Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    88. Kefka's laugh is used in Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII.
    Where, how?
    89. VI's story is designed around an opera theme, it uses narration, is split into acts, has several fourth wall breaking moments such as characters waving and acknowledging the player, and even has the ending presented as a giant curtain call. It also uses elements from Italian opera such as a harlequin character (Kefka) and several of the cast members utilize Italian surnames.
    That is cool.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Final Fantasy VI is the first Final Fantasy to hide a boss and a save point in a toilet - Atma. Lol.

And Kefka's laugh is not exactly the laugh which you can hear in the Ghost Square of Final Fantasy VII.

"47. It wasn't until Dissidia that we finally got an age for Kefka, and I believe him and Vayne are the only main villains in the series that actually have confirmed ages."

That's wrong. X-Death is about 300 years old and Kuja is 24. Sephiroth is 29 in Final Fantasy VII, but it would take too long to explain and actually I am the only one here to be interested extremely in things like that. Dysley is 70 - but of course that is obviously just some age which should say how old his human body looks like. After all he is a Fal'Cie and for sure is older than 70. And you didn't need to wait until Dissidia to know how old Kefka is. How old he is, how tall he is, that he was an orphan from Thamasa, et cetera was revealed even before Dissidia.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Is VI the first one to let you have legitimate non-humanoid characters outside of status effects? I may be wrong but I can't think of any in the previous games

It is like you say. Final Fantasy IV has many characters you can use in your team but they are humanoid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Is VI the first one to let you have legitimate non-humanoid characters outside of status effects? I may be wrong but I can't think of any in the previous games
    29. VI is the first first game to feature non-human party members
    Also

that he was an orphan from Thamasa
    Where did this come up?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Where did this come up?
    That's mentioned in the Ultimania. There are some things written about Kefka which show that he is "more character" than most know.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I forgot that the IX timeline mentioned Kuja's age, and I guess the Compilation has finally given a narrow enough timeline to confirm Sephy's actual age. Never heard that Ex-Death was 300 years old though, but I guess we might be talking about the tree itself. As for Kefka...

Which Ultimania? I have the original character guides for VI and they give no inclusion of his age, hell, the VI timeline conflicts with another guide given on Gestahl's age, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few things got retcon out over the years.. I've also heard that the Thamasa orphanage thing is unreliable cause the source is from a fan-fiction site. So if you can give a source I would be appreciative as it would help in another thread I'm working on.

Also, I've already mentioned the non-humanoid characters bit. As for Kefka's laugh in VII and CT. It is the same as his laugh but in both cases, the laugh has been altered by either slowing it down or raising the pitch. Yet you can distinctly tell its the laugh. For those wondering, Sephiroth already mentioned that the laugh in VII comes from the Ghost Hotel in the Gold Saucer, in CT, it's from both Norstein Beckler's Tent of Wonders at the Millennial Fair and Ozzie uses a variation of it as well.

Never heard that Ex-Death was 300 years old though, but I guess we might be talking about the tree itself.
    Gill says it. He's talking about the souls (which are shown as Neo X-Death) which were sealed in the forest for 300 years and have possessed a tree (who is shown as X-Death's "first final form"). Since the souls are...well...souls and I don't know if a tree has souls and the souls are X-Death as well, X-Death is at least 300 years old. Of course there is no official number that he is 318 years and 6 months old. I just take the numbers which are mentioned in Final Fantasy V. About Sephiroth: Sephiroth's age was mentioned in an interview almost 15 years ago. I don't know if someone has some magazine in english here were it is mentioned as well, but I live in germany and there was some magazine about the interview and Final Fantasy VII and it was talked about the 24-years old Sephiroth (during Nibelheim) who was a hero et cetera. Now add 5 years - of course I don't have a birth date of Sephiroth but so you know at least that he is about 29 in Final Fantasy VII. Is he physically 29? Well, since his body was destroyed in the lifestream and has regenerated and since he doesn't physically age after becoming an adult because of the cells, you will not see him aging - at least if it will not be changed. And even if he would age physically - which doesn't happen because Lucrecia doesn't age and the "JENOVA inside her", so the JENOVA cells don't let her die like she says (not to mention the fact that you see her body than in Dirge of Cerberus and three years before she wasn't even in that crystal) - even if he would age physically, he would still be able to shapeshift. About his age - I don't hope it won't be changed. Some things were slightly changed in Final Fantasy VII but if his age will be changed then of course I have to accept it. But as it is now, Sephiroth is 29 in Final Fantasy VII (of course only ~; as already mentioned there is no official birthdate I just don't know why Sephiroth's age and/or birth date is not mentioned these days, maybe they forgot it, lol xD) - if you don't look at his physical age, like I have explained, so only the years of how many years the character Sephiroth already exists in Final Fantasy VII. Meanwhile he is older, of course. At least Dirge of Cerberus is 3 years after Final Fantasy VII. Does he have a body at the moment? No. But as explained I talk about his existence and as we all know Sephiroth still exists and can fully control himself in the lifestream.

