Page 509 of 528 FirstFirst ... 9409459489499503504505506507508509510511512513514515519 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did anyone noticed that this episode she started wearing a cravat? Probably in memory of the late great Jorah Mormont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

this show is so smurfing garbage lol

death list coming soon

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Nah, I figure this is the thing the books will do too.

Mad queen and all that. But hey, we got cleganebowl?

what's a redemption arc

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In one of those pool thingies I said the Iron Throne would melt in the end. Lookin' good for me!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That was horrible and brutal. Full respect goes to the stunt people, visual effects teams and the actors and actresses. They did not pull their punches! And for everyone who wanted Cersei to get hers as King's Landing falls - hell, people who have wanted it since Joffrey - this is what that looks like. Cute and cuddly Northmen rapists, sweet lil Grey Worm the murderer, Dothraki running down fleeing women and children. I hope you enjoyed it!

I wish we'd seen more of Daenerys in that episode. As in, actually saw her reactions to stuff rather than as a WMD. Maybe the words of Viserys, Jon, Jorah, Missandei ("Dracarys!") echoing in her head like in the previously on bit. Maybe cackling maniacally. Shrieking "BURN THEM ALL!".

I don't think they did quite enough of a good job to make her change from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM7jhG-9yQM to the Mad Queen seem entirely believable. Like, the straw that broke the camel's back was Jon not putting out? Come on, don't be doing her dirty like that.

I agree that the Jaime bit was the worst. He needs a final boss so let's give him Euron! ughhhhh. No. Valonqar? What's that?

I liked Arya's bit though. "I'm gonna kill the queen " and not only failing but actually experiencing consequences? Thank you! I'm even feeling generous about deus ex horse right now.

I don't really feel like Cersei got what was coming to her. I feel like she got off easily. Also, I wanted Arya to kill her. That's kind of been my main investment in the show, so kind of disappointed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well, I wasn't really amazed or disappointed with that episode. I mean it was awesome to watch it play out and overall Idrsay I'm satisfied with what happened. Will be interesting to see how Dany plays out in the final episode.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I wish we'd seen more of Daenerys in that episode. As in, actually saw her reactions to stuff rather than as a WMD. Maybe the words of Viserys, Jon, Jorah, Missandei ("Dracarys!") echoing in her head like in the previously on bit. Maybe cackling maniacally. Shrieking "BURN THEM ALL!".
    I dunno. I kinda liked the perspective e from the common people. It made if feel more of a horrible thing she was doing. I think if we focused on her more, youd get some of that there empathies and maybe wouldnt have been as horrified about her actions.

I agree that the Jaime bit was the worst. He needs a final boss so let's give him Euron! ughhhhh. No. Valonqar? What's that?
    Yeah the euron bit was dumb. Agreed.

I liked Arya's bit though. "I'm gonna kill the queen " and not only failing but actually experiencing consequences? Thank you! I'm even feeling generous about deus ex horse right now.
    "Death rides a pale horse."

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

All the inconsistencies at this point are amusing but the size of Dany's army has to be the best one, from "half the Dothraki" miraculously surviving Winterfell to the next episode preview having a bigger army than she had this episode.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Visually appealing and well shot episode, terrible storytelling.

1 episode left.

I do think of the last of our main bunch, Davos would make a wonderful King. He’s never wanted it, or had a stake in it. He’s always been a moral character, and has observed so much of the happenings - witnessed the downfall of Stannis, resurrection of Jon, death of the Night King, and the madness of Dany. That’s a lot of things to witness and still be as firm as he is. Sadly, this will never happen.

I think a joint rulership of Bran/Sansa with Arya killing Dany and she and Jon heading north of the wall, just generally escaping politics.

I hope Tyrion survives, and is a better hand to Sansa than he has been shown to be to Dany.

Mixed feelings on Jamie/Cersei. I think it’s apt that they died as a tower collapsed on them, after they both started it by pushing someone from a tower. That said, the show has spent all this time redeeming Jamie, and while normally I’m a fan of a rug pull - this felt.... very unsatisfying indeed.