Page 518 of 528 FirstFirst ... 18418468498508512513514515516517518519520521522523524 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

I don't know maybe I just took for granted that the world was round but apparently if you sail west of Westoros you either:

1. Fall off the face of the Earth
    2. Find unexplored land I guess
    3. Wave hello to Daario cause actually yes the world is round and you're in Essos now
    The world can be round AND there can be undiscovered land.
    Yeah obviously.

Do you ever join a thread to contribute an original thought to the discussion or does it always have to be some pedantic and/or condescending rebuttal to another poster?

Ride your pale green horse in a more positive direction my dude.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Just thinking about the last parts of the episode again...

Hand meeting on who to appointment for the missing positions and general day to day business of the realm. Bran, in classic Bran fashion, smurfs off to go worg into animal (this time, a Dragon... quite why he didn't do that during the Long Night we'll never know). Classic Bran, shirking the responsibility to someone else. 10/10 King.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Appently IHW lost his mind when he read the script and thought it was all a big joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

In the end, reverse engineering the story to go from the end points to give some sort of coherent reasons why proved just too much for the lack of time afforded. It got where it needed to go but essentially felt like a wikipedia page explaining the plot by the end, "Jon and Dany fall in love, Jon finds out his secret, Dany doesn't like it, Dany gets mad, goes mad, Jon kills Dany".

My only real qualms about this logically were twofold: How in the heck did Grey Worm and the apparently THOUSANDS of respawned Dothraki not gut Jon the instant he came out of the throne room? Suddenly, they show him mercy and just lock him up when they've been slitting throats of anyone that looks at them funny? Then, how does Jon's background not even come up at all in the Dragonpit? No one there thinks that maybe Jon, like most every other leader in Westeros' history, should be the next king because he killed to get there? Jon wouldn't have accepted it of course, but just banishing him instead of him choosing to leave took the agency out of the character's hands and felt so strange after all the years of buildup.

Plus, I guess we're meant to understand the point of him coming back to life was to take down Dany? Tough break for those star-crossed lovers.

Most characters finished in places that felt true to them, save Bran, who the show so horribly bungled and frankly made into the least interesting character on the show bar none. I would have to imagine that those mythic still to come books will flesh this out more and explain what the heck is up with him.

Though Game of Thrones has ended, it's only for now. This is some powerful IP that I fully expect to be used over and over again, not just with prequels but with some more one off stories down the road. We joke about the Adventures of Arya, but don't doubt HBO or Apple or Netflix aren't already scheming how to make that into a limited run series.

Take care all.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Yeah I'm comin' for all your heads.

LWL is sitting on the throne by the end of this thing.
    Let it be known LWL the first of his name, father of ducks and the great grass memes called his kingship back in March with a vision the likes of which even the three eyed raven would be envious of.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    In one of those pool thingies I said the Iron Throne would melt in the end. Lookin' good for me!
    IT MELTED! IT smurfING MELTED! I WIN THE GAME OF THRONES!!!!!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Announcing the winner of my little deathpool! Person with the fewest incorrect guesses gets to subvert our expectations and become King of Westeros at the eleventh hour!

Heather....................18
    Freya.......................16
    Psychotic..................13
    Denmark..................12
    Jinx.........................10
    Kalevala...................10
    Shauna......................9

And the winner is...

Bubba........................6

Lone Wolf Leonheart.....5

Congrats on the win! Clearly someone had a leak of the scripts this season! DM me your address for a small, dumb prize if you'd like.
    Considering I had zero access to the leaked scripts I think I did pretty well!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pic 13.jpg

"Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know GoT hasn't been an easy show to get on with. And I know that given the choice, I probably wouldn't have chosen Bran for king. But, I just want to say... that over the years... I have to come to regard it... as... a show... I watched."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If anyone is interested, here is the full joke that Tryion never got to tell...

(SPOILER)
    Tyrion walks into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass.
    Madame: What can we do for you?
    Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me.
    Madame: Whatever for? And what's with the honeycomb and the mule?
    Tyrion: My woman found a genie in a bottle and he granted her three wishes. The first was for a house fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. The second wish was that she have the nicest ass in all the land, so he gave her this damn donkey...
    Madame: And what about the third wish?
    Tyrion: Well... she asked the genie to make my cock hang down past my knee.
    Madame: Well that one's not so bad eh?
    Tyrion: Not so bad!? I used to be six foot three!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

HBO's airing a documentary tonight called "The Last Watch", trying to milk that one last weekend of Game of Thrones viewership.

Looks to be full of behind the scenes, table reads, make up, set building, things of that nature.

If anyone wants to squeeze one more weekend out of this thread I'll be watching this and I'll be here afterwards to talk about it with anyone else who does.

And then my watch will end. But you know. Until the prequels start up.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The set creations are so amazing. It's wild that it took 7 months to build King's Landing from the bottom up. I figured they might have used some pre-existing cathedral type building somewhere or something.

It was really cool seeing the table read and seeing the cast's reactions as they read what would happen to them for the first time.

The head of snow said that they basically just used wet paper in their sets. That's a really cool effect. Obviously it's real snow when they shoot in places like Iceland.

Vladimir Furdik/The Night King is so damn awesome. He's a man of many hats. Helping with the choreography and stunt work when he isn't behind the mask.

Overall it's a cool documentary, but at a 2 hour runtime it could have been cut in half tbh. There's a lot of neat stuff here but there's only so much I need to see of like seeing the extra's tent get built or w/e. Part's like that were just general behind the scenes stuff that really could have applied to any show and wasn't GoT specific.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

So, after this season left me unsatisfied I started re-reading A Game of Thrones. My god, this book is so good. I'd forgotten how wonderful it was. The pacing is superb and the way Martin keeps your interest in so many plot threads is excellent. I think I am enjoying it even more from the perspective of knowing how it turns out and who all the random side characters are because there's so many little nuances and subtleties to pick up on. If anyone is bored I really recommend doing so (and then we can nerd out and share our thoughts together )

I think the failure of the last season or two of the show has kind of put Martin's struggles with TWoW into perspective. It must be a nightmare to bring all of these threads together neatly. I wonder how much of the final two seasons will happen in the books. I suspect a lot of the fan service (Gendry x Arya, Brienne x Jaime, Lyanna, Arya in general actually etc) will not make it. I'm entirely convinced the Night King as we knew him in the show won't be in it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So, after this season left me unsatisfied I started re-reading A Game of Thrones. My god, this book is so good. I'd forgotten how wonderful it was. The pacing is superb and the way Martin keeps your interest in so many plot threads is excellent. I think I am enjoying it even more from the perspective of knowing how it turns out and who all the random side characters are because there's so many little nuances and subtleties to pick up on. If anyone is bored I really recommend doing so (and then we can nerd out and share our thoughts together )

I think the failure of the last season or two of the show has kind of put Martin's struggles with TWoW into perspective. It must be a nightmare to bring all of these threads together neatly. I wonder how much of the final two seasons will happen in the books. I suspect a lot of the fan service (Gendry x Arya, Brienne x Jaime, Lyanna, Arya in general actually etc) will not make it. I'm entirely convinced the Night King as we knew him in the show won't be in it.
    I'm actually rereading the series now too. You want to maybe make a discussion thread for it?

And yes, it's so smurfing good. Like you said, it's interesting reading it through the scope of what we know now. I can see some possible hints about Bran's fate especially, in Ned's musings.

I'm really interested to see what happens to book Tyrion, since they white-washed the trout out of him in the show. I understand they did it because Peter Dinklage made him so beloved, but I would have liked to see him go dark. He has the acting chops for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.