Which Ultimania? I have the original character guides for VI and they give no inclusion of his age, hell, the VI timeline conflicts with another guide given on Gestahl's age, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few things got retcon out over the years.. I've also heard that the Thamasa orphanage thing is unreliable cause the source is from a fan-fiction site. So if you can give a source I would be appreciative as it would help in another thread I'm working on.
    I don't know how I should give you a source since I read japanese and I don't use an internet site to inform myself - except it is an official statement of Square, of course. It is possible that I am a bit confused by some Kefka fans at the moment or something like that, but I always use Final Fantasy, the Ultimania, et cetera. And in the Ultimania his age, height, birth date, et cetera is mentioned.

EDIT: Ah, okay. I have checked that with google because I didn't know what you have meant with the fanfiction thing. It seems so that some people were writing garbage about Kefka and Celes or whatever. But that's about it.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-14-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's one of the reasons why I'm curious where the source is because of all the misinformation. I own the "legendary" Settei Shiryou Hen for VI and I can attest to the fact that it doesn't detail any of Kefka's stats and the section on him is less than a paragraph, and while my translating skills are sub-par, so far its reading like a simply "He's the court mage of Gestahl and he's crazy" as opposed to anything someone wouldn't know by just playing the game.

On the other hand, I've seen pictures of an Ultimania style book that gives the basic stats (age, weight, likes and dislike) on Cid and Gestahl from VI but its not from the any of the guide books released back in 94 and it contradicts some of the info from the original guides. So it's either from an unknown book, or it might be from the 20th anniversary FF character guide, or its from a recent guide from one of the games re-releases. I'm just curious to know which cause everyone quotes the info on Kefka, yet no one has been able to show a physical picture of the profile from whatever source gives it.

I'll change the caption to Dissidia is the first game in english that mentions Kefka's age.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

90: Final Fantasy VI was the first appearance of Alexander

91: Final Fantasy VI was also the first appearance of Cait Sith

92: Final Fantasy VI has the first summon that can be lost permanently, when you upgrade Odin into Raiden. (You do lose summons in Final Fantasy IV Advance during Rydias trial and during the plot of FF IX, but you get them back)
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 03-17-2011 at 07:09 PM.

That should be "first", not "only" summon. Because the same thing happens with Odin in FFVIII

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

oops, forgot about that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry qwert, I've already mentioned Cait Sith, but I am surprised I forgot about Alexander especially since he's my fave summon.

92. VI is the first game in the series (before some of the remake retcons) that has the summons called by another name, Phantom Spirits/Espers.

93. There is still no legitimate non-Japanese version of VI that isn't censored in some way.

94. If his Amano artwork is anything to go by, Leo might actually be the first black character in the FF series.

Attachment 34194 228px-Leo_Chibi.jpg

95. VI is the first game in the series that doesn't take place in a visually predominate Medieval fantasy setting. Instead choosing a Second Revolution style Steampunk setting.

96. VI is one of three FF titles where Odin is actually treated as a real character with a backstory in the plot. (IV and XI are the other two FFs.)

97. VI is the first FF to feature an optional boss that can only be encountered on your airship (Deathgaze).

98. VI is the first FF to feature Chocobos but not have a Chocobo forest, it is actually one of four main FF games to feature Chocobo Farms. (IV, VII, and XII being the other three)

99. VI is the only entry in the series that allows you to play as real moogles :mog:

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

RE: Leo being the first black character - We don't really know what Black Mage looks like under that hat of his

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.