Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Best Job Combinations?

Default Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Best Job Combinations?

I was wondering what are the best job combination in final fantasy tactics advance. I know some great job combination, but i want to know more.

hume:
    Paladin/hunter
    hunter/paladin
    blue mage/illusionist

viera:
    assassin/red mage
    assassin/summoner
    red mage/summoner

nu:
    time/black mage
    morpher/??

bangaa:
    templar/gladiator
    templar/dragoon -i dont know about this combination. I dont even know if its good

moogle:
    juggler/thief
    mog knight/gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Jeymz View Post
    I was wondering what are the best job combination in final fantasy tactics advance. I know some great job combination, but i want to know more.

hume:
    Paladin/hunter
    An example of the most basic, yet most common, job combos in the game. Combining a class with generally lackluster abilities but excellent equipment with the abilities from a highly useful, but not as well geared class. The Paladin is excellent for Humes since they get Knightswords and Heavy Armor. Unfortunately, they have fairly poor offensive stats when levelling, so they are best used as an endgame class.

hunter/paladin
    Not really worth it. The Paladin only has one ability useful on this set, and that is Holy Blade, which is easily outclassed by Sidewinder and Ultima. Humes don't really have a lot of abilities that pair well with range, so if you had to choose a combo, go with Hunter/Archer.

blue mage/illusionist
    Blue Mage pairs with just about anything (except Hunter) fairly well. They have one of the best ability lineups in the game, and in terms of damage and survivability they have the potential to slaughter everyone, including the Viera. Blue Mage/Illusionist isn't a bad setup (though it pales compared to how good it became in FFTA2 when Magic Frenzy came along), but it isn't ideal. If you are using Illusionist aabilities for the huge area, you probably aren't taking full advantage of the Blue Mage skillset. I would pair it more closely to a close combat class, and use the Blue Mage abilities for added power and flexibility.

viera:
    assassin/red mage
    assassin/summoner
    If you are going to pair Assassin with a spell caster ability set, it is mostly to gain access to AOE spells. In which case, stick with Summoner, since it still gets healing and damage, and has a larger range.

But, honestly, I've found the best Assassin combo (and one of the best combos in the game) is Assassin/Sniper. You get access to Conceal, which works wonders with the lower accuracy moves like Rockseal and Last Breath. You also get Beso Toxico, which replaces your standard attack and negates that annoying Reflex ability. And of course Assassins are brilliant in general, with Greatbows and Ultima Masher.

red mage/summoner
    Awesome combo. Dual cast and summons lets you do damage and heal at the same time. You also get decent equipment and good enough MP growth that you should be able to keep up the casting as long as you need.

nu:
    time/black mage
    Most of the Nu Mou combos work fairly well with each other in any combination. Time Mage, Black Mage, Sage, White Mage, Alchemist. Combine them in any combo and you will have a pretty good Nu Mou. Don't use Beastmasters unless you are facing monsters, of course.

morpher/??
    Morphers are a little odd. Due to their unique setup, they don't have a huge ability to fuse smoothly with other classes. The most important bit is their support ability, which should undoubtedly be Geomancy. With the Flan in your monster bank and built up towards max stats, their version of Black Magic slaughters everything. For a second A-Ability set, pick up Alchemist, White Mage, or Sage. For healing potential.

bangaa:
    templar/gladiator
    templar/dragoon -i dont know about this combination. I dont even know if its good
    Templar are the ideal equipment class of the Bangaa, wielding Heavy Armor and Knightswords. They are also the only class in the game that can wield more than two of the ultimate pieces of equipment at a time, due to their ability to wear hats.

