Page 508 of 528 FirstFirst ... 8408458488498502503504505506507508509510511512513514518 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I have to admire Sansa's dedication to the "Men in my family die when they go South" line. Men in your family also die when you reveal their closest secrets to the Lannisters, so let's hope you've learned your less... oh. oh no but sansa you're the smartest person arya knows
    Yeah. She doesn't like Dany. She knows this info will do a lot of damage. So she told the one person she knew and trusted that it would spread where it should to undermine her.
    You know how Sansa looks up to Cersei as a god? So let's ask, what would Cersei do? Well, remember how Cersei planned to let the monsters fight each other - to great effect? That's what Sansa should do before playing this card, let Daenerys and Cersei duke it out and then press Jon's claim to mop up afterwards. Otherwise she just painted a big bullseye on Jon's back for both Cersei and Daenerys and you're risking a three way conflict where you hold the smallest force. Or maybe just let your beloved family member not be a king of anything just like he wants idk

Although I don't know why I'm saying any of this. In S8 GoT there's no negative consequences to doing anything really, strategy is non existent and the Stark girls are infallible.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The realization you come to when the imp knows your queen's pregnant but he hasn't talked to her since before you had sex.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The realization you come to when the imp knows your queen's pregnant but he hasn't talked to her since before you had sex.

Did literally just talk to the guy who confirmed the pregnancy though. I'm not sure which one he's smart/dumb enough to think is right. Or if he'd even give that much of a trout if he did know. Other than, you know, she'd totally kill him once they win and as far as anyone knows is having his child so - smurf I'm getting down a rabbit hole and I am too high for this trout right now.

Once again logic goes right out the window, specifically in three spots for me:

How did Bronn just walk into Winterfell and find Jaime and Tyrion like that? I get it that everyone is mostly off drinking and pairing off but he's carrying a Lannister crossbow for crying out loud. Those guards at the Winterfell gate really are the worst.

Were those spears heat seeking? Three direct shots, one right into the neck from what looked like an angle behind a mountain range? Euron might give the Splash Brothers a run for their money in shooting percentage.

Why didn't Cersei just shoot Tyrion and the rest of the about two dozen people at her gates, including the final dragon? She's already blown up like half the city, but now she's following some sort of formal rules of combat?

My endgame prediction now is that I think Dany does indeed burn the city down and she ultimately is betrayed by Tyrion, who joins Jaime as being a slayer of rulers. Or maybe Jon does it? Could he finally find a bit of guile? And can Ghost please get a happy ending somewhere warm!

Ironically, these warp speed episodes make me even more interested to read the books when they are finished. (Assuming they are, either by GRRM or his estate).

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would have taken 10-15 seconds for Jon just to go over and give Ghost a little oooshabooboodo smoooshie ruffle-of-the-head-aroo. But no, he just f**ks off. I know we've debated Theon's path to redemption but there is simply no way back for Jon after this. I hope he dies horribly.

I actually forgot about fortune teller that Cersei visits who predicts she'll be "...queen for a time. Then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear." I know that prophecies aren't always fulfilled but...

Also, Missandei's death clearly spells the end for Greyworm. Thinking back to SPT's prophecy that "Neither can live while the other survives"... It's a foregone conclusion.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

And why, after hitting Rhaegal 3 times in a row, did 30 smurfing scorpions miss Daenerys point blank?

Yeah, Cersei could've ended the war right there. Daenerys has never been anything without her dragons, and Drogon was literally just chilling on the ground.

Grey Worm isn't dying. He has to take Missandei's remains back to Naath and fulfill his promise to her about protecting her people. He's living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

couple minutes later:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know Yara doesn't have a huge resource, but I can't see her staying at the Iron Islands while it all kicks off. I'm hoping she can show up late and take out pound shop Jack Sparrow. The guy is devoid of all charm.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Grey Worm isn't dying. He has to take Missandei's remains back to Naath and fulfill his promise to her about protecting her people. He's living.
    This is what I want.

As many times in this show as people have died for someone, I'd like some more bittersweet moments of people having to live for someone.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Trying to cram about 30 episodes of content (at the show's usual pacing) into 6 is showing. I liked the first two episodes with all the reunions and didn't mind the night battle. Some people did stupid things but that always happens in GoT. Arya's moment was fantastic. I also always thought the white walker angle was less interesting compared to the politics. This most recent episode was really bad, though, for too many reasons to list. I can't think of a single person who was not idiotic in this episode except perhaps The Hound or Tormund. I don't have much hope for the two episode wrap up to all this but I could be surprised! Maybe Arya will dash out of a corner and stab Cersei as well.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

I agree, I have absolutely no issue with characters making poor or stupid decisions. In fact, I welcome it. GoT's best moments have come from characters making poor decisions - Ned, Robb, Stannis and Oberyn. My issue with it is that, other than Daenerys who is being absolutely shafted, nobody else is experiencing negative consequences of stupid decisions. In fact, those characters are still being praised for being smart and sneering at other characters for being dumb! (hi Tyrion and Sansa)

I don't think it's a coincidence that Daenerys has been the most interesting and enjoyable character this season. She's the reason to watch the show and I'm excited to see what she does now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Daenerys has been the most interesting and enjoyable character this season. She's the reason to watch the show and I'm excited to see what she does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Mate that Daenerys crazy eyes trout at Jon and then Cersei was the business I'm not having it