Page 484 of 528 FirstFirst ... 384434464474478479480481482483484485486487488489490494504 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

So looking at that, the only major, major characters (meaning they get their name in the opening credits) who hasn't killed anyone seem to be Varys and Davos?

Also, are we giving Sansa or Arya credit for killing Littlefinger? Or both?

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Like with all images like that one, there are many things that could be argued. The coolest one I have might not have been updated yet, but here's the older one...

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, some of those were definitely funny, but arguable. It's hard to figure out the metric they're going by. Like it shows both Jaime and Cersei having killed Olenna, but only Sansa as having killed Littlefinger (when I would say that was a joint effort between her and Arya). And like for Ellaria Sand, Areo Hotah isn't on her list, and she didn't physically kill him herself, but he was a casualty of her coup and she plotted to kill him. Whereas Tywin gets attributed kills for The Red Wedding for plotting it, even though he wasn't there. So there are inconsistencies. Yes, I'm sperging.

Anyways, The Mountain/Oberyn one got a chuckle, as did the Tommen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I must be utterly blind but I simply cannot locate Tommen D:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's right near the bottom with a yellowish picture.

EDIT: actually the picture is blue/white

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, worth noting that's on the one krissy posted, not on mine as the one I posted is a season or two old I believe.

Ah :x that is it then, I kept looking at the map.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Baelish one is my favorite. xD Also love the Varys for ~reasons~ #varysisamerman #istillbelieve

My problem this season, after re-watching the entire thing, wasn't the teleportation plot-hole nor the rushed story-advancements/dialogue. I'm okay with JonxHoundxJorah going North of the wall for proof of a WW because that's something they'd do. I'm also okay with Dany lying to Tyrion and flying North to save Jon because that's what she'd do. They're struggling to meet a deadline, and as unfortunate as that is, I can appreciate they are, at the very least, keeping with five books' worth of character development in that regard.

I am not okay with Sam ignoring Gilly (for dramatic irony) because he's never really done that before. I'm also not okay with Petyr Baelish starting a giant civil war and killing the king without anyone suspecting it was him, only to be outsmarted by two girls whose combined ages equal half of his own. I also don't like how the show seems to be overusing Bronn as a foil for just about everything. That's what strikes me as lazy. I don't care that most of this season has been CGI and action because how the hell else was the war supposed to be won? It couldn't all happen during a small council meeting. But man, that Petyr Baelish thing really bugs me.
    Last edited by Doomie; 09-03-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, that was more Baelish making sloppy mistakes than anything, and also Baelish not being used to dealing with a person like Ara. But more than anything? The one thing he couldn't get past wasn't Sansa or Arya. It was Bran. He literally saw all the things happen. Baelish is all okay when he's dealing with the aristocracy but he has never really been in the kind of situation he found himself in at Winterfell. As soon as Bran threw out the "Chaos is a ladder" line there was nothing Baelish could do for all his wits. The best thing he could have done the moment he had some idea that Bran really could see the past is get the hell out of Winterfell, but with what excuse and where would he go? The Vale would be the obvious choice but then he is once again apart from Sansa and outside of the sphere of influence in the world. He basically hoped (or even believed, as we're unsure of how much he knew or believed about Bran's abilities) that nothing would come of Bran and that was his failing.

As for Arya, there are so many ways she could have found out about his antics that Baelish couldn't have spotted it. Looking back, it makes sense that Arya stayed in her regular face while being 'tricked' by Littelfinger because that meant that Arya could convince Baelish he was tricking her. If she'd gone under any other face she could have snuck around gathering information and even snuck in there without Baelish knowing it was her, but she wanted Baelish to think that it was her, so he'd think he had the upper hand. Simultaneously in this way she kept her ability secret, allowing her to actually follow Baelish when she wished without actually being caught because he'd be none the wiser.

But seriously, that was all Bran. Bran is the ultimate trump card at any court session. He can verify anything.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

There was apparently a deleted scene where Sansa goes to Bran at the last minute and asks for his help and as the actor says, he does the CCTV thing. So that means all the stupid back-and-forth I'MA KILL YA SIS bulltrout between Sansa and Arya wasn't them acting to lull Littlefinger into a false sense of security, it was real. Which is just

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well it makes sense that there was some friction, considering they met privately when he wasn't around. But yeah I do agree that it would have been better with no friction at all. Of course, then you flip it all around and consider that they never got along as kids and years have passed without being around each other and then consider what each of them has gone through and I guess it's natural that they wouldn't be most trusted best friend sisters. But yeah it was a bit much. Of course, let's face it, I consider anyone who ever listens to Littlefinger to be a smurfing idiot right from season one. The only reason he hadn't been killed is because they all wanted to use him against the other houses, which only furthers how little anyone should have trusted him. He was a pawn trying to be king but personally I never felt he was as clever as people seemed to think he was. It baffles me that he wasn't murdered earlier on.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I can believe there'd be friction between the sisters sure, but waving daggers around and doing the "lol I'ma keel you" routine is smurfing ridiculous.