Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFI Re-Imagined

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FFI Re-Imagined

Since SE just loves porting and remaking this game to every console they can find, have you ever wondered what it would be like if SE decided to completely remake this game into something more modern, like giving the characters personalities, writing a full-fledged story with the characters harrowing adventures and escapades and an updated battle system? You probably haven't but work with me here.

What do you think it would be like and would you play it?

Hm, this just makes me want the guys behind South Park to help Brian Clevenger create an 8-bit Theater game xD I don't think I'd be all that interested in them just fleshing it out more. I think I'd like a whole new re-imagining though

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hhhmmmm.. i think i would play it anyway... and maybe even more bcaus i Dont know FF1..
    So for me it would be a new story, and i wouldnt harm 'my feelings' about the origional.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've said for a while that I want a PS3 remake for this game. It's the original it deserves the full-blown treatment. Keep the main characters nameless though. If there is voice acting just have everyone call each other by their job names.

Again, 8-Bit Theater. Maybe the 3D.Game Hero people could develop it. They seem to know how to update nostalgia

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keep them nameles? wy? :o

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This sounds like a wonderful idea. This game has enough remakes that just update graphics and gameplay. It would be really cool to see a completely new vision of this game. I think they should do it!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm only halfway through the game but I would love this, as I've found the one thing it really, really lacks is a character-driven storyline. But since I named mine after EoFFers I can at least have a little story going in my head about it. But yeah, I'd love for a bit of light personality to be given to the characters. Not sure about a fully deep storyline on par with the later FF's, but class-driven personality at least would be nice.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Garland turning out to be one of the character's father will be cool.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't think FF needs help being a Star Wars copycat

I would love to see them just go to town on it. It'd be a whole new game. I mean, the plot might not stand up to others these days, but man it would be fun to do for a reason

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

As cool as it would be to have FF Re-Imagined into a new game, I can't help but think they would have to do so much work to it they might as well just make a new game from scratch.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I agree with Del and BoB. It didn't bother me hugely about the lack of personality amongst the player characters because it's not all that uncommon (Link from Zelda? The main character in a Pokemon game?), though I certainly think it might make the game better. Having said that, it'd be interesting to see how they'd actually make that work because presumably they'd need to give each character a back story/reason for being part of the Warriors of Light. I think VeloZer0 is right though, if they're going to put that much work in, they might as well make a new game.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Blog Entries

Well one silent character is understandable. But four silent characters? Not that much. It might have worked back then, but now it's kind of frustrating. The only reason I played this game was just for the sake of playing it. What is a FF fan who hasn't played the first game? So I had to endure the lack of characters.
    But yeah, if they're going to do it I think it would probably be something like FF3 on DS. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Since SE just loves porting and remaking this game to every console they can find, have you ever wondered what it would be like if SE decided to completely remake this game into something more modern, like giving the characters personalities, writing a full-fledged story with the characters harrowing adventures and escapades and an updated battle system? You probably haven't but work with me here.
    May as well just make a new Final Fantasy game then, either main or side title.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I really think they should do something like that, but not for ps3. maybe the 3ds or the rumored new Nintendo console, so that they can keep the light and colorful vibe of the older FF games. I would think it would be something like the FF3 remake for the ds where they created actual characters with backstories and personalities. That turned out to be very effective for FF3, and I would imagine FF1 would benefit from such a treatment even more.