Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite PC game?

Fairly limited on the number of PC games I've played, but I always had the most fun with Septerra Core, but then again I just love my turn based RPG's.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Fairly limited on the number of PC games I've played, but I always had the most fun with Septerra Core, but then again I just love my turn based RPG's.
    grinding in that game was such a smurfing chore though
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Fallout 2. I've played through it several times, and it's still as entertaining and interesting as it was the first time I played it.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    My friends and I were talking about Deus Ex and how much we thought it sucked lat night
    Me and my friends were having the same conversation about a month ago.
    Wow, what?! Deus Ex is one of my favourite games of all time, not just PC.

As for PC I'd have to say Deus Ex, with Shogun: Total War a very close second.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Toss-up between Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Deus Ex.
    Your the only one who has mentioned Deus Ex apart from me. Now thats depressing.
    I'm going Deus Ex too. However, the other day I was talking with a friend about it about issues the game has (issues it's always had). Also I posted it in a thread a while ago - "Good games you hate". This mainly for the fact that the game can be very frustrating and clunky in certain situations, and also very brittle AI-wise.

Nevertheless, it's still a masterpiece. Almost every level is compelling and, unlike most games ever released, it actually gets better the more you play it and the farther you go into the story, discovering new routes, new tactics, gaining experience, and generally making a very customized agent (Alpha Protocol has a similar appeal, including one of the best perk systems I've seen). I also love how different augments effectively open up new paths and sections, too. My favourites are the cloak, power lifting, and super-jump/run augs. I'll go through huge swaths of the game never even being seen.

The ending(s) are all disappointing in their briefness, but the last level is fantastic and a memorable way to close out the game. Besides Shadow of the Colossus, I don't think there's a game I've played since DX that I've found as creative, clever, and generally all-around wonderful .
    Last edited by Flying Arrow; 04-03-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrySmiths View Post
    I like PC games. My favorite PC game is call of duty black ops. While playing this game my interest reached at the top. Please share with us what is your favorite PC game?

This is my favorite post right now.

Thief 2: The Metal Age. No contest. I just found the Thief Compilation for $14 and will be playing through them all once more finally in anticipation of number four coming out sometime DON'T YOU TOY WITH MY HEART EIDOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    It was a decent enough game, except for the one little caveat that building your own roller coaster was basically impossible. The pre-built ones are likely the only ones people will enjoy. The restrictions on how exciting or intense a ride could be removed what would otherwise be one of the best parts of the game. All those cool ideas for rides just get junked because they wind up scaring customers away.
    Maybe if you suck.
    Last edited by Rase; 04-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Carmageddon 2
    Sam & Max Hit the Road
    Grim Fandango.
    The Sims
    Sanitarium
    Worms
    Colonization

Are some games I spent a lot of time on. Maybe I'll pick Sanitarium, point and click games are pretty awesome.

I was tempted to say Half-life 2 but....

The PC game I've spent the most time with and is my absolute favorite is Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

freelancer is an rpg shooter.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    grinding in that game was such a smurfing chore though
    If grinding in that game is a chore for you, stay far, far away from Digimon World 2. :

But I'm a huge Turn based fan, and I love them to death. Grinding has never bothered me all that much.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

Civ 4, Sim City 4000, and most of the Fallout games.
    derp

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Total War games, Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, Portal 1&2, The Battle for Middle-Earth and The Witcher
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

My favorite PC game has to be Minecraft. It's such an amazing game, even though it's such a simple concept. I can spend hours playing this game. There are a few other PC games that are worth mentioning as well, like: The Witcher 2, Team Fortress 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Deus Ex. All such great games that I've spent so much time playing.
    Would you like a hug?

". . .I do not believe human beings have a set nature. I believe human beings are what they believe they are, and that what they believe they are is largely generated from what they are told they are. This makes our era of mass media portentous for humanity because it seems to suggest a systematic elimination of difference. . ."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    This individual knows what's up.

My favorite PC game is (SURPRISE!) SMAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Space Pope View Post
    This individual knows what's up.

My favorite PC game is (SURPRISE!) SMAC.
    Personally, I still prefer Master of Orion 2.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.