Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Band/Song/Genre

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsBlood00 View Post
    haha yeah man...i noticed most of the metal you listen to is slightly more brutal than mine...but thats what makes music great...theres a type for everyone
    It might sound strange but it puts me at peace with myself. I listen to softer stuff like Within Temptation too.

Actually, being out of it for a long time that's where I started at again this year, is with WT.

I love roller coasters too, though I don't really get a rush from music as much as coasters, it still feeds something in me that I want to grow and want fed.

Metal surprises the hell out of me, so many sub genres, i just wish people could enjoy them and not argue what was what, hahaa.But I don't ultimately judge those that do argue, as long as they enjoy it, I'm ok with that because I won't argue back with them.

I also admit to listening to Amy Lee, I don't care what theys says...she's cool in my book.

Ok, softer sides

Paramore
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDy2wCQYSrU
    Amy Lee , love this song, doesn't have to be anything but what it is...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGpsL_XYQI&feature=fvsr
    Avril Lavigne, yes But here you'll see a older version of her, but you'd still dislike it probably. BUT I can listen to this. I am a fan of her older work. I can tell you the order of tracks on the albums.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFSNE18Ywc
    Last edited by spirit; 03-08-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    haha yeah man...i noticed most of the metal you listen to is slightly more brutal than mine...but thats what makes music great...theres a type for everyone
    It might sound strange but it puts me at peace with myself. I listen to softer stuff like Within Temptation too.

Actually, being out of it for a long time that's where I started at again this year, is with WT.

I love roller coasters too, though I don't really get a rush from music as much as coasters, it still feeds something in me that I want to grow and want fed.

Metal surprises the hell out of me, so many sub genres, i just wish people could enjoy them and not argue what was what, hahaa.But I don't ultimately judge those that do argue, as long as they enjoy it, I'm ok with that because I won't argue back with them.
    it dont sound strange at all...metal in general is a great genre to let ur emotions go to...the rush of the guitar, the beat of the drum, and the anger, hate, love, happiness, or sadness is what makes it all go together and makes it so appealing to some people...i would rather make my ears bleed when im sad than listen to a love drunk country song or lil wayne rap about being put it jail, but thats me. and sub genres are pointless...knowing its metal is enough to keep me listening haha

As far as Christian hardcore/metal goes, The Chariot is one of my favourite bands. In fact they're one of my all-time faves. Check this song called "Teach:", from their 2009 album Wars and Rumors of Wars.

The Chariot - Teach:

Jellyfish swim by.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    As far as Christian hardcore/metal goes, The Chariot is one of my favourite bands. In fact they're one of my all-time faves. Check this song called "Teach:", from their 2009 album Wars and Rumors of Wars.

The Chariot - Teach:
    what other christian hardcore/metalcore/metal bands do you listen to? most of my favorites are in this subgenre
    and The Chariot is pretty effin amazing...ive ran across them multiple times on my search for new bands

I agree. It's like poetry to me, I love making my own poetry, it's usually about storms or something or rather , or something as such, but it's usually the same as it's inspired by the same soul but it grows and chases after me in the darker FASTER and FASTER as I progress further and further into my life and I keep running forward and let it chase me down!

It's like a towering giant in the dark and metal, is like the sound of his footsteps. To be honest there's little love in my life, but I know I'm not dark hearted. I just like this stuff.

Not all my poetry is literally the same, haha, but it's the same entity that's running in the dark, the same inspired soul that's just running and running and it's so awesome and free and I love it! I love writing off my finger tips!

I also like other soft stuff, but I can't think of too many examples right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post

The Chariot - Teach:
    Thanks, I'll give this a listen!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Right now I can not get enough of this song
    YouTube - Light This City - The Unwelcome Savior)
    High five!

It's too hard to pick out a permanent favorite. There's so much good stuff. I'm still addicted to Animals As Leaders - "CAFO" right now. That's my current favorite, I guess.

EDIT: Anything by Scale the Summit is pretty nice too. To-Mera is another band that mixes some interesting genres with their metal.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 03-08-2011 at 04:29 AM.

i've always wanted to right poetry, but ive never had a mind creative enough to appeal to me and make me proud of what ive done. the emotion is what makes things amazing but i cant ever put my emotions into words. and yeah, i like slower stuff also. anything from Pink Floyd to Kataklysm. I even listen to 30 Seconds To Mars and Rise Against.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    High five!

