Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How big is your mythos?

Also Dungeons and Dragons was already mentioned. And Forgotten Realms is Dungeons and Dragons. Along with Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, and a huge multitude of other campaign settings

Mmmm.... Middle Earth.

Why does this sound like a personal question to me?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Middle-earth and Star Wars are obviously the big two. I've read all the books concerning A Song of Ice and Fire so that would probably be next for me.

Well, tGA has a pretty big mythos, spanning three vast eras. It was started by EoFFers such as Cid, Raistlin and Unne in 2000 and had later additions over the years by various other members such as Bleys, BoB, Jojo, Matthew and ShlupQuack among others. Almost 1,000 articles have been added to tGAWiki since 2009, and that's only scratching the surface considering that there are still a lot of characters, places and events waiting to be added. It's kind of funny thinking that it all began from a simple forum RP. I recall Bleys joking that tGA has a body of lore that rivals Warcraft.
    Last edited by Kossage; 03-12-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

...Yep. Looks like I'm going to spend some time on your wiki and enrich myself.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

I love the Dungeons and Dragons world. also as said star wars and middle earth. Also the multiple universes of His Dark Materials.

My Autobiography

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The world from the Wheel of Time by Jordan, likewise I would mention the huge mythos of the realm of Martin's Song of Fire and Ice.

Another honorable mention must be made to the mythos of both Warhammer fantasy and Warhammer 40k. Two completely different yet sutbtle mythos. If someone takes time to start reading black library publications which would be a very worthwhile thing I would suggest: Gaunts Ghosts saga and the spin off Double Eagle by Dan Abnett, Ravenor Trilogy by Dan Abnett, Eisenhorn Trilogy by Dan Abnett, Brothers of the Snake by Dan Abnett, Caphias Cain saga, The Horus Heresy (collected authors) Thats just 40k and there is a whole shed load of mythos. In fact the characters of Dan Abnett's work often link in to his other works, for example, In Gaunt's Ghosts during the first book the Ghosts encounter an enemy within the command structure of the Sabbat Worlds Crusade, the enemy is one Inquisitor Heldane. In Eisenhorn and the subsequent Ravenor trilogies (and presumably, in the as of yet unpublished Bequin collection) the Character of Heldane is introduced and evolved up to become the corrupted agent he is in the first Gaunts Ghosts book. There's also references to short stories and graphic novels Dan Abnett has worked on. For one man he has written some of the finest depth adding, mythos expanding works out there. Going down the Fantasy route, The Blackhearts Omnibus, Gotrek And Felix saga, Age of Legends series, Malus Darkblade and the spin off series within these main arcs spring immediately to mind, Everyone raves about the mythos of WoW and frankly the mythos surrounding either Warhammer or Wh40k literally pisses all over it. 40k goes on for over 10,000 years from the events of the Horus Heresy to the "present day" events. Though mentioning Fantasy and not 40k would be pointless since both are similar to each other in many ways but imho I feel the mythos lends itself more to 40k because of the huge time period people may choose to write about and the fact that with over a billion worlds in imperial space, let alone the ones in eldar, ork, chaos, tyrannid, necron, tau, dark eldar or any number of other races out there, there literally is the room to write anything in to it.

Warhammer 40K is probably the biggest I have made an effort to know about.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aiyon! I have two books on it!

No, really, okay. Uhm. I'm not sure. I like Middle-Earth because it's so deeply thought out.

EDIT: I'm also a very big fan of the growing mythos of James Barclay. I am not sure on the name of the world itself as it is the land is referred to by the continents named Balaia and Calaius.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!