Thread: Biggest tear jerkers (possible spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Biggest tear jerkers (possible spoilers)

Considering how big the page on this topic on TV Tropes is, it goes without saying, that this series is one of those that contains very emotional moments, often enducing uncontrollable tears. (SPOILER)The ending of 358/2 Days did this to me. Xion is forgotten by everybody, any sign of her existence is erased. To top it off, Roxas... Dear God, Roxas... He forgets everything and is still not aware that in seven days he will no longer exist as himself...

So what are the greatest tear jerkers in the series for you guys?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to join you on this one, the ending to 358/2 is just tragic and despite knowing it wasn't going to end well, it still found a way to sucker punch you pretty badly.

Course the ending to BBS is no slouch either, KH must have a large list of Doomed by Canon on TV Tropes. The ending to KH1 and Sora's story in CoM were certainly bittersweet as well. Maybe this is why I couldn't get behind KH2, it broke tradition and gave us a fairy tale ending, after two games before it gave you the finger, and the two games after tore your heart out and stomped on it.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Although I do love this series, it has never been much of a tearjerker for me, I think its because of the secret endings. They kind of tell you that there will be another one and everything will be resolved.

Crisis Core, now that was a tearjerker. Every FFVII fan knew the outcome, but it was done so well that it still pulled at the heartstrings. Maybe its just me, but to get upset, someone has to die.

Yeah, same. I don't think any part of any Kingdom Hearts game has made me sad.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tearjerkers don't have to be sad. It's a generally touching moment that might make some people cry. And if Roxas', Xion' and the BBS trio's fates don't seem even a little sad to you, then you're heartless ;(

I mean, I felt for Zack, too, and I even shed a tear at the end. But the rest of the story of Crisis Core was so forced to me, that I could not get myself to appreciate it. 358/2 Days rund on the same concept, but it's implemented so much better, that by the ending the tears Just keep flowing.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I kinda got sad at the very end of the original KH when (SPOILER)Kairi is looking at those cave drawings and Sora appears and disappears and she cries but then an image of Donald Duck in a wizard outfit appeared and I realized I was being silly.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

When everyone thinks that Goofy died in II on my first playthrough.

The ending of 358/2 Days and BBS both were very strong. The final two missions themselves of days were strong too.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a tearjerker...

Spoiler for Re:codedThe final scenes of Re: coded in which Data-Sora thanks Data-Naminé as per the "Thank Naminé" note in Jiminy's Journal in Kingdom Hearts II was very well done.

Blog Entries

The first's ending of course. I cried when (SPOILER) Kairi saw what Sora had drawn at the cave, cried and completed the scribble.