Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Saints Row The Third

Yes, yes I do. I'm terrible with names.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Myself and Paul spent about 2.5 hours on co-op mode tonight where we basically just pissed off the cops and the gangs until they brought their best at us. This has actually resulted in some pretty cool additions to my garage: A Challenger tank, A hummer with the machine gun mounted (ahhh gotta love the army), a bear (I actually got this just prior to Paul joining me, and an Eagle (black hawk) chopper. It also ended up with much comedy whereby Paul kept strapping C4 explosives to me as I ran up to the soldiers, gangers and police and performed wrestling moves on them prior to Paul blowing me and them the smurf up. This has made me at around a quarter of the way through the game nigh on invincible.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I put on the "all peds are zombies" cheat and then annoyed a Morningstar gang operation until their buddies showed up.

Holy christ so much chaos syduck:

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't think the story had quite the impact that Saints 2's had. Saints 2 had so many powerful moments like (SPOILER)Carlos, the revenge on Jessica, Aisha, "Get up", Julius whereas The Third only really had one comparable, and that was only if you make a specific choice in an ending. (SPOILER)The one where you wreck an already broken Kilbane, Pierce phones and asks if letting Shaundi, Viola and Burt die was worth it, and the Boss doesn't say anything but lets their hand drop. I mean, there's a smurfing obvious moment at the start that they could've made into a real "OH trout" moment but smurfing hell, (SPOILER)"See you in stil-BANGBANGBANG" "Johnny?" what the smurf man. Not a worthy or awesome death at all.

Blog Entries

What I like is that although I'm only 48% of the way through, the game rewards you for doing a second play through in achievements. Sometimes games with multiple choice story lines only reward you for 1 play through even though the options can result in a completely different story line. Looking forwards to my second play through on this already. Heck the game is excellent and as I said to Paul I definitely see me scouring the PPG at work for Saints Row 2 to go with this.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't think the story had quite the impact that Saints 2's had. Saints 2 had so many powerful moments like (SPOILER)Carlos, the revenge on Jessica, Aisha, "Get up", Julius whereas The Third only really had one comparable, and that was only if you make a specific choice in an ending. (SPOILER)The one where you wreck an already broken Kilbane, Pierce phones and asks if letting Shaundi, Viola and Burt die was worth it, and the Boss doesn't say anything but lets their hand drop. I mean, there's a smurfing obvious moment at the start that they could've made into a real "OH tit" moment but smurfing hell, (SPOILER)"See you in stil-BANGBANGBANG" "Johnny?" what the smurf man. Not a worthy or awesome death at all.
    Yeah I'm honestly very disappointed by the SR3 story given how great 2's was. (SPOILER)I didn't even go for the Killbane ending, it made no sense. I had already wrecked his trout in the ring and unmasked him, something Angel specifically said was "worse than death", and now he was buggering off out of town. Miller had quit, Viola was on my side, the entire Syndicate was pretty much leaderless. And in-game Killbane hadn't even DONE much to me, just talked trout in scenes the Boss would never have heard about and then got his ass kicked. So what the smurf do I care for? Even if I do I can track him down later with Viola and not-Shaundi, it's not like Kinzie couldn't find him!

Also Zimos just disappeared and that was a crime

Blog Entries

Ok so I'm 74% of the way completed now, and I understand there's 3 chapters to the game's main story? Well I'm loving it it's bat-trout insane x1000 in terms of game play, the styling and the writing though I've only just completed the (SPOILER)first Oleg mission, where you recruit Veronica in to the Saints. Unleashing S.T.A.G. across Steelport.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What in the hell is going on here?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Steve who the hell is Veronica?

Also it's a sentient toilet with fists punching Steve. What of it?

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Steve, who the hell is Veronica?

Blog Entries

trout, sorry was shattered when I wrote that. Meant Viola xD.

Blog Entries

I completed the game last night. I got 97% completion so far guessing the 3% is upgrading my strongholds and stuff like that?