Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should FF1-6 be made into films.

The games would not translate well to the movie media. They would work better as television shows or a miniseries. There are too many bosses, in any FF game, to forge into an effective movie without cutting too much.

Take FFI. Even if you minimize the dungeons, take a look at how much is left in the game that you would have to address. The inital battle against Garland and the building of the Cornelia Bridge could be an entire episode of television itself. You would still have Astos, Bikke, Matoya, the Four Fiends, Bahamut... Each of which has their own story and buildup.

Trying to put them all into a single movie would either involve cutting a lot, or have it be a bunch of disconnected and nonsensical boss fights, which would wind up oversaturating the movie to the point that you lose interest.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I once had a Final Fantasy VII script in the works and I had to cut a lot of the story. One example is that Cloud wouldn't face the Guard Scorpion till much later and the Air Buster had been completely removed. Some dumber things were scrapped like the Chocobo Ranch and distractions like Fort Condor and the Chocobo Race for the group's freedom from Gold Saucer. The WEAPON count was reduced to Sapphire and Diamond and the battles involving Ultima and the events surrounding Cloud's catatonia were scrapped... yeah.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I mean if you want an example of a series that translated a computer game into a serial format well, look no further than the Pokemon anime. It wasn't the best quality thing in the world, but I think it translated an RPG game into a serial relatively well. I think, as Mercen-X said, you'd have to cut far too much out of a film that it'd be almost unrecognisable or would just serve to disappoint (I'm sure, for example, most Harry Potter fans can point to bits from the books that were changed/removed that irked them).
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think X could work for a film just fine without losing much.

I really hope they don't.
    Nothing good has happened when videogames meet Hollywood.

Holy Spell!
    XIII should never have been made into a game. I'm pretty sure they could successfully remake XIII into a movie and nobody would give a spell.

W-EXTRA SPECIAL EDITATION:
    SPYLER ALERT WARNING CAUTION
    (SPOILER)FYEOI::: Oh! The heresy... I'm doing it again. I've started playing FF7 again and I've been transcribing it onto my computer in movie format. I've divided it into a four part series like Twilight. I've rearranged the order in which certain main characters are met and deleted certain "moments" from the story. I've been choreographing actual battles for the confrontations. I've completed a draft of the first part of the story, but I forgot to bring it.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-09-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I would love seeing a film with a good series and several FF characters showing up.

The problem is they wouldn't consider who would work into the storyline the best, but show the most famous ones. Cloud would show up, even if it was about baking strawberry cakes. He'd omnislash it and have Quina lick the cream from his face

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The best choice would be FF1, but I dont want to see my fav FF game turned into a movie so I hope it never happens..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

You can hope until your ear bleeds, but you can't stop Hollywood without a nuclear deterrent. Final Fantasy will become a movie. But it's up to us to decide which one they'll release next. With the technological era we're in, we have to decide which movie Hollywood is most likely to be able to depict properly (or as close to as Hollywood can) and progress them slowly toward our favorite Fantasy to make sure it gets the absolute best treatment.

So, the real question isn't which Fantasy will be made into film, it's which one do you want at this stage because you won't be too disappointed if they don't do it perfectly. Again! They're going to do it. You can't stop them. You're just an insect... with a voice... among thousands of insects... echoing into the nightmares of the film industry.

FF4, 6, and 7 would all make decent mini-series, though I think 6 is the best bet because of the steampunk feel will make it stand out (but that is my personal bias! ).

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Spirit within, hmmm....

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I would watch any of them, but I think they'd be better served as an animated series.