Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elections Round 2

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

Default Elections Round 2

"Hang on, that banner is familiar...Yeah well stop your bitching."

Welcome to Round 2! I trust you are all enjoying yourselves so far, hmm? Freya and her princesses are looking quite divine, you should check them out if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, not every party was able to garner the support they needed to advance into this next stage. Two parties have perished, their dreams vanished along with it. But never fear, the elections are not over yet, and anything could happen!

The remaining parties are (in no particular order):
    • The Newbie Party
    • The Princess Party
    • The Poké Party
    • The Cactuar/Hemp Taco Party
    • The Justice League of the Internet Unlimited
    • The 501st Legion

These six parties are all vying for your votes. But first, we need to give them a task so they can earn those votes.

Parties! You must designate the following positions to your members:
    • Minister for the Arts
    • Minister of Communication
    • Minister for Foreign Affairs
    • Treasurer

No member can have any more than one (1) of these portfolios. All parties have at least four members, so each party can easily meet this requirement.

In addition to this, the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister candidates must also be nominated. These members can also have one of the four (4) afore mentioned portfolios. If you guys mess this one up, I will flay you. It is important you have all these positions worked out quickly, because....

The Minister of the Arts for each of the parties have to tell us "Which Final Fantasy character is best and why?" There are no regulations for this. You may write an essay, a poem, record a video, do some art, whatever you think will win you the most votes. Make it interesting though, or I'll laugh at you!

The Minister for Communication of each party has an important job in this round too. Your role is to run an effective smear campaign against the other parties and party leaders and/or members. Note: Keep it within forum rules, you dolts. Otherwise, go wild. There is no limit on this, but the better you smear, the more votes you will get!

You will have 36 hours to perform all of these tasks. The Minister for the Arts should Mognet Message me their creation, while the Minister for Communication can start wailing on his/her opponents effective immediately.

All members are permitted to support their Ministers. Discuss your tactics in your party thread, preferably, that way we can all comment on how grand/stupid your ideas are in the nicest possible way.

Phew, see you in 36 hours!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That banner is familiar. Still good though

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I swear to god, you make one banner and it just gets exploited. It's the best thing I've ever made though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aw man, writing and fighting. My two favorite things in the world!

Blog Entries

Whoa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Treasurer get to do nothing? They sound like cushy jobs to me.

Glad to see most parties make it this far. It will make victory all the sweeter.

I defected to the Star Wars party by the way.

Go go Team Enterprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Lynx View Post
    Whoa, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Treasurer get to do nothing? They sound like cushy jobs to me.
    For now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarda View Post
    I defected to the Star Wars party by the way.
    No. You informed Election Booth of your allegiance to the Princess Party. The first round is over, you must remain with your party or retire.

Blog Entries

Burn.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ugh. And he only joined to make sure her party would stay in the race. Someone change his name, he's not worthy of it!

lol sorry eric! I'm a princess for now and forever~

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

hehehe

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Princesses are worthless without the prince.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

36 hours!? How are we meant to have a conversation with people around the world in that short a space of time? This will be awkward, particularly given that various positions must be allocated to people without knowing what kind of task they may receive going forward. Hmmm.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Delegation is a key strength of any Prime Ministerial candidate. Pick your cabinet members and have them work; these tasks are not too strenuous!

But I suppose if two-thirds of the parties agree to an extended time frame, I will give an extra 12 hours. Democracy is fun!
    Last edited by Election Booth; 03-15-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

At least 48 hours would be super-ideal. Honestly, I don't really mind that much, it's a challenge! I'm just hoping to give the newer members to EoFF more of a chance to sit back and understand what's going on before they are rushed into a position. Considering some of the members in my party are very new and are thus a little confused by some of the things going on with the elections, this would also make the election more newbie-friendly, something I think everyone should get behind!

On a sidenote, what happens if someone is unavailable during their task since we don't know when the future tasks are due to go ahead? Can we change the cabinet positions at that point if need be?

EDIT: I just realised that there is now 36 hours to not only get the positions sorted but also to get the articles in and for the smear campaign to go ahead. For some reason I was under the impression the original 36 hours was just for the positions to be decided. I think it would be better for something like this - 36 hours to get the positions sorted, then an additional 24 hours to get the other stuff done. This allows for more time, and subsequently, more creativity. Basically, I need to get enough time for people to let me know what they are interested in, for me to confirm who is what, and then for them to do their thing (should they have a task to do).

EDIT: I also just realised you posted this right after I went to bed so I'm already 12 hours behind and am thus limited to a mere 24 hours! Grr. >=(
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!