Page 414 of 528 FirstFirst ... 314364394404408409410411412413414415416417418419420424434464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So I have an HR fitbit. I decided to check how my heart was during that battle. My resting heart rate is in the 70's. My heart rate jumped to 104 during that battle haha

Articles
    Blog Entries

Battle was predictable overall and the prolonged trampling took me out of it, but everything was worth it just to see Jon beat the holy trout out of Ramsay and Sansa getting her revenge. It's probably not what they're aiming for, but I want to believe Sansa was warging at the end because of how the dogs were acting. Their doors were open, there's fresh blood, and they haven't been fed for seven days. They're acting way too calm there.

Meereen scenes were entertaining af this time around, and I second Dany and Yara should lez out. I also like Grey Worm more and more each episode.

I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied watching a GoT episode, or anything, for that matter.
    Last edited by Ayen; 06-20-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That was incredibly satisfying.

The battle definitely got the heart rate pumping even though everything that happened was fairly predictable. I'll be interested to see what Littlefinger is going to do or want now that they basically owe their victory to him. I can't imagine he's the type that will just be like "Happy to help, I'll leave you guys to it then."

Also, Rickon, numbnuts, run in a smurfing zig zag pattern, it's not hard. I don't want to hear anything about "oh he wasn't thinking clearly in the heat of the moment." It's the most logical thing to do and he would have made it practically impossible for anyone who isn't Legolas to hit him with an arrow. smh.

EDIT: wen't back and read the extra's account and man am I glad I didn't read it before hand. Yeah, the battle played out predictably, but smurf knowing every single detail that happens before the show has aired.
    Last edited by Pheesh; 06-20-2016 at 06:37 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ramsay: We have Winterfell. They don't have enough men for a siege.
    Me: THEY HAVE A GIANT, DUMBASS!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Jon's crazy eyes at Ramsay were beautiful

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Jon's crazy eyes at Ramsay were beautiful
    Agreed. Jon had some very believable bloodlust going on this episode. It was fun to watch.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I have a hard time believing Ned Stark's son was never taught to run in a zig zag when being shot out. HOW MANY YEARS WAS RICKON WITH OSHA? I KNOW SHE TAUGHT HIM THAT COME ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah it was a bit predictable by damnit the good guy needed a win. It's been 6 seasons of tbe good guys never winning. They needed one.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't really get the predictable criticism and I knew the spoilers behind it. If you say the outcome of a Stark victory is predictable then I can accept that, but it's about the journey not the destination.

I don't think anybody could've predicted how purely visceral and raw that was, or the panic of that horrifying Jon Snow crush scene. On that note, what a beautifully shot episode. God damn that long take of Jon brawling at the start of the battle was wonderful. And even non battle shots like Davos finding Shireen's stag were incredible.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Rickon dying, Jon basically screwing up their whole battle plan, and the knights of the Eyrie bailing them out were the predictable parts for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

There was that scene of the horses running right at the beginning of the battle. It was beautiful and amazing.

Also the dany and her dragons things was like "goddamn that's right!" everyone complains about her not doing anything but they've set it up she'll be riding to westeros now on her dragons. Showed how she'll be able to fair against a naval fleet. Plus it was just freaking cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    IOn that note, what a beautifully shot episode. God damn that long take of Jon brawling at the start of the battle was wonderful.
    I said the same thing to MissH when it was happening. "This is all in one take. Amazing!!" She was busy chewing her fists though and didn't pass comment.

Totally get how Freya's heart rate hit the hundreds. Mine was up there! Amazing episode.

Jon and Tormund to both die of Dysentry in episode ten.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Predictable doesn't mean boring or bad. Some of my favourite movies ever made are predictable. They're still smurfing awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The literal mountain of bodies shocked me. Like holy crap what a brutal battle.

This scene was the awesome one I mentioned!

Last edited by Freya; 06-20-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The mountain of bodies impressed me. Not so much that they did it, but they were quite realistic with it. Because a bunch of those guys weren't dead and were probably killed by the crush of people and not their wounds. In reality, a lot of their wounds, particularly from arrows, wouldn't have been immediately fatal, so the macabre nature of it aside it was a pretty cool thing to see.