Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saints Row The Third

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

fao: Sir Lonny of BoB

Saints is a sandbox game, yes, but it actually has a damned fine story beneath its core. Yes it's ridiculous, no doubting that. But in terms of revenge and people being smurfed over and whatnot, it matches GTA imho.

As an aside, I think you and Danielle would have a right smurfing laugh if you co-oped it on the PC. You can make yourselves! I think I told you me and Dan once played as the two of you. Honestly his outfit for you was deadly accurate. ...and then he pulled out the mankini!

I'd never heard of this series before, but I'm hearing good things about it here! I like GTA and apparently Saint's Row is even better. Who recommends that I buy it?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I'd never heard of this series before, but I'm hearing good things about it here! I like GTA and apparently Saint's Row is even better. Who recommends that I buy it?
    I will forgive you for such a disgrace if you were to do so. You will not regret it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I will forgive you for such a disgrace if you were to do so. You will not regret it.
    Noted. :P I will try to find a copy.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Making decisions purely for the approval of Psychotic is not part of a life I would want to live.
    He's all Steve's got
    No, for starters I have your mother, for pudding I have Quin's sisters. And for a whipping boy, there's always going to be NCG.

I'm not buying a game based on Paul's decision. I'm buying a game based on my own decision I used to enjoy GTA a lot more when it was the "ridiculous" style of 3 and it's successor cities, especially Vice. Now, the biggest issue I have with the current generation of GTA is IV got bogged down in trying to be hyper realistic in some regards whilst attempting to keep the ridiculous edge of it's earlier iterations, unfortunately going on the trailer alone V seems to be following suit. IMHO GTA IV didn't live up to expectations and neither did it ace either one of those goals. Saints 3 is in the running because as has already been put out in this thread, it is ridiculous but there is a good storyline underneath it all. Something which appeals to me, I like my ridiculous games ridiculous, not trying to decide like the cast in the first Scream movie if it is trying to be comedy or serious. movie trivia (the original Scream movie was apparently written as a comedy. It was merely the fact that the cast for some stupid reason filmed it with these "SRS" expressions and manners that it was ever taken seriously as a horror flick. Watch it again with the idea of a comedy in mind, totally changes the film)

The second option is obviously Modern Warfare 3, this is fairly simple: I like FPS games, however I prefer playing Halo multiplayer as part of a team, going lone wolf gets old quick for me in Halo, and no that isn't something to do with my skill or whatever it's simply because Halo when played as a team with some actual tactics is 10x more fun! On contrast, I often prefer going it alone in Call of Duty games since going in with most of your team near to you will merely grant the enemy the opportunity for a good multi-kill if you're surprised and relegates you to getting more assists than anything. Since we've all seemingly begun quite the long break from Halo Reach multi-player gaming I may decide to "keep with the times" and move up on to MW3 both for it's single player campaign (Veteran is a fair weeks worth of gaming maybe more on my current schedules and personal associations with certain aussies) and for it's multi-player. However it does get a bit of a "hmm but I have a shooter atm" against it in the form of my owning Gears 3 though 3rd person and 1st person for me are completely seperate.

Final solid choice? Skyrim now I'm not the worlds biggest Oblivion fan, I'm playing through it to actually "complete" the game atm which actually makes me feel like Skyrim can wait. Not to mention I got a fair few RPGs to play I haven't even begun yet. Another thing against Skyrim for me is I know come Easter/Summer next year (which going at my present rate of getting on the xbox and staying there is around when I will finally be done with the games I have in the RPG genre) there will most likely be a GOTY edition. Something which will benefit me more. This is actually the least likely of the 3 solid choices I have decided upon. Mainly because of these points, I'm eager to try it out but not eager to buy another huge RPG when I have 3 or 4 still to complete including another Elder Scrolls game. I'm not sure my fragile (SPOILER)no seriously, I vary from wanting to play to wanting to sell them all wildly at the moment, I think it is just the boredom talking interest in games atm can survive an encounter with the world of Skyrim.

Wildcard choice for the mix? Ace Combat Assault Horizon, the game is good. The game is REALLY good going by the demo. I love the dog-fighting mode, it's a great addition though I did dislike the fact that the enemies seem to eat up a crap ton more ammo when in one than they would if fired upon from a distance. Though that could be the demo settings. Helicopter levels are a little more complex and again just how many missiles could enemy helicopters eat before finally blowing out of the sky? It was worse than the survival skills of the enemy Hind's in Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran. Still this would fit my profile of gaming history, I've always been a sucker for that need for speed which is aerial dog-fighting. Therefore this is a game that sooner or later I am going to be all over like Julian locked in a room alone and with a 12 year old girl.

So yeah in this TLDR post I explained my options and why I am considering it and yeah a minor derailment perhaps of the topic of Saints 3. However this is the chance of those who would choose to game with me to attempt to sway my decision. Now if like Demondude, you've been too busy playing hackey sack with your bollocks to read this post and have skimmed past it to the last line? Enjoy the genital warts you're going to get from playing with them too much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Translation: "I'm thinking of buying Saints 3, but there are some other games I'm interested in as well, so I'm not sure yet."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Steve I give you permission to buy whatever game you want.

