Page 372 of 528 FirstFirst ... 272322352362366367368369370371372373374375376377378382392422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Shorty Cersei had her hair cut off etc because she confessed. Margeary hasn't confessed which is why she's still in the tower
    thanks babe

I didn't go back to watch season 5 because I found it too exhausting

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I kind of want to go watch Hardholme again just cause it was awesome. Saw it in the "last time on.." preview haha and thought about rewatching.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/qwc3E

Maisie Williams is the smurfing greatest.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She really is! That's awesome that she did that. She seems so fun and friendly.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess I don't understand why Dany didn't protest in regard to being send to the widow's temple? Why is she adamant about not being raped and stands up for herself, giving all of her names and declaring who she is and what she isn't going to do, but when she is recognized and then told that they're going to send her to the widow's temple, she just flops over and isn't resistant at all? That makes no sense to me.
    I don't think she's just rolling over and taking it. We get literally a few seconds of her after she finds out that's what they expect. I think she's taken somewhat by surprise there and isn't quite sure what to do yet. That doesn't mean she's just going to take it. If there's one thing we know about her it's that she doesn't just take anything. But there's a difference between objecting immediately to being raped and pointing out she was married to Drogo to avoid it and figuring out what she's going to do about this. She clearly has more time to figure out her next move, and also probably realizes this is the sort of thing they won't take a no on no matter what she says in protest. There's slightly less urgency but she needs to be careful about what she does here. Right now she's got no army, no friends, and no dragons. She's got little actual leverage here and realizes it. Now is a time to tread a bit carefully.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The blonde girl beating up Arya is the girl from the House of the Black and White who was blind last season. She's no longer blind. Doesn't mean she's not Syrio (I personally love the idea Jaqen is Syrio) and the whole "I'll see you tomorrow" thing rings of Syrio.

I also got the impression that Melisandre's taking off the necklace was a nightly ritual. Possibly she just wanted to see and live as her true self.

Prediction: SansaxPod

Not gonna lie: I got teary-eyed both during Brienne pledging herself to Sansa and when Cersei sees Myrcella's shroud. Also I laughed when Spearsnake stabbed Dandyprince through the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I guess I don't understand why Dany didn't protest in regard to being send to the widow's temple? Why is she adamant about not being raped and stands up for herself, giving all of her names and declaring who she is and what she isn't going to do, but when she is recognized and then told that they're going to send her to the widow's temple, she just flops over and isn't resistant at all? That makes no sense to me.
    I don't think she's just rolling over and taking it. We get literally a few seconds of her after she finds out that's what they expect. I think she's taken somewhat by surprise there and isn't quite sure what to do yet. That doesn't mean she's just going to take it. If there's one thing we know about her it's that she doesn't just take anything. But there's a difference between objecting immediately to being raped and pointing out she was married to Drogo to avoid it and figuring out what she's going to do about this. She clearly has more time to figure out her next move, and also probably realizes this is the sort of thing they won't take a no on no matter what she says in protest. There's slightly less urgency but she needs to be careful about what she does here. Right now she's got no army, no friends, and no dragons. She's got little actual leverage here and realizes it. Now is a time to tread a bit carefully.
    Also remember what happened last time she went against all of the traditions of the khalassar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I also think that Mel stripped away all of her illusions and glamor because she was in a moment of crisis and needed to remind herself what was actually "Real". Her visions have proven false lately and in this moment she allows herself to be at her most vulnerable. Perhaps it is her nightly ritual as well when she is alone but this struck me as something more. I think it speaks to how some sort of magic or miracle will bring back Jon, thus re-invigorating her faith in the Lord of Light again but we shall see.

Davos' mutton line was a much needed tension breaker, though I do wonder why are the Night Watch being so polite to him? Stannis isn't there and they've clearly shown they have no problem dealing out violence, so why this sort of formal stand-off? I figured they'd have kicked in the door to burn Jon's body already. Though, why they left it out there in the first place speaks to either A) They were making a point and don't care that he could very quickly come back via the White Walkers or B) They still don't fully believe in that sort of magic. Either way, a very rude awakening is coming quickly for them.

Anytime Varys and Tyrion can be paired together bodes well for entertainment, though I admit to being tired of the politics of trying to conquer a people who don't want a real government. It's clear that no matter who is in charge, there are beliefs and long held grudges that no manner of strength of intellect can easily undo. I think ultimately both of them will realize they're on a fool's errand trying to maintain order there and get out quickly.

Though, the ships being burnt gave a might compelling reason to re-introduce the Greyjoys in the coming weeks, which I think have already been teased.

Also, so glad we finally saw some of the "good" guys win, with Pod and Brienne riding to the rescue. Since this is GoT, it means some new darkness is right around the corner, but for this week at least, a feeling of hope can actually linger. Also, I would be overjoyed if somehow Arya and Syrio were re-united. That would make my day. I remain skeptical but again, hope springs eternal.

I'd imagine the next few weeks will deal more with Sam's journey south and we'll finally be brought back to Bran, who may or may not have a large part to play in Jon Snow's ultimate fate.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Huh, the interpretation I got was that it was a nightly ritual for her before bedtime. I wouldn't want to sleep in that nasty steel trap choker.
    I can't remember if it was show or book dialogue, but at one point she does mention that she doesn't sleep. Which would make this scene even more symbolic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Having thought about Dorne some more (which was a struggle), I'm not really sure where they will go. I mean, with Doran and son's death and with no other named relatives, House Martell is extinct. Ellaria was just a lover of Oberyn and the rest were bastards, so there's not a Martell left.

I haven't read the books (apparently they've completely ignored the books), but from general reaction, they really have screwed up the Dorne plot. It was terrible in Season 5, and I'm not sure they can salvage it this season.
    I assume they're all going to have their heads split open by Frankenmountain, and that'll be the end of it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm trying to give Dorne the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes this season before laying into it, but I don't know how long that restraint will last.

What I will say is that "greedy bitch" is up there with "bad pussy" as one of the worst lines ever written for GoT.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Though, the ships being burnt gave a might compelling reason to re-introduce the Greyjoys in the coming weeks, which I think have already been teased.
    Ooh, didn't consider this. That's definitely an exciting prospect!

Anyone heard the E=D theory? Put any stock into it? I think it sounds pretty likely tbh. Obviously, spoilers if correct but it's just speculation: E=D

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Loving some of the stuff I was going through last night on imgur, can't find them at the moment but there was one excellent point brought up: "I've seen what these dogs can do", Theon says. Yeah: Disappear as soon as a battle starts. Seriously, what happened to the dogs? xD
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WHERE THE smurf IS BENJEN?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Benjen has been secured for a dramatic return in season 17.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!