Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know what zombies feel like.

Blog Entries

Default I know what zombies feel like.

Dead.

Yet I am somehow alive.

So, does anybody else go to a gym?

If so, help me remember why.
    (SPOILER)Tell me about your work out routines. I'll talk about me when my arms don't hurt every time I remember they're attached to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Oh god.

Used to a little bit but I stopped because once I was satisfied enough with the way I looked I had no other reason to try, and it's all really boring to me anyway. I'll go running like, once every two weeks if I can be arsed.

Don't go.

I'm joining the college gym when I get back. I don't know what routine I'm going to use but I'm guessing it will be starting strength or one of the myriad modified starting strength programs out there.

I'm weak and skinny and haven't worked out to any degree before but I'm looking forward to it.

I get really paranoid in gyms. I'm one of those people that think everyone is watching me work out.
    I liked the fitTV network, but now since Oprah insisted on having her own network fitTV got booted and had to merge with Discovery Health. Now it's Discovery Fit and Health. Anyways from time to time the work outs come on. Gilad's Bodies in Motion is an awesome work out. So is Namaste Yoga.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh at first I thought we had a case of cannibalism on our hands.

I try to go to the gym three times a week. Once to work on my upper body and cardio, once for just cardio and once for lower body and cardio. The cardio is usually about a half hour to 40 minutes on a stationary bike or treadmill, something to get my heart-rate up and the sweat going. If I can't make it, I make sure to at least exercise every day, playing pick-up games of basketball or soccer at the local parks, go for walks and the like. It also helps that I spend a lot of time in NYC since walking is the easiest option of travel there as well.

For the first few weeks of this regiment I would wake up sore as all hell, but my body has adjusted and now it's just a mild pain in the morning.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm with DD. I keep fit by drumming, playing basketball, working etc. I don't think I'll ever subscribe to that whole gym mentality.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I practically live at my gym these days. I'm there four days a week for two to two and a half hours a day.

Right now I'm doing a split of chest/back/upper legs and then arms/shoulders/core/calves. Apparently I needed bigger calves and arms.

I work out regularly but I never go to the gym. At first it was because I couldn't deal with the shame of lifting tiny weights next to people lifting stuff equivalent to my entire body weight. Now its because I see it as a waste of time. You don't need gym equipment to have a good body. Just a decent pair of dumbbells is enough. Even cardio exercises can be done at home.

As of right now I have a pretty good body. One of those things that comes out as incredibly arrogant but I honestly feel its true. I am quite tall and have very lean muscle. My body fat is about the same as an athletes. My diet probably contributes to that. Lots of protein, lots of fruit and lots of water.

If you saw me on the street you would probably think I was a bit of a twat. Fair enough I say. Anyone that works out is a bit of a knob. Guys only work out for two reasons; for girls and to push people around. But then again girls only diet and put makeup on for the guys so everyone is a bad as each other. But we don't admit that.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I can't do gyms. It's the people. Muscleheads, hate 'em! Besides that, I have all the facilities I need to do what I need to do at home. And it's free. smurf paying people, I need my money for food.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Firstly, in b4 PG

Secondly, I don't do gyms or any sort of structured workout. Partially because I move around enough at work that it seems to keep me on the small end of the spectrum, and partially because due to a heart defect I can't do strenuous exercise for a prolonged period of time or my heart rate jumps up to something insanely dangerous. Yay for having an excuse to sit around and be a neckbeard! (Well, the female equivalent of one, anyway.)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to work out all the time. Yoga, bicycling, Jillian Michael's videos, or swimming. Right now I swim a few days a week, but I don't like being hot so that's about it for me. Once the weather cools down I'll get back in it. I like working out 'cause then I get to eat more!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Just a decent pair of dumbbells is enough.
    wat

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    wat
    Not all of us need bigger calves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    wat
    Not all of us need bigger calves.
    But everyone should squat and deadlift.