Page 451 of 528 FirstFirst ... 351401431441445446447448449450451452453454455456457461471501 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

According to the Wiki he married Visenya out of duty, and Rhaenys for love.

SO, yes. Based on that history, there could have been a secret marriage, as it mirrors Aegon I.

I STILL think it's dumb, but more possible than I did before. And all the people who would have known about it (remember, only a handful of people were kept at the Tower of Joy) are dead. Yes, Bran blah blah. But who will really believe this creepy af kid? I guess he can Houdini some trout like he did with Sansa.

For what it's worth, I do think that if Jon is a legitimate Targaryen, the fallout from Danaerys finding out will be beautiful. She's not giving him that throne. Not now.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    hawt

yesss hawt. they need to make a 'spinoff' of their conquest and other parts of the history of Westeros.
    i believe they already planned on something like that?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All I know is that I want Rhaenys' ass.

Going back to the crossbow conversation, I just wanna add that I am NOT looking forward to a dragon (or more) being shot. I do have a feeling that this weapon will ultimately down one of the flying beasts. It wouldn't be Game of Thrones without a little more tragedy. :/
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The theories for Tyrion being a Targaryen are based on all the book rumors that his mom was sleeping with a Targaryen around the time she became pregnant. I highly doubt its true, since the show left them completely out, but there's your evidence.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah the evidence and foreshadowing that exists in the books simply isn't there in the show. If Tyrion = Targ is a thing, it'll be book only.

I don't really even question or ponder the Tyrion Targ notion. Tywin never denies Tyrion is his, and obviously it's his wife's kid too since she was the one who dies during childbirth. If the mom was Targaryen, so would Cersei and Jamie. But, the fact Tywin claims him, kinda sticks out to me that it's a blemish on HIS record, no one elses'.
    Last edited by BustaMo; 08-03-2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's not even in the books, though. It's just another fan theory that MAYBE Aerys slept with Joanna. The whole thing stemmed from the fact Aerys wished he could sleep with her on her wedding night, like kings of old (and possibly he raped her?). Which has nothing to do with Tyrion. According to the Wiki, there were rumors she slept with Aerys before she married Tywin, but I don't recall the books having rumors she had an affair after she married Tywin, nor does the wiki say anything about it. The Wiki says she rarely went to King's Landing, but I suppose it's possible she could have been raped again while there. But I seem to remember reading that, had Aerys ever raped her, Tywin would have pretty much razed KL to the ground.

Still, even if I accept this fan theory as evidence, it's not exactly mountains of evidence or anything. It's just one thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    I don't really even question or ponder the Tyrion Targ notion. Tywin never denies Tyrion is his, and obviously it's his wife's kid too since she was the one who dies during childbirth. If the mom was Targaryen, so would Cersei and Jamie. But, the fact Tywin claims him, kinda sticks out to me that it's a blemish on HIS record, no one elses'.
    I don't know about that. Tywin wouldn't want to openly acknowledge that his wife was cheating on him. He might see an imp son as the lesser of two evils.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I don't know about that. Tywin wouldn't want to openly acknowledge that his wife was cheating on him. He might see an imp son as the lesser of two evils.
    Hmmmm.... So you think that Tywin wouldn't have put his wife to death before birthing Tyrion for her infidelity, covered it up as an unfortunate accident or similar consequences for public knowledge?

But I agree with you about the less of 2 evils. He did seem pretty shook up about her death even 'til his demise, so I think if she did knock boots with someone else, he woulda got his revenge before she died during childbirth. I just have a feeling this will never be fully clarified for those pondering it.
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You all assume he would know about it instead of thinking they're unfounded rumors.

Nah, I don't especially care if he's a Targaryan or not. There's a ton of supporting evidence of it in the books that goes beyond "rumors that the Mad King may have bedded Joanna". His hair isn't blond, for one, it's bordering on silver. His eyes aren't green, like all Lannisters, but mismatched. Tywin, on more than one occasion, states that he isn't his son (Edit: Looked this one up. I knew it happened a few times, but I could only remember it specifically as Tywin is dying. The other one happens in A Storm of Swords. He tells Tyrion that "Men’s laws give [him] the right to bear [his] name and display [his] colors, since [Tywin] cannot prove that [Tyrion isn't his]," Plus his fondness for dragons and the dragon dreams he had as a child (which Dany also had). Again, don't care personally, just makes sense to me. A book that spent so much time explaining (via Ned Stark) that ALL Lannisters have blond hair and green eyes, and Tyrion has a quarter of those things. Sure, could be a red herring. I prefer to believe an author puts everything there for a purpose.

Edit: OH, and Joanna died during childbirth, like Jon + Dany's mother. Might be a third 'Prince who was Promised'. All conjecture, though.

Edit x2: Tyrion was born in 273AC, Joanna was at the Aerys' anniversary tournament in 272AC, so the timing fits as well.

Edit x3: Even if Jon was Rheagar's son, which I believe he is, it would make him a bastard nonetheless. Therefore, he wouldn't be able to claim the Iron Throne. That being said, I don't think he gives a lick about ruling the kingdom anyway.
    Last edited by Doomie; 08-04-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Episode 4 got leaked.

And I've seen it.

And oh my god it is really, really good.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ughhh. I might have to convince Rob to torrent it (I assume that's how you got it, and we've stopped torrenting to not piss off our ISP, but it's been awhile).

Doomie--thanks for the reply! It's been a couple of years since I reread the books and they're massive. But thanks for actually giving your reasoning.