Page 510 of 528 FirstFirst ... 10410460490500504505506507508509510511512513514515516520 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Ugh, last night's episode was utterly distasteful, that is all

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah im not buying the ´mad queen danearys´ either.
    the change from Misa to this is just... to great.

it was a visually stunning episode tho.

10/10 either Jon or Dany dies next episode
    Last edited by Shaibana; 05-13-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Daenerys: When my dragons are grown we will take back what was stolen from me. We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground.

People: yaaasssss

Daenerys: I will take what is mine through fire and blood.

People: yaaassss

Daenerys: *does all that*

People: What? Why? This is bad writing!

like she even says, the slaves freed themselves and rose up against their tyrants. The people at kings landing did not. So in her mind, they weren't innocent. Like it's not really a big surprise she rained fire from the sky. Was it right? No, bitch be cray. But she's been cray for a while. We just were okay with her cray before because of who she was going against. Who legitimately walks into a funeral pyre and isn't crazy?! She didn't know she was going to survive it, she just walked into it. She was unphased at her brother being murdered. She was okay with the crazy barbarian Dothraki. She burned all their leaders cause she didn't want to deal with their culture. Her advisors were who kept her in check, specifically Jorah. But he's gone. They're all gone.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I feel like people take more issue with the breakneck pace of it than the fact she made her daddy proud. Dany 3 episodes ago maybe would have burnt the red keep without any real regard for civilians, but she wouldn't have gone "burninate all the women and children first". And yes things happened between those two points in time, but they happened too fast because they're clearly just wrapping this show up as soon as they can (probably so they can move on to other deals they've already made, like a Star Wars trilogy).

I'm also amused by the ineffectiveness of the scorpions against Drogon, less than a full episode after they annihilate Rhaegal. Plot armor giveth and plot armor taketh away.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Eh not really, You see she went high and low on drogon, as well as moving quickly, this time. And if it was truly a "caught off guard" moment with Rhaegal, they really didn't see them (although I am still meh on that) but if they didn't, they could easily aim at an obvious path the dragons are taking vs one that is moving in ways intentionally difficult for them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Daenerys: When my dragons are grown we will take back what was stolen from me. We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground.

Daenerys: I am not here to be queen of the ashes.

Daenerys: we will bring peace back to Westeros

Daenerys: Together we will leave the world a better place than we found it.

Daenerys: we will save this country from those who would destroy it.

Daenerys: I know what Cersei has told you: that I have come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children. That's Cersei Lannister, not me. I'm not here to murder, and all I want to destroy is the wheel that has rolled over everyone both rich and poor, to the benefit of no-one but the Cersei Lannisters of the world.

Jon Snow: I never thought that dragons would exist again. No one did. The people who follow you know that you made something impossible happen. Maybe that helps them believe that you can make other impossible things happen. Build a different world from the trout one they've always known. But if you use them to melt castles and burn cities, you're not different...you're just more of the same.

Daenerys: yaaasssss... actually nah i'm mad now lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Goes into a lot of the technical making of the episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Daenerys: I am not here to be queen of the ashes.

Daenerys: we will bring peace back to Westeros

Daenerys: Together we will leave the world a better place than we found it.

Daenerys: we will save this country from those who would destroy it.

Daenerys: I know what Cersei has told you: that I have come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children. That's Cersei Lannister, not me. I'm not here to murder, and all I want to destroy is the wheel that has rolled over everyone both rich and poor, to the benefit of no-one but the Cersei Lannisters of the world.

Jon Snow: I never thought that dragons would exist again. No one did. The people who follow you know that you made something impossible happen. Maybe that helps them believe that you can make other impossible things happen. Build a different world from the trout one they've always known. But if you use them to melt castles and burn cities, you're not different...you're just more of the same.

Daenerys: yaaasssss... actually nah i'm mad now lol
    Yeah, when she had people reacting to those things, a cheerleading squad even. She had people telling her "hey maybe we shouldn't murder all the Masters, it could go bad...." then you know, it did.

Then all her close people died.

And those who didn't, they betrayed her. So, time for ya know, doing what she knows best, burning and killing everyone.

It's not a surprise and has been building for some time in very clear and obvious ways directly spoken by her character, that people just dismissed cause her troutty actions were against "baddies".

That all said, I think Emilia Clarke's acting has been great this season with this descent.

