Page 516 of 528 FirstFirst ... 16416466496506510511512513514515516517518519520521522526 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would have been better if we'd had s7 and s8 with a 10 episode order, with a 10 episode s9 like HBO wanted.

I'll say this: I feel better about this episode than I felt three weeks ago after the ending of The Long Night. My initial reaction to The Long Night was HOLY trout AMAZING and within 10 minutes I hated it (this is without the influence of freefolk, by the way).

Meanwhile I knew what was going to happen going in, and I don't really hate it so much. Maybe because I've known for the last couple of weeks what would happen, and I tempered my expectations. Probably what I'll feel soon is that I'll never love it, but it's fine. Not good, certainly not great, but it's meh and whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Also there really isnt a nights watch and all the freefolk already pledged allegiance to Jon so did jon just basically become king beyond the wall?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think that was sort of the implication.

If not King Beyond the Wall, I think we are more or less supposed to believe that he took the freefolk North and doesn't plan on coming back. Honestly? I'm actually really okay with that ending. His whole thing has been not wanting to be a leader (or a king), and going north with a people he'd previously hated, but learned to respect, and later love to live his life out as a man without a sovereign is very much in character.

Also, Tormund is his best friend (smurf you Sam, you're a bad character and always have been) and seeing their relationship build over the series from hatred and mockery, to distrust, to tentative allyship, to friendship, to the love of brothers has been one of my favorite parts. Jon broing out with Tormund is a-okay with me.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't really have a problem with anything other than the shortened seasons stifling the reward of every single payoff. The deterioration of Jon and Dany's relationship would have carried more weight if people even had time to get used to them actually being in one. Yeah we've had 2 years, but in show time they shacked up in S7E7 and already started to have lineage conflict in S8E3.

Also did Bran really say "I don't want it" and "Why do you think I'm here" in the same scene?

I don't know maybe I just took for granted that the world was round but apparently if you sail west of Westoros you either:

1. Fall off the face of the Earth
    2. Find unexplored land I guess
    3. Wave hello to Daario cause actually yes the world is round and you're in Essos now

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I didn't really have a problem with anything other than the shortened seasons stifling the reward of every single payoff. The deterioration of Jon and Dany's relationship would have carried more weight if people even had time to get used to them actually being in one. Yeah we've had 2 years, but in show time they shacked up in S7E7 and already started to have lineage conflict in S8E3.

Also did Bran really say "I don't want it" and "Why do you think I'm here" in the same scene?

I don't know maybe I just took for granted that the world was round but apparently if you sail west of Westoros you either:

1. Fall off the face of the Earth
    2. Find unexplored land I guess
    3. Wave hello to Daario cause actually yes the world is round and you're in Essos now
    Nah the what shadowlands? That's what's on the other side of Essos. Which if I recall in the books theres stories there about undead winter creatures there too but who knows if that's the same. But yeah it's like bravos and mareen on one side, then you've got the dothraki grasslands then the shadow lands I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Essos apparently dealt with its own Long Winter, but we haven't gotten much info on that.

Drogon probably went to Valryia or Asshai.

The deterioration of Jon and Dany would have worked if a.) Jon had show any affection for her at all this season b.) Kit and Emilia had any chemistry at all. I know, I know. I've slagged Emilia Clarke off for 7 years. But she had chemistry with Drogo, and Daario, and Jorah. Just like...none with Kit. I don't get it. Likewise with him. He had more chemistry with Grey Worm when they were about to pop off.

who cares if jon killed dany, their relationship meant nothing, and neither did him killing her. literally anyone else kill her would have made more sense.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was amused how arya popped up and hes like whoa wtf

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah so I was pretty satisfied with this overall.

Chaos is a ladder but a few rungs were missing.

So hey how did we tally in our death poll.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Brienne writing Jaime's entry and SER PODRICK PAYNE OF THE KINGSGUARD made me happy. I'm also happy for Jon and Ghost, Tormund and the Free Folk.

Also at least Bronn got to do what he loves, rolling around in giant piles of coins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    does anyone else feel strangely uncomfortable that sweet robin got hot
    seriously, was coming here to post that. wtf sweetrobin guess all that breast milk paid off

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So, if you HAD to pick from the known living (Westeros-based) cast for Master of Whispers and Master of War, who would you go for?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

There aren't many people to choose from that are (show) named characters! Assuming the North is discounted and maesters, Kingsguard etc. are not eligible here are your options:

• Edmure Tully
    • Robin Arryn
    • Yohn Royce
    • Gendry Baratheon
    • Unnamed Dornish Prince
    • Yara Greyjoy
    • Gilly
    • Melessa Tarly
    • Talla Tarly
    • Ser Ilyn Payne (we never saw him die!)
    • I guess all of the Frey women?

Yohn Royce is the obvious choice for Master of War. smurf it, let's hire Gilly as Master of Whispers. She uncovered the "Raggar" Targaryen plot after all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yohn Royce was also going to be my choice for Master of War.

If Arya hadn't smurfed off to Westereros, I'd say her abilities would have made her the perfect Master of Whisperers. But let's be real here: no one's topping Varys, so why even bother? smurf it, sure, Gilly. Why not.

it's cool that arya got to go to valinor

Articles
    Blog Entries

Daenerys vs Cersei turned out to be Trump vs Hillary all over again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

B5rJsnB.png

I actually made this lol