Page 524 of 528 FirstFirst ... 24424474504514518519520521522523524525526527528 LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dude! I know! I know! Oh, oh, oh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The Battle for Castle Black is completely different but no less awesome and intense.

Also dude the Nightfort is smurfing spooky as hell. I forgot the talking door, Jesus.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Right, so I've still been a lazy reader (ADHD is so cool, guys). But. The poison used on Joffrey is the same poison used on Melisandre! The Purple Wedding wasn't hinted at, per se, but keen-eyed readers could have seen Joffrey's death coming with the headpiece Sansa was given.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did Patchface predict the burning of the Sept of Barlow? It hasn’t happened yet, but I think most people are in agreement it will. He starts singing one of his songs about the colors of fire (green, blue, black) during the burning of the Seven on Dragonstone.

Articles

It's possible, although having looked through everything Patchface has said he's really only accurately predicted the Red Wedding. You can kind of read more into what he's saying if you want, but I also think a lot of what he says is utter nonsense.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m about 75% through A Clash of Kings now, and Ygritte has just been introduced. Reading this part was new to me, so I know for sure I’ve passed where I left off back when I tried to read before. I still don’t know where I left off last time as stuff that happens in the show is mixing with what im reading, making it familiar enough to be hard to pinpoint.

Articles

How are you enjoying it so far?

I'm in the home stretch of ADWD in my re-read through. I've gained new appreciation for characters not in the show like, well, basically everyone in smurfing Essos.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m enjoying it a good amount. It’s been a while since I’ve seen season 2 of the show, so I can’t remember we’ll enough to comment on the differences between the two. I can say that I still appreciate the characters more in the books since we get to see inside their heads more.

Articles

Yeah - for example I was very confused when Orrell died straight away (I can say this as you have just passed that point!) when I remember him so well as an angsty friend zone smurf in the show. Then Longspear Ryk was someone I had completely forgotten about and his existence was a pleasant surprise.

You have a real treat coming up at the end of the book. I really enjoyed book Blackwater. I must rewatch the episode to see how they compare.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m at the point now where Arya is escaping Harrenhal with Gendry and Hot Pie. I really enjoyed the Blackwater segments, but I’ve always preferred battle scenes to be limited to the eyes and mind of one character rather than more of a top-down all-seeing view of the battlefield. I like jumping between Tyrion, Davos, and Sansa. I also really enjoy reading about what’s going on with Dany much more than watching her segments in the show.

I should have this book finished by tomorrow if not tonight. I’m excited to see what lies ahead.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

So I binge-watched GoT viewing it for the first time from 6 weeks ago. Best non-comedy series I've watched hands down, but the ending pissed me off. I was aware of the mixed to critical reception Season 8 got on social media but all I can say is the story arc for Daenarys didn't make any sense. Also, why you go and kill off my homeboy Varys like that?

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish I would have just read these before watching the show at this point. I would’ve liked the fates of some of the characters to be a surprise. That’s my own fault though.

I’m on the third book now. I last read where Sansa has met Olenna Tyrell for the first time. I thought that was a fun sequence. Had I not seen the show, I would probably be right with Sansa trying to figure out what the Tyrell’s play here was. I liked Sansa’s struggle between wanting to say what a monster Joffrey is and not trusting these new people since her trust has failed her every time.

I kind of like how Robb’s stuff is all happening off screen and we just hear about it from the various sides discussing his battles. It kind of puts us in the shoes of the rest of his family, awaiting more news and hoping it isn’t bad. I wouldn’t have minded a chapter looking through Robb’s eyes and hearing his thoughts about his victories, but for the most part I like reading the skepticism and worry of his mother more.

Articles

The third book is arguably the best, although I think the next two are superb they're something of an acquired taste.

I would've liked to have seen the world through Robb's eyes and not just rely on Catelyn's interpretation too, and the show expanded him slightly and gave him more time on his own. Although if you think about it, we have no PoV for any of the five kings which I think was a deliberate choice - we judge the kings through the eyes of others.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve now finished reading the chapter where Tyrion is told he will marry Sansa and Cersei is told she will have to remarry.

As much as I feel Sam is one of the weaker characters, I did enjoy his first POV chapter. The Others and the wights remain pretty creepy, and I do enjoy how unsettling it is to read of their sudden appearances. I also kind of liked the thoughts of Sam as they are fleeing back to the wall as he keeps saying he can’t go on while continuously taking one more step. It felt similar to when I read Stephen King’s The Long Walk as the character keeps walking despite the pain, wanting to stop and rest but knowing he’ll die if he does. That’s a short book, and I do recommend it to any looking for something new to read. I feel like it is one of his best works, and the similarity made the chapter more interesting to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just finished the chapter where Rob and the rest are arriving for Edmure’s wedding. It’s somewhat stressful knowing what is about to happen and expecting it to happen at every Cat chapter.