Gladiator is the most common combo for it, giving the elemental spellswords and Ultima Sword (and if you combine Ultima Sword with a Templar's Spears, it can hit two enemies at once). Dragoon works well, as does Bishop, but when you have the Templar/Gladiator combo, they are a bit unnecessary.

moogle:
    juggler/thief
    Ah, Jugglers. So small, so deadly. Between Knife, Smile, and Ring Toss, they are some of the best manipulators in the game. No MP spells that inflict Disable, Stop, Berserk... And, of course, they can give a free turn to your slower heavy hitters. Brilliant little guys, all on their own. And Thief pairs well, so you can rob blind the people you Stop.

mog knight/gunner
    You got this one backwards. It's Gunner/Mog Knight. Usually, I recommend going for the heavy armor, but for the Moogles, you want to take advantage of that enormous range, and snipe characters from the other side of the battlefield with Ultima Charge. Stopshot and Charmshot are also awesome, and the elemental shots can be handy on occassion, but, really, you can wipe the enemy out before they get started with Ultima Charge, so as long as you can hang on to enough of your MP, that is all you need.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    hunter/paladin
    Not really worth it. The Paladin only has one ability useful on this set, and that is Holy Blade, which is easily outclassed by Sidewinder and Ultima. Humes don't really have a lot of abilities that pair well with range, so if you had to choose a combo, go with Hunter/Archer.
    This is probably just my own personal preference speaking, as well as my memories (it's been a while), but I found it a very good combo, myself, but only postgame, though. My Paladin Marche + Excalibur 2 + Sonic Boom was an absolute monster, and I rarely found myself using anything else, especially given Sonic Boom's area damage + range, and Excalibur 2's insane power. I'm not an expert at FFTA, and I never exploited abilities, stats and combos very well, but I think Sonic Boom + Excalibur might be one of the easiest to achieve and highest damage dealing moves in the game (plus, it can level multiple targets at once). Sadly, it's after you beat the game.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    hunter/paladin
    This is probably just my own personal preference speaking, as well as my memories (it's been a while), but I found it a very good combo, myself, but only postgame, though. My Paladin Marche + Excalibur 2 + Sonic Boom was an absolute monster, and I rarely found myself using anything else, especially given Sonic Boom's area damage + range, and Excalibur 2's insane power. I'm not an expert at FFTA, and I never exploited abilities, stats and combos very well, but I think Sonic Boom + Excalibur might be one of the easiest to achieve and highest damage dealing moves in the game (plus, it can level multiple targets at once). Sadly, it's after you beat the game.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
    That is Paladin/Hunter, not Hunter/Paladin. The Paladin/Hunter is a great set for endgame, as I explained above, giving ranged attacks, area attacks, and Ultima to a character with Knightswords and Heavy Armor.

But the Paladin abilities are mostly very poor, and don't work at all well as a secondary set for Hunters.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Aah, my mistake. My apologies. Yes, aside from some status-curing Nurse, a Hunter would be nothing with a Paladin's ability set. Though they could benefit from that reduced-damage attack when it comes to weakening monsters for capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeymz View Post

hume:
    Paladin/hunter
    An example of the most basic, yet most common, job combos in the game. Combining a class with generally lackluster abilities but excellent equipment with the abilities from a highly useful, but not as well geared class. The Paladin is excellent for Humes since they get Knightswords and Heavy Armor. Unfortunately, they have fairly poor offensive stats when levelling, so they are best used as an endgame class.

hunter/paladin

blue mage/illusionist
    Blue Mage pairs with just about anything (except Hunter) fairly well. They have one of the best ability lineups in the game, and in terms of damage and survivability they have the potential to slaughter everyone, including the Viera. Blue Mage/Illusionist isn't a bad setup (though it pales compared to how good it became in FFTA2 when Magic Frenzy came along), but it isn't ideal. If you are using Illusionist aabilities for the huge area, you probably aren't taking full advantage of the Blue Mage skillset. I would pair it more closely to a close combat class, and use the Blue Mage abilities for added power and flexibility.

viera:
    assassin/red mage
    assassin/summoner
    If you are going to pair Assassin with a spell caster ability set, it is mostly to gain access to AOE spells. In which case, stick with Summoner, since it still gets healing and damage, and has a larger range.