Articles

Sure, she killed all the Masters* but she didn't kill all the slaves. She didn't respond to the "Mhysa!" cries with "Dracarys!"

*this underplays her Meereen arc. She actually worked very hard for peace, making compromises like opening the pits and marrying Hizdahr. If, after the initial revenge crucifixion, you think she went on a murder spree then you misremember. The Harpy broke the peace, not Dany.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe she actually is insane, so she can say things and mean them and then go do the opposite. Her father was likely suffering from mental disability and the inbreeding of that family doesn't help at all. Like Frekana said, half her advisors died and the other half betrayed her trust. That could certainly cause a mentally unstable person to snap. I'm not sure they set up the insane angle well especially after 7 seasons of building up her resistance to it, but a mental disability would explain everything. But like most things this season, everything is at a rapid pace because time is running out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Sure, she killed all the Masters* but she didn't kill all the slaves. She didn't respond to the "Mhysa!" cries with "Dracarys!"

*this underplays her Meereen arc. She actually worked very hard for peace, making compromises like opening the pits and marrying Hizdahr. If, after the initial revenge crucifixion, you think she went on a murder spree then you misremember. The Harpy broke the peace, not Dany.
    Because she had people advising and guiding her then. She had people who needed saving and were saved and were thankful for that. People didn't need saved in Westeros, not from tyrants at least just supernatural. There were no slaves to feel as if she was "Mhysa!". The people were free and for the most part, most the time, they didn't get hurt just living their lives.

Articles

She's never needed advisors to show mercy. In the Mhysa scene all her advisors are like "whoa chill out they're dangerous" and she ignores them to see the people. And in S1 before she had any advisors at all, her mercy for the Lhazareen - not slaves who needed freeing by the way - got Khal Drogo killed. Half her advisors are dead so now she murders smallfolk just doesn't wash.

Also free people living their lives and therefore they can die doesn't really gel with her oft stated "the wheel is rolling over and crushing the people" metaphor. And, you know, literally every depiction of peasants in the show, all the way from Mycah the Butcher's Boy onwards. That is one of the heaviest themes of the series. Why is it always the innocents who suffer when you high lords play your game of thrones?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

She's never needed advisors to show mercy. In the Mhysa scene all her advisors are like "whoa chill out they're dangerous" and she ignores them to see the people. And in S1 before she had any advisors at all, her mercy for the Lhazareen - not slaves who needed freeing by the way - got Khal Drogo killed. Half her advisors are dead so now she murders smallfolk just doesn't wash.

Also free people living their lives and therefore they can die doesn't really gel with her oft stated "the wheel is rolling over and crushing the people" metaphor. And, you know, literally every depiction of peasants in the show, all the way from Mycah the Butcher's Boy onwards. That is one of the heaviest themes of the series. Why is it always the innocents who suffer when you high lords play your game of thrones?
    Probably this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Maybe she actually is insane, so she can say things and mean them and then go do the opposite. Her father was likely suffering from mental disability and the inbreeding of that family doesn't help at all. Like Frekana said, half her advisors died and the other half betrayed her trust. That could certainly cause a mentally unstable person to snap. I'm not sure they set up the insane angle well especially after 7 seasons of building up her resistance to it, but a mental disability would explain everything. But like most things this season, everything is at a rapid pace because time is running out.

Articles

I think her arc has been building to this, don't get me wrong. But if she starts at point A back in Pentos and point G is the Mad Queen burning King's Landing, it feels like we've gone A-B-C-D-G. And okay, I get it, and it's kind of fun, but it just didn't feel quite right. Maybe the reduced number of episodes in the final seasons has contributed to this issue. I hope the books do her story justice and I have a lot of faith in GRRM (for all I make fun of his food descriptions!) that he can pull it off.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It feels like D was when she brought all her armies and dragons to the north to help with the white walkers, which was only three episodes ago and a culmination of 7 seasons. So going EFG in two episodes just doesn't work.

I also question how mad she really needed to be. I get punishing your enemies even after they surrendered, but burning the entire city to the ground and chasing down obviously fleeing peasants goes further than vengeance to truly psychopathic levels. I think her vengeful nature was shown all throughout the series but I never got the sense that she was a psychopath.

It's hard to imagine Martin would take the books in a completely different direction than this given that he has still been involved with the show, but I hope he has the time and discipline to write it better than what we are getting now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum