Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melodic Death Metal

HAHAHA! YES!!!!

Seriously though. I listed a bunch of bands in what's your fav band/genre thread.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I missed this thread, and it's old but it's a good opportunity to mention a band no one has yet. (Omnium Gatherum is great, so I'll name drop them too) Anyway, here's another solid entry in the genre

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Prophetian

Kalmah is a band that has former members of ETS, so they're sorta related. I can't remember the details

Kalmah - Moon of My Nights

Oh, and Norther is pretty decent.

LOL, not for me, I just don't like male vocals when it comes to that sort of thing.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Get out.

Kalmah is one of my favorite bands, especially in this genre.

I'd say my top 5 are:
    Kalmah
    Ensiferum
    Amon Amarth
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    In Flames

I'll check out your recommendations, Sharky.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    ^Get out.

Kalmah is one of my favorite bands, especially in this genre.

I'd say my top 5 are:
    Kalmah
    Ensiferum
    Amon Amarth
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    In Flames

I'll check out your recommendations, Sharky.
    Typical, I just don't enjoy it. Didn't say it was wrong for you.

Huh, I gotta say I'm surprised Spirit. Almost every band you've mentioned in other threads is one I've liked and/or one I've mentioned before in other threads. I think this is the first time we've disagreed on a band.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    Typical, I just don't enjoy it. Didn't say it was wrong for you.
    I don't understand how you can possibly dislike the undeniable leaders of the metal scene.

That's like saying you like rock but don't like Led Zeppelin or The Who.

I like what I like, it's good enough for me, I don't pose as any one else. There are no leaders that decide what I like.

I love rock, I love Zepplin's music. I hate the vocals.

I can't stand how almost every song he has a man-gasm. It just bothers me.

I love most Rush songs, but there's some where I can't take the vocals. I smurfing hate Tom Sawyer. ick.

Blog Entries

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! D:

I don't listen to music like this any more but I used to be into this type of stuff. I heard it too many times, absorbed it all too quickly. It's energy has too circular a path, and I need something more immense.

It doesn't resonate that deep of feelings any more. I need something with more energy to it, life. I've lived through those softer bands for too long. I need more and so I pick music with more life in it to progress to deeper depths of feeling, life.

Blog Entries

Metal.... softer? wat.

I don't listen to music like this any more but I used to be into this type of stuff. I heard it too many times, absorbed it all too quickly. It's energy has too circular a path, and I need something more immense.

It doesn't resonate that deep of feelings any more. I need something with more energy to it, life. I've lived through those softer bands for too long. I need more and so I pick music with more life in it to progress to deeper depths of feeling, life.
    Clearly Spirit has a ascended to a higher plane of metal that us inferior, corporeal beings dare only dream of. He's achieved an existence as an intagible/ethereal being composed of pure, aggressive, metal theory/energy. The rest of us can't fully understand what he is now. Instead we do the only thing we can do. We bow in it's aura.

Seriously though. Just listen to the damn music!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

Clearly Spirit has a ascended to a higher plane of metal that us inferior, corporeal beings dare only dream of. He's achieved an existence as an intagible/ethereal being composed of pure, aggressive, metal theory/energy. The rest of us can't fully understand what he is now. Instead we do the only thing we can do. We bow in it's aura.

Seriously though. Just listen to the damn music!
    I was referring to soft rock songs that were brought up. Why do people keep trying to put on my complex tee shirt? It's too damn cold to even wear that here...I'm not trying to put it on...take it off me and let's get busy here tonight!

Yeah, baby...yeah...can you dig it?

Sorry, it's like 3:30 AM now...

I'm listening to your link, it doesn't shock me or anything to be honest, melodic death metal relaxes me. Thanks for sharing, good stuff. Great band. Wow, this one might be worth spending money on.

No, hard ass intended, no complex...just saying...I dont even care that it's male fronted. Good ...
    Last edited by spirit; 04-01-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Veil of Maya isn't at all what I'd call melodic death metal. To me they have elements of progressive metal, metalcore, and techdeath. Soo...progressive, techdeathcore? jeez that's dumb sounding.

Of course trying to put any metal band in any genre causes internet flame wars. I'm sure someone is about to jump in and tell me how I'm a dumb, stupid newb and that VoM is obviously ambidjent, halfstep, 12bar, afroceltic jazzmetal fusion. Who knows anymore. They're too many bands crossing up too many genres to label them anymore. That's why I just listen to the damn music.