I retract your permission to make really long posts. Stop it. In fact, don't post in this thread again else I'll rename you to "Julian's Used Tissue".

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Steve I give you permission to buy whatever game you want.

I retract your permission to make really long posts. Stop it. In fact, don't post in this thread again else I'll rename you to "Julian's Used Tissue".
    What about me? Do I get to have a derisive nickname?

Articles

Make a post as long as Iceglow's and I might just be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Make a post as long as Iceglow's and I might just be tempted.
    I can't be arsed right now. xD But I'll keep it in mind for another thread.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesus Christ Steve.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Making decisions purely for the approval of Psychotic is not part of a life I would want to live.
    He's all Steve's got
    No, for starters I have your mother, for pudding I have Quin's sisters. And for a whipping boy, there's always going to be NCG.

I'm not buying a game based on Paul's decision. I'm buying a game based on my own decision I used to enjoy GTA a lot more when it was the "ridiculous" style of 3 and it's successor cities, especially Vice. Now, the biggest issue I have with the current generation of GTA is IV got bogged down in trying to be hyper realistic in some regards whilst attempting to keep the ridiculous edge of it's earlier iterations, unfortunately going on the trailer alone V seems to be following suit. IMHO GTA IV didn't live up to expectations and neither did it ace either one of those goals. Saints 3 is in the running because as has already been put out in this thread, it is ridiculous but there is a good storyline underneath it all. Something which appeals to me, I like my ridiculous games ridiculous, not trying to decide like the cast in the first Scream movie if it is trying to be comedy or serious. movie trivia (the original Scream movie was apparently written as a comedy. It was merely the fact that the cast for some stupid reason filmed it with these "SRS" expressions and manners that it was ever taken seriously as a horror flick. Watch it again with the idea of a comedy in mind, totally changes the film)

The second option is obviously Modern Warfare 3, this is fairly simple: I like FPS games, however I prefer playing Halo multiplayer as part of a team, going lone wolf gets old quick for me in Halo, and no that isn't something to do with my skill or whatever it's simply because Halo when played as a team with some actual tactics is 10x more fun! On contrast, I often prefer going it alone in Call of Duty games since going in with most of your team near to you will merely grant the enemy the opportunity for a good multi-kill if you're surprised and relegates you to getting more assists than anything. Since we've all seemingly begun quite the long break from Halo Reach multi-player gaming I may decide to "keep with the times" and move up on to MW3 both for it's single player campaign (Veteran is a fair weeks worth of gaming maybe more on my current schedules and personal associations with certain aussies) and for it's multi-player. However it does get a bit of a "hmm but I have a shooter atm" against it in the form of my owning Gears 3 though 3rd person and 1st person for me are completely seperate.

Final solid choice? Skyrim now I'm not the worlds biggest Oblivion fan, I'm playing through it to actually "complete" the game atm which actually makes me feel like Skyrim can wait. Not to mention I got a fair few RPGs to play I haven't even begun yet. Another thing against Skyrim for me is I know come Easter/Summer next year (which going at my present rate of getting on the xbox and staying there is around when I will finally be done with the games I have in the RPG genre) there will most likely be a GOTY edition. Something which will benefit me more. This is actually the least likely of the 3 solid choices I have decided upon. Mainly because of these points, I'm eager to try it out but not eager to buy another huge RPG when I have 3 or 4 still to complete including another Elder Scrolls game. I'm not sure my fragile (SPOILER)no seriously, I vary from wanting to play to wanting to sell them all wildly at the moment, I think it is just the boredom talking interest in games atm can survive an encounter with the world of Skyrim.

Wildcard choice for the mix? Ace Combat Assault Horizon, the game is good. The game is REALLY good going by the demo. I love the dog-fighting mode, it's a great addition though I did dislike the fact that the enemies seem to eat up a crap ton more ammo when in one than they would if fired upon from a distance. Though that could be the demo settings. Helicopter levels are a little more complex and again just how many missiles could enemy helicopters eat before finally blowing out of the sky? It was worse than the survival skills of the enemy Hind's in Call of Duty Black Ops on Veteran. Still this would fit my profile of gaming history, I've always been a sucker for that need for speed which is aerial dog-fighting. Therefore this is a game that sooner or later I am going to be all over like Julian locked in a room alone and with a 12 year old girl.

So yeah in this TLDR post I explained my options and why I am considering it and yeah a minor derailment perhaps of the topic of Saints 3. However this is the chance of those who would choose to game with me to attempt to sway my decision. Now if like Demondude, you've been too busy playing hackey sack with your bollocks to read this post and have skimmed past it to the last line? Enjoy the genital warts you're going to get from playing with them too much.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

IT IS NOW TODAY

ROLL ON ROWVEMBER 18TH

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    He's all Steve's got

Me neither, and I hate it when people don't read long posts, especially mine. ;P

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then I hope you all like genital warts from playing hackey sack with your testicles too much.

Paul, remember I know the god-forsaken town where you live....re-name me and I get on a train tomorrow and terrorize you at work.