Page 437 of 528 FirstFirst ... 337387417427431432433434435436437438439440441442443447457487 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

been exercising
    eating healthy for over a week
    and for once i didn't click the spoilers

i'm growing up, guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I still can't stand Arya. I think even with the realisation that not all in the Lannister army are evil, she's gone a fair few notches up on the "your actions are going to result in you getting skewered" scale.

Sansa sassing Littlefinger was the best.

Jaime will potentially turn on his sister if he catches wind of what's at stake. I can potentially even see him being the one to kill her.

Cersei will be a totalitarian meglomaniac until the bitter end.

Dany clearly means business already. Though will probably act brashly and suffer for it.

I wonder if the Hound actually saw anything in the fire, or just spouted trout because he knew they'd turn on him at some point.

Ah, glad to have new GoT to talk about.

I did not read any of the leaked spoilers, so my theories could be way, way off.

I really enjoyed this re-booted Euron. I did read about how his character was being given a bit of a soft remix after coming out of nowhere last season and his wild, chaotic angle could be a fun mix. I think his gift HAS to be someone Cersei wants dead, but who is left? Tyrion maybe? But how could he possibly get to him when he's so close to Dany? Based on trailers, maybe it's Theon or Yara, but why wouldn't he just kill them as they have no real connection to Cersei?

Was anyone else half expecting something to come out and attack The Hound and Thoros when they were burying the bodies? The mist and snow seemed to be the same as the one we saw early in with the White Walkers. Frankly, I'm glad Thoros, Beric and The Hound are going to be playing a more prominent part in the story again. I find their dynamic fascinating. The Hound in particular is in my opinion the crowning achievement in GoT's character shading. He has gone from just a henchmen type to perhaps be one of the most reluctant heroes in the entire story and I think this added twist of perhaps seeing things in the flames makes him even more important. We're totally sure about his parentage, right?

The Jon and Sansa story gets more interesting by the day and I'm convinced that something will pull Jon away and Sansa will now have to really run the show for the first time and see if she can put into practice everything she's learned along the way.

Arya, as others have said, was veering toward just becoming an out and out killer, so I think the Lannister concert scene was meant to remind her that she needs to lose some of her "No One Nihilism" and find some empathy again. Perhaps seeing her wolf again will help? Or Gendry? Or dare I hope it, Jon?

Bran finally, his story remains a puzzle to me. I think he must exist for something beyond just knowledge. Otherwise, doesn't he just sort of serve the same purpose as Sam? Someone who can advise and help out? I think the fact that he can quite possibly interact with time will in fact become more and more important.

Season openers are usually the episodes that re-set the board, so I'm expecting things to really kick into gear next week.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just assumed the gift Euron intended to get for Cersei was a dragon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this episode. The cold open was probably the best bit, it was such a dramatic opening even if I knew what was going to happen.

The Ed Sheeran campfire bit was trying to hard. It was too "oh look at us, we're not evil, let's talk about how we dote on our wives." It was pushing the case too hard, basically. Ed Sheeran wasn't even the worst bit, only by association. Of course we'll portray Ed Sheeran as this folksy kind-hearted soldier. Now Ed Sheeran being a villain of the week who gets killed, yeah I'm fine with that.

Other than that, and honestly it isn't even that big a deal, I loved the episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I didn't mind the Ed scene too much because I like Ed. Wait, wait, wait. I mean I didn't mind the Ed scene too much because aside from the initial singing bit he was barely a part of the scene. It was the other two dudes that did all the talking. At that point he became an extra, as it should be.

Loved everything about the episode personally. Just felt good.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It's great to see Ed this season, don't understand all the backlash.

Eddison_the_red_woman_s6.jpg

Alright, there was my bad joke for the season.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's not a joke for me. I literally thought that is who you all were talking about. I don't know who this Ed whatever guy is so I was super confused.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He's a popular ginger popstar that people really hate for some reason but his songs keep making top 10. He's part of Taylor Swift's "Squad"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wasn't he a massive Brexit supporter?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Who's Taylor Swift? Just kidding. Though I did have no idea she had a squad.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Wasn't he a massive Brexit supporter?
    Looked it up and no, he's not?

“See, that’s the thing. I don’t get involved in politics,” he replied. “But I will say one thing: I was born a European and I smurfing love being a European. You can probably guess my answer from that.”
    So that's all I could find on that. I guess He was a Corbyn fan though?

And Yeah taylor has a 'squad' but that is very 2015/16 Taylor. She's been very private after the frenzy when she dated Tom Hiddleston (Loki in Thor). And after the backlash for when kanye had a line in his song about her ("Bitch, I made her famous") last year. He says she authorized it, she came out trying to play victim that she didn't approve that and how dare he attack her again. But then yesterday a year ago, (they're calling it snekday now for how slimy Swift is) Kim Kardashian shared a video via snap chat where she filmed kayne having the conversation with taylor on speaker phone prior to the song release where she DID approve it. So she was just trying to play victim to the public again. Which is also why she's been kinda in social hiding. She didn't even have her big Fourth of July party she usually has each year with her 'squad'. So the squad is kinda fizzling out. Mostly supermodels and other popstars.

basically, I pay attention to celeb news too much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ed is great. Also as much as I love Ed Sheeran, I too thought you meant Eddison at first. Who I also love.

People hate Ed Sheeran because he's a big shot pop star but he actually earned his way there with, you know, talent and hard work. People hate him because tall poppy syndrome.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The Hound looks into the fire and one of the things he describes is "a mountain".

Do you think that was a wink to the audience? Maybe foreshadowing?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Maybe, but it was a mountain in the shape of an arrowhead. I'm not sure his brother has that body type.