Page 525 of 528 FirstFirst ... 25425475505515519520521522523524525526527528 LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Just finished the chapter where Rob and the rest are arriving for Edmure’s wedding. It’s somewhat stressful knowing what is about to happen and expecting it to happen at every Cat chapter.
    Remember the game the Walders played? And how the word mayhaps means you don't have to follow an oath? Welp.

Also shout out to Ryman Frey who says "If you would follow me, my father awaits". A reminder that his father is Stevron Frey and not Lord Walder Frey...

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I knew there was something important from the game the Walders played, but I couldn’t remember what. You saved me from looking for that section again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just finished Joffrey’s death last night. All hail King Tommen.

Edit: I liked all the bits where Joffrey talks about Robert. You can tell in some ways he looked up to and respected the man he thought was his father at least in terms of the kind of king that Joffrey should be.

Articles

I also enjoy hearing Stannis refer to Robert. I may have mentioned it in this thread previously but I'm convinced the only reason he disliked Ned was because he was jealous.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Serious question:

I haven't really read much of 2 during this reread. But, those of you reading with fresh eyes/those of you who have read the series many times?

In AGoT Ned intends for someone he trust in his household to take Arya and Sansa to Dragonstone and only show the direwolf once they get in sight of the castle. Knowing how Stannis is, do you think he would have listened to Ned (or his friend, by proxy), protected his children, and ultimately allied with him?

I really do think he would. Stannis isn't a warm man, and he didn't love Ned, but Ned was willing to recognize his claim. Stannis (at least so far) isn't cruel for the sake of cruelty, and I don't think (at this point in the series) he would have hurt Arya or Sansa. If Ned has defied Stannis, however, I can see him meting out justice to them on Ned's behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Yep, Stannis and Ned would definitely have been allies. Given how desperate Stannis is to become bffs with Jon when they meet I kind of think he wants his own Ned and would've been thrilled to have the OG... though he never would have said so.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

At the very least, it would have given a lot of credibility to his claim vis a vis Joffrey being a bastard. Most people respected Ned Stark, even the ones who didn't like him. Strictly for a strategic standpoint, Ned would have been an extremely powerful ally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really liked any of Stannis’ references to his brothers. I feel like all 3 Baratheons ruling together would have made for a different and better kingdom.

Either way, I agree that Stannis and Ned would have been allies. Really, all Stannis seems to want is to be recognized and acknowledged. He’s jealous of the relationship Ned had with Robert, and that seems to be his only issue with Ned.

I also don’t think that (without Melisandre’s influence) Stannis would harm Ned’s children even if Ned was against Stannis after the children would be there. He cares about justice and the letter of the law, but I think he seems very fair. Stark children might become hostages at worst, but I don’t see Stannis punishing them for the slights of their father.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve now started A Feast for Crows. I’ve only read the prologue and the first chapter with The Prophet, but I’m enjoying it so far. I’m a bit fuzzy on what happens from this point on from the show for whatever reason, but I’m sure as I get into it I’ll still not be surprised by too much.

A Storm of Swords is probably my favorite so far. It had a lot more of the big moments and deaths than I thought it would going in. It also reminded me of Lady Stoneheart, and I’m pretty interested in finally learning more about that situation.

Articles

Did you spot the return of Jaqen H'Ghar in the Feast for Crows prologue?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn’t think about it when and read it last night, but i was thinking that had to be him today at work.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is also like to say that thanks to the filters on this forum, my brain always “corrects” the word trout every time I read it in these books.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Is also like to say that thanks to the filters on this forum, my brain always “corrects” the word trout every time I read it in these books.
    A wolf with a trout in its mouth? That would be silly!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m now on A Dance with Dragons. I did enjoy A Feast for Crows a good amount. Soon I’ll be with everyone else waiting for the rest of the series that may never happen.

Articles

Feast is always controversial - people either love it or hate it! Dance is a great book too. A lot of people hate the Daenerys chapters and I have to admit, the first time around I did too but having read through them again I enjoyed them a lot more.