Page 348 of 528 FirstFirst ... 248298328338342343344345346347348349350351352353354358368398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am a bit annoyed we didn't get to see a Stannis death. He is the only character that I can think would be better off dead at this point the way the show has written him. Also that EW article is a crock a trout. Saw that guy a few days ago and said he had to keep his hair like that for GoT. His hair was long and he had a beard. Come on now. Maybe his contract just hasn't been renewed yet or he is enjoying lying but he probably isn't entirely lying he just said he didn't know what the show runners have in store for him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think she let him live because he said "Do your duty" and she thinks she can use him to save Sansa. I think Mel fled Stannis like a rat from a sinking ship, she saw him lose in the fires and fled. Though I guess the sacrifice of Shireen worked - it cleared the snows after all! - but whether that was her intention I don't know.

What an absolute moron Stannis is though. Half my army is gone? March anyway. Red priestess with the power to see into the future flees? March anyway. And how smurfing incompetent do you have to be to not see the castle emptied of a huge cavalry army? That kind of trout is noisy and not difficult to spot, especially if you send scouts like the Boltons evidently did. It's annoying because he's painted as the best military commander in Westeros - Littlefinger even said as much 4 or so episodes ago - and then it's just schoolboy errors.

Blog Entries

I think when Arya was pulling face after face it wouldve been a good time for one to be a Syrio cameo given the line about faces can be poison and the person she just recently killed
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 06-15-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Form the HBO site:

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

we´ll see... we´ll seee..

omg what an episode ;_;
    and now we have to wait a whole year for the questions to be answered that we are left with.

im curious what cersei and tommen will do now
    i started to like Myrcella *sees Mr. martin luring around the corner* eventho she was Disney Princess :3

on the bright side for Kit: he can finaly cut his hair (or cant he? ಠ_ಠ)
    Last edited by Shaibana; 06-15-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I definitely think Jon is Azor Ahai at this point... He is said to rise at the end of a long summer - winter is here now because the White walkers are close and Jon has *seen* the winter. I just don't think he's dead and gone. He's coming back, he's far too important and there's too much we don't know about him.

Blog Entries

my thought on this episode:

my friend's text to me right after the finale:

"Dude the end of game of thrones. What the hell was that. What the smurf is grrm writing. What's the smurfing point of this. There's no smurfing point. What the actual f_ck was that Jon Snow stuff. What the actual mothersmurf."

Let me reitterate: what the actual f_ck.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I still argue that Beric Dondarrion is Azor Ahai, not Jon.

:monster:

That would be pretty unlikely since (SPOILER)he's permanently dead in the books.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

p.s i loved that atlast Theon did something beside being reek <3

This show always has a high death count, but it's beginning to lose all meaning. The one that most annoyed me today was Myrcella. There was this whole interesting plot thing about the uneasy truce between Dorne and King's Landing, the struggle for the Prince's authority versus a desire for revenge (which was stupid in the first place because Obyern placed high value on not harming innocent little girls). So they let all that unfold, the plot thread gets resolved, but then out of nowhere: WHOOPS ACTUALLY DEAD.

Jon Snow - same kind of deal. If you hate the wildlings so much why open the gate to let them in in the first place? I was really enjoying Ser Alliser's development since he lost out to Jon as Lord Commander. He obviously still hated Jon and disagreed with him, but he still valued his position and Jon's. He still respected the Watch. He followed orders and did his duty, however reluctantly. That was interesting. Alas, gotta just have him turn around and get all traitory to make for a tearful finale. I should probably blame the books, lord knows I'm aware of the repuation, but I've not read them so I tend to judge the show in its own right.

And in its own right, as it deviates more and more from the books: you no longer have many characters left. Try not to kill them all off in episode 1 OK?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

To echo my previous discussion with MILF, I actually am more annoyed at the sudden change with Allister participating in the murder of Jon than with Stannis's change to acquiesce to the murder of Shireen. Like Fox, Allister always struck me as a "good guy" who was a rigid asshole, but valued his loyalty -- and had always obeyed Jon as Commander. Of course, I'm sure that's exactly how someone plotting their superior's murder would also behave, but it still seemed like more of a 180.

I was more mad at the poisoning of Myrcella, though I totally called it after that kiss. Conniving bitch.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aaaaaaaand that's me done. I've reached the same point I did in Lost where I no longer care about what happens next. I might binge watch the ones I've missed in 10 years time when its freely available, but that's only out of curiosity. Waiting a year, then waiting each week to find out what depressingly grisly demise any random smurfer succumbs to, no longer appeals... if it ever did.

Also, Cersei's naked walk was about 30 mins too long. Completely unnecessary.

Bubba Bear signing off the GoT thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Also, Cersei's naked walk was about 30 mins too long. Completely unnecessary.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that was drawn out to all hell. I got the impression that they'd only contracted Lena Headey to do one nude scene and they were damn well going to make the most of it.