It's too hard to pick out a permanent favorite. There's so much good stuff. I'm still addicted to Animals As Leaders - "CAFO" right now. That's my current favorite, I guess.
    I think I'm going to like this band, just started the song. It's got sound to it for sure man. Thanks for sharing!

i've always wanted to right poetry, but ive never had a mind creative enough to appeal to me and make me proud of what ive done. the emotion is what makes things amazing but i cant ever put my emotions into words. and yeah, i like slower stuff also. anything from Pink Floyd to Kataklysm. I even listen to 30 Seconds To Mars and Rise Against.
    Try it without thinking, set your soul free and let it be chased , run scared and passionate, just let go and run with it, let it flow man, AHHHHHHH! lol and let your fingers hit the keys and scamper across your board. HAHA HA Then go back and fix typos and improve what you've wrote. Works for me.

High five!

EDIT: Anything by Scale the Summit is pretty nice too. To-Mera is another band that mixes some interesting genres with their metal.
    Animals As Leaders are pretty great...but the whole no vocals thing erks me for some reason...i kno they dont want one but damn...what a hit they would be

High five!

I think I'm going to like this band, just started the song. It's got sound to it for sure man. Thanks for sharing!

Try it without thinking, set your soul free and let it be chased , run scared and passionate, just let go and run with it, let it flow man, AHHHHHHH! lol and let your fingers hit the keys and scamper across your board. HAHA HA Then go back and fix typos and improve what you've wrote. Works for me.
    *Sigh* I guess i asked for it huh? haha

Asked for what? That's what I do, and a few people appreciate it.

I don't think when I do poetry, it's in my heart, it's not that I think I have a imagination, we all have imaginations, you just have to connect to yours.

Let go and just type, type imagery and symbolism that come out of your subconscious mind. Don't think too much about it and you might be surprised what's chased out of you.

I like that I think 'I might work this nonsense into a poem. I like this concept of being chased...

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If you want Animals As Leaders with vocals, try Periphery. They're more djent, so it's not the exact same. Very good, and very progressive. I actually liked Periphery more before the vocalist came onboard buy, meh.

Misha Mansoor (aka Bulb) from Periphery actually helped Tosin Abasi write some of the drum tracks and few other things on the first Animals As Leaders album.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I struggle to pick favourites because I change so often. To bring something different to the table, I really like The Whitlams, an Australian "indie rock" band. Blow Up The Pokies is probably my favourite song of theirs.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Asked for what? That's what I do, and a few people appreciate it.

I don't think when I do poetry, it's in my heart, it's not that I think I have a imagination, we all have imaginations, you just have to connect to yours.

Let go and just type, type imagery and symbolism that come out of your subconscious mind. Don't think too much about it and you might be surprised what's chased out of you.

I like that I think 'I might work this nonsense into a poem. I like this concept of being chased...
    haha...you have some trippy/scary thoughts man...or girl

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I struggle to pick favourites because I change so often. To bring something different to the table, I really like The Whitlams, an Australian "indie rock" band. Blow Up The Pokies is probably my favourite song of theirs.
    Sounds like what i wana listen to when im..."relaxed"...good suggestion and dramatic change in subject...congrats

If you want Animals As Leaders with vocals, try Periphery. They're more djent, so it's not the exact same. Very good, and very progressive. I actually liked Periphery more before the vocalist came onboard buy, meh.

Misha Mansoor (aka Bulb) from Periphery actually helped Tosin Abasi write some of the drum tracks and few other things on the first Animals As Leaders album.
    Ive heard them before and did not know it...but i remember them as soon as i heard them...epic band...and whats the djent stuff?

So, I decided I liked this music but my "old friend" stop talking to me after I expressed a interest in it.

People don't understand, but I don't fault them. There's many human stereotypes and generalizations that have been programmed into them socially since birth to alienate me. Maybe something is wrong with me, i don't know...Maybe, but I'd like to think that some day, when I'm ready I'll find some one, or something in my life that allows me to see things clearly. Because I'm confused why I can't make any friends, why I choose to ignore people I think I could care about. I don't have the answers.

So, I write poetry on occasion, and try to find other ways to feel what's inside of me. Strong forces are at play and I'd like to think all of these things are significant and beautiful in some way. I enjoy metal music, I appreciate it. Now , my only friend, who was a old friend, in about 5 years is alienating me because he's afraid of me, or at least judges me.

On this some what emo note, I don't like emo music.

Anyways, that is off topic. I'm just saying people don't understand the genre.