Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Band/Song/Genre

I only have 4 words to say about the most brutal metal.

William Murderface Murderface Murderface

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blacker than the blackest black. Times infinity.

I see you're that type of fan. It depends on who does the song, and if it's a woman there's no talent involved...

Aren't intelligent people beyond this yet? There's more to good music than what sex or color some one is...

Whatever man. Metal may not be emo music but a lot of it is about the emotion in the song. My friend who is like 30 something years old has listened to metal his whole life and he agrees. Doesn't matter who sings it.

I bet that you have holes in your ears bigger than your canals and baggy black pants with chains and arm warmers and make up around your eyes.

I got nothing wrong with this image, but certain people definitely make it 2 dimensional, especially when they work so hard towards fitting stereotypes made around this image.

Metal snobs are just annoying, no body wants to hear your about what is or isn't good music. There is talent here, and it shows.
    Last edited by spirit; 03-28-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Lulz. I like how that's where you automatically go to, the image thing.

Anyway, it's not my fault that none of them are any good. I will be the first person to praise a woman, if she actually has good timbre.

Quote Originally Posted by Julbacca View Post
    \

Lulz. I like how that's where you automatically go to, the image thing.

Anyway, it's not my fault that none of them are any good. I will be the first person to praise a woman, if she actually has good timbre.

I had a point to make with the image thing. I don't judge people by the image, as I said I have nothing against that. But certain fanatical people who create that image for their selves can as I said the first time, make it 2 dimensional. You just seem to think pretty flat on this, literally...

Sure you would, praise my ass. The example you posted was softer than some of the chicks in these links and your original comment was something to the effect that a woman couldn't pull it off...You just keep making excuses because you love one thing and are closed minded about another...

Whatever man, your opinion is just that. They have made a career, they are in a fantastic genre of music. And there's nothing really to say that they are failures in their lives. Nor is there any remote indication WHATSOEVER that they are failures in their metal careers.

I'm not even close to being mad
    Last edited by spirit; 03-28-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Softer or better? I'm going with better; I don't really consider it brutal when you're hitting the notes but it sounds like you're straining to hold it.

EDIT: I actually completely forgot about the one girl I do like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVos-yHmcgs

She has some major pipes, now that is power. But it probably helps that the band backing her is actually good.
    Last edited by NorthernChaosGod; 03-28-2011 at 03:40 AM.

That link you shared is ORGASMIC!

YEAH!!!!!!!

Anyways, thanks for chatting me up.

blackmetalismylife.jpg

Jellyfish swim by.

Seriously though, how can you say that the Shocker X chick isn't awesome?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Sorry, but shocker x vocal's are nicht so gut. Just my opinion.

Speaking of female vocal's, I think I'm the only fan I've found that's okay with Anette's vocals in Nightwish. It's been like two years now, and it still sends people into a rage.

Also this chic is still awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

Speaking of female vocal's, I think I'm the only fan I've found that's okay with Anette's vocals in Nightwish. It's been like two years now, and it still sends people into a rage.

I absolutely love when chicks sing in metal bands, I just can't stand it when they scream. I listen to Sinergy, Nightwish, Epica, etc.

So do you like Olson in Nightwish?

Well we agree to disagree, but I have to ask. If you don't like what you consider weak growlers and screamers (females), what do you think of the male vocalist in Epica? I love their music, but I think he really takes away from it sometimes. His vocals just sound weak to me.

One of the best bands posted here in a while, in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

I do like softer music , like Elysion, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Delain, and a bunch of others.

Blog Entries

So do you like Olson in Nightwish?

Well we agree to disagree, but I have to ask. If you don't like what you consider weak growlers and screamers (females), what do you think of the male vocalist in Epica? I love their music, but I think he really takes away from it sometimes. His vocals just sound weak to me.
    I find screaming in music that isn't primarily screaming based jarring to say the least. It sounds awkward in symphonic/power metal for the most part.

As for Nightwish, Dark Passion Play is one of my favorites.

Order of preference for me is probably:
    Once
    Dark Passion Play
    Oceanborn
    Century Child

I don't have Wishmaster or Angels Fall First so I don't know.

So if I read your post correctly, you like Epica, but tolerate the male vocals. I'm the same way on that one.