Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to move to....

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default I want to move to....

I really don't like oklahoma. It attacks me with it's evil humidity, heat and worst yet, pollen. So I wanna move. Eventually. I still have to go through school and stuff but I would like to move out of this state and somewhere else. I have outrageous ideas about moving to another country and stuff but i'm trying to think of somewhere realistic.

I've thought about:

Colorado, I lived in Wyoming so I'm more familiar with that state seeing as if we wanted to do any type of shopping we'd have to drive 6 hrs to Denver.

Washington, I like snow and rain and mountains and stuff.

Canada, but this will be hard because of the whole immigrant thing.

And my recent want, Alaska! I don't know why but this is really enticing to me. I want to be a teacher and comparative from here to there it's way better pay. I like colder weather, heat just ugh xP And it's away from a lot of people.

SO TELL ME! Where would you want to end up that could be a realistic possibility for you? Or where I should go possibly that's not lame and hot and full of people
    Last edited by Freya; 03-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.

There's a lot of places to shop in between Wyoming and Denver. :x

I would move to Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Miami, or Seattle if given the chance. Outside of the US, I wouldn't mind settling down somewhere in Europe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

In colorado yah. Loveland had good shopping. Otherwise we could go to montana, or South dakota or Colorado. Or Utah if you were on the other side of the state. Nothing really IN wyoming.

Ewww cali.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If you like cold places that don't have a lot of people, just pick any random village in the midwest. There's hundreds of little towns with populations under 700! Of course then you have to leave town to get groceries and there are no shops except for the local pharmacy that doubles as a video rental store and the gas station. It's kind of hard to find a place not full of people that's also not lame.

I'd like it if my boyfriend and I could move back to my hometown in Texas. It'd be nice to live with him without living in Florida at the same time! Anywhere else where it doesn't snow is nice. Snow is fun and all, but I'm a terrible driver and I'd die on ice.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Washington sounds lovely, from what I heard!

I want to stay within downstate New York. I've been away enough to know that it's the most comfortable place for me. I'd preferably like to live in Manhattan or in a cute area of Queens, but most towns in downstate NY work for me.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'd suffer living in north Cali. but I'm outdoorsy. Other than that, Cali sucks. Oregon and Washington are nice. I live in South Carolina, in the upstate, and I like it there. It would be a little hot for you.

Have you considered Asheville, NC? Nice crisp mountain weather, supposed to be friendly. Plus you're not crazy far from Atlanta, Charlotte, or the beach.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the San Francisco Bay Area. When I first moved here from LA, I was super homesick. But then I grew accustomed to it. Then I grew to love it. And now I don't know which I love more, Los Angeles or San Francisco.

I know for sure that when I settle down for good, it'll most likely be in California. I can't imagine a better place to live. But I wouldn't mind living in a bunch of different places in the mean time. I like exploring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

@sharky That's east coast! Bunch of Yankees over there!

Nah, East coast is more populated. I'ma small town girl. I don't like big metropolis cities but I don't like super mega small towns of 700. I mean for reference I consider a town of 50,000 a city. Which I'm sure a lot of you might be all "waaaah girl yous crazy"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nu Yok.

Blog Entries

I like Vermont except for winter

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Ewww cali.
    You're dead to me.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Hawaii or back to California.

I miss sun, beaches, mexican gardeners, decent concert calendars, year-round good weather and In-n-Out.

And yes, Freya, move from Oklahoma asap. Lived there for seven years. Worst state ever. I would rather lose a limb than have to live in Oklahoma for that long again.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ive always wanted to live in the Colorado Mountains...can you do that?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would wanna move some place warm year round like Hawaii or California, but then sometimes I can't handle humidity for long periods due to asthma. I would probably move in a Brownstone in Brooklyn if it's in New York. Bay Ridge is a nice area. Definitely not Manhattan if I can avoid it. I also like upstate New York, and Vermont even though the narrow dirt roads scare me. Connecticut seems nice too. Orrr Bridgewater, NJ up in the boonies where it looks like North Wales. Yeah I dunno.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I would wanna move some place warm year round like Hawaii or California, but then sometimes I can't handle humidity for long periods due to asthma.
    Southern California is pretty dry.