Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What worlds would you like to see in the next KH?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default What worlds would you like to see in the next KH?

Don't limit yourself to just animated Disney features, Pirates and Tron were in KH2 after all! I would like to see a Mighty Ducks world, only for the cheese of it. I doubt it would actually be that good. It would also be cool to see a world based on the latest Disney feature, Tangled.

Oh! And Mary Poppins might actually be a fun world to visit as well. I think the interactions there would fit into the KH story nicely.

And of course, Pixar worlds would be awesome, like Toy Story or Monsters Inc.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Being that this will be the first numbered title launch since Disney acquired Pixar completely, I'm holding out for at least one or two Pixar worlds. Toy Story and Monsters Inc. lead the pack there, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tron makes a return a la Tron Legacy except that perhaps CLU would be a copy of Sora instead of Flynn.

Tangled's another good one.

Since the Hunchback of Notre Dame is going to be in KH3D, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in KH3 as well.

Other than that? Fantasia, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Black Cauldron, and maybe The Emperor's New Groove. There's even more than that in Disney's Animated Canon, but I imagine that those are the ones that would work most nicely.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Robin Hood would be a good one!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Tron Space Paranoids
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame opt. "de Paris"
    Fantasia Mysterious Tower
    The Sword in the Stone Camelot or Britain
    The Jungle Book Deep Jungle
    Robin Hood Nottingham or England or Britain tying in with Arthur
    The Black Cauldron Caer Dallben or Prydain
    The Emperor's New Groove Kuzcotopia or Peru

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I wouldn't mind seeing The Emperor's New Groove and Robin Hood, I enjoyed both of those. There's ample material for fresh worlds though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Toy Story! It would be neat to see heartless designed with children's toys in mind.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it sad that once we do Hunchback, we've hit most of my fave Disney films, Jungle Book and Sword in the Stone would be nice and I can't say I wouldn't mind Oliver and Company for something completely different. More Fantasia elements would be cool, most people don't even remember Black Cauldron and it was honestly not very good, but Great Mouse Detective would be pretty awesome. I can dig Emperor's New Groove but I don't think it would be as fun as the movie cause most of what made that movie great was the dialogue and witty banter. I wouldn't mind retracing the Disney Princess worlds, cause BBS certainly made me realize I like those worlds more than I thought I did.

I'm also never been in love with Pixar as most people here are, especially Toy Story, which I never liked (Monster's Inc. would be cooler) so for me, I would honestly prefer them to reach out to their Television series. I want Disney Castle to suddenly have Duckburg attached to it, or bring in the Aladdin TV series villains instead of trying to resurrect Jafar for a third time and force us to do the same Agrabah/Cave of Wonders nonsense for a fifth time. Gargoyles would be pretty cool but it doesn't really fit KH style. My point is, if they insist on keeping some of the more popular Disney films like Aladdin, Hercules, and Little Mermaid, maybe it's time to start expanding into the TV series to pull up some more variety in tales that can be told.

I'm also for Mary Poppins to return but I say we ditch Pirates of the Caribbean, cause god did that world suck in KHII.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Those pirates were my least favorite enemy in the game

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Pocahontas world! Call it "The New World" and make enemies with little muskets and steel helmets and tomahawks and feathers. Pocahontas uses wind powers and animals to fight.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That sounds funny. I would love a Pocahontas world, too. It certainly has the mystical nature that would fit well with the story of the series. I hope they would make Pocahontas playable rather than John Smith or making it a musical level like Atlantica or something like that.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

A world for the Hunchback of Notre Dame of course. I'm expecting Hallow Bastion to Return. I also want Beast to come back in some way. I didn't mind the Pirate's world and wouldn't mind it returning. I think we're through with Atlantica and Olympus will probably come back as the world with the battle arena again.

making it a musical level like Atlantica
    No.

Marry Poppins to appear as a boss or summon, preferably both. If I had to choose...boss.

Tron was pretty cool and they might go with it given the new movie. Let's get a Pixar movie in their too. The only one that I like the idea of for this game would be the Toy Stories.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Great Mouse Detective needs a world.

I can see Pocahontas, Tangled, and the Princess and the Frog as some of the new worlds, they are the only three Disney princesses who have not appeared yet.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    The Great Mouse Detective needs a world.

I can see Pocahontas, Tangled, and the Princess and the Frog as some of the new worlds, they are the only three Disney princesses who have not appeared yet.
    A Princess and the Frog world could be fun. Fighting voodoo doll heartless!

I wonder what a Great Mouse Detective world would be like? Hopefully free of creepy sexually provocative dancing mice.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Man View Post
    Marry Poppins to appear as a boss...
    I vomit. I would not want Mary Poppins in the game... at least not as more than a cameo like Merlin. Mary Poppins as a required fight would also cause my eyes to retreat into my skull and down my throat to drench themselves in the acidic bile of my gut. The closest thing this movie had to a Big Bad was the owner of the bank.

The Princess and the Frog and Tangled would probably work though.

I'm curious, since I haven't played all the way through any of these games, have they ever even toyed with the idea of creating a Square-Enix themed world? The games were supposed to be a hybrid between Square and Disney. But in my experience its just Disney and characters created for the games, with a few Square cameos thrown in. Why not take Donald and Goofy and team up with Frog to battle Magus or save the princess/Marle through a time zone or two? I realize Square's worlds are way too fleshed out on their own to make for a simple level, but it wouldn't be a big deal to make a level out of Midgar or Balamb Garden (excluding the fact that they were probably destroyed in the canon of KH, but they work as examples to the point at any rate)