrites a lot of his already completed manuscript pages.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's actually told his wife to dispose of any of his unpublished works when he dies. That's why everyone's so afraid about him dying--he's already says he has no intention of having anyone else write the books if he passes.

That's probably true, Psy, and he's also really good at making different character voices sound distinct. I know people joke about his description of food items, but he actually really is a pretty decent writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

I'm intrigued to see how the situation with Rickon plays out in the books. He's wild out of control, near feral - a far cry from the weak child that Ramsay dealt with in the show. I can't imagine his time on Skagos will have calmed him down any! I am looking forward to seeing Davos's adventures up there, something the show didn't cover.

Still, I suppose if the book's ending loosely follows the show's he'd have to die for Sansa to reign as QitN or Lady of Winterfell. But then Wyman Manderly is calling him his liege lord so who knows.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe he'll smurf off north and live with Osha. She's basically raised him. By the time he's grown she'll be the only mom he knows.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Maybe he'll smurf off north and live with Osha. She's basically raised him. By the time he's grown she'll be the only mom he knows.
    Yeah I can see that happening. He's such, as psy put, a feral child, he's probably more keen to be a wildling than a lordling. He would smurf off to the north and abdicate things for sansa

Articles

With that said, Rickon is also very family centred (although he is basically not much older than a toddler) in how he acts so I can't see him wanting to abandon them so easily.

I think A Clash of Kings Tyrion is my favourite character. So much of the book is dedicated to him and it's just a delight to see him playing and winning the game of thrones. He's challenged and tested to the peak of his abilities and he's actually winning. He's also incredibly smurfing ruthless and cold hearted at times too, and again it's easy as an audience to support him when it's people like Allar "Babykiller" Deem having their throats slit and thrown overboard. I can definitely see the seeds for dark Tyrion being planted here.

You see, it's there all along, throughout the entire book that everyone still smurfing despises him. Sure, they don't like Joffrey or Cersei a great deal either, but Tyrion is who the people really hate. And yet what he wants most of all is to be loved and despite his pragmatic and at times heroic defence of the city, it's so obvious he's going to be discarded like a used tissue. I find his S8 "oh no King's Landing burned this is a tragedy" stance untenable in the books.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think he was still willing to work past their cruelty until the trial for Joffrey's murder. That's really when her turned. I don't think he'd have cared Dany burned them, either. Also, considering how in the books he hopes Dany will give him Cersei so he can rape her before killing her, I really don't think he would have gone to such great lengths to ensure the future of Cersei and her child. Or Jaime, while we're at it--this is a relationship I think is possible to be salvaged in the book, but Tyrion smurfing hates Jaime (and I don't blame him on this one, even as a Jaime stan).

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Man you guys are making me want to read them again. I have so many books on my to read list though already.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think he was still willing to work past their cruelty until the trial for Joffrey's murder. That's really when her turned. I don't think he'd have cared Dany burned them, either. Also, considering how in the books he hopes Dany will give him Cersei so he can rape her before killing her, I really don't think he would have gone to such great lengths to ensure the future of Cersei and her child. Or Jaime, while we're at it--this is a relationship I think is possible to be salvaged in the book, but Tyrion smurfing hates Jaime (and I don't blame him on this one, even as a Jaime stan).
    I guess the whole of ASoS is the turning point really, but I think it's the way he sets out his stall in ACoK. He specifically states to Shae his intention is to do something nobody will expect: Justice. And in his mind he delivers this and gives everything he smurfing has to save the city. His wildlings smurf up Stannis's supply lines, his chain blocks the bay and his use of wildfire was exemplary. His realisation that Joffrey and the Hound nope-ing out of there would be huge blows to morale and so leading a sortie himself showed outstanding leadership.

And then as he's lying there, recovering from being betrayed by his sister, everyone's view is "Oh, you want a medal? Piss off Imp" - while ozens of other people from both great and lesser houses are given Knighthoods, Lordships, lands and titles - I think that hurt him more than the trial did, Shae's betrayal aside. That and of course Jaime. I still think he has mixed feelings about Jaime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Man you guys are making me want to read them again. I have so many books on my to read list though already.
    do it craven

Also, let's talk about Stannis. I've actually noticed a real more sentimental note to the man than I saw at first reading. I think he was affected by and envious of the relationship Ned and Robert had. Although he never said it directly, from the way he talks about what he went through in the rebellion, all he seemed to want was Robert's gratitude and respect. And to be fair, he did go through hell. The Siege of Storm's End sounds like actual hell on earth. For a teenager to lead his people through that is nothing short of extraordinary. I can see why he felt put out that it was Ned that Robert always turned to.

I also like how, despite the brutal way it ends between them and all the mocking/lecturing you see, both Stannis and Renly both clearly had affection for each other too. Stannis's bewilderment about the peach is oddly touching, as is Renly's insistence that Stannis (or his body) be treated well and not mutilated. It's such a difficult one to reconcile too, as to which one had the right of it. The two of them ruling together would've actually made for a great monarch!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve finally started reading the books again. I’ve only read the prologue so far, but I see myself getting through a good chunk of the first book tonight.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

YES, REREAD HYPE TRAIN

Articles

ONE OF US ONE OF US

but seriously isn't the prologue scary? That feeling of being somewhere so far from humanity, somewhere you're not meant to be, hunted by something other worldly. GRMM really nails that first chapter.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's incredibly well-written, but as I said earlier, I prefer the chapter when Jon and Sam take their vows.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had honestly forgotten how creepy that first chapter really was. I honestly can’t wait to read past where I left off the last time I tried to read the series. I’m excited to see all of the stuff I missed out from only really watching the show outside of the first book and part of the second.