But, honestly, I've found the best Assassin combo (and one of the best combos in the game) is Assassin/Sniper. You get access to Conceal, which works wonders with the lower accuracy moves like Rockseal and Last Breath. You also get Beso Toxico, which replaces your standard attack and negates that annoying Reflex ability. And of course Assassins are brilliant in general, with Greatbows and Ultima Masher.

red mage/summoner
    Awesome combo. Dual cast and summons lets you do damage and heal at the same time. You also get decent equipment and good enough MP growth that you should be able to keep up the casting as long as you need.

nu:
    time/black mage
    Most of the Nu Mou combos work fairly well with each other in any combination. Time Mage, Black Mage, Sage, White Mage, Alchemist. Combine them in any combo and you will have a pretty good Nu Mou. Don't use Beastmasters unless you are facing monsters, of course.

morpher/??
    Morphers are a little odd. Due to their unique setup, they don't have a huge ability to fuse smoothly with other classes. The most important bit is their support ability, which should undoubtedly be Geomancy. With the Flan in your monster bank and built up towards max stats, their version of Black Magic slaughters everything. For a second A-Ability set, pick up Alchemist, White Mage, or Sage. For healing potential.

bangaa:
    templar/gladiator
    Templar are the ideal equipment class of the Bangaa, wielding Heavy Armor and Knightswords. They are also the only class in the game that can wield more than two of the ultimate pieces of equipment at a time, due to their ability to wear hats.

Gladiator is the most common combo for it, giving the elemental spellswords and Ultima Sword (and if you combine Ultima Sword with a Templar's Spears, it can hit two enemies at once). Dragoon works well, as does Bishop, but when you have the Templar/Gladiator combo, they are a bit unnecessary.

moogle:
    juggler/thief
    Ah, Jugglers. So small, so deadly. Between Knife, Smile, and Ring Toss, they are some of the best manipulators in the game. No MP spells that inflict Disable, Stop, Berserk... And, of course, they can give a free turn to your slower heavy hitters. Brilliant little guys, all on their own. And Thief pairs well, so you can rob blind the people you Stop.

mog knight/gunner
    You got this one backwards. It's Gunner/Mog Knight. Usually, I recommend going for the heavy armor, but for the Moogles, you want to take advantage of that enormous range, and snipe characters from the other side of the battlefield with Ultima Charge. Stopshot and Charmshot are also awesome, and the elemental shots can be handy on occassion, but, really, you can wipe the enemy out before they get started with Ultima Charge, so as long as you can hang on to enough of your MP, that is all you need.

you know i was reading this post and thought, pretty decent description.

then i looked at the username and i was like. "duh, who else"

nice to see you still hang around here though.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least on A2 my favorite combos consist of
    ~Viera: redmage (doublecast) summoner for a support class that can pack a punch
    ~Hume: dualwielding paladin with seer for magic frenzy, doublehitting on mobs is amazing (not to mention range attacks on a tank!)
    ~Gria: Hunter with tank ability mixed with ravager or raptor (geos fun but not to fantastic) Hell Gria is an amazing race to begin with but hunter on a gria with sneak attack? Phew that's broken on a flier
    Also one of my favorites
    ~Hume: Dualwield illusionist mixed with seer for magic frenzy. Hits everyone with the typical illusionist attack BUT since I use magic frenzy I proceed to attack everyone twice with my staves. I also typically run a cannoneer alongside a time mage or two for mp shell and quickens.
    I typically run parties of 3-5 people so I stick with my favorites. I go for variety in postgame

For pure funzies:
    ~doubleshield master monk baanga: I love this class just because it's such a fun one to play as with broken avoid. (the damage is quite fair too)
    ~Lightning rod anything: Used as a support for my mages to hit things out-of-range and a distraction to keep my squishy characters safe.
    Also assassin/sniper combo is quite nice but I typically stick with vieras as my mages/support classes

~I may have forgotten some due to the fact that I haven't played this game in ages... after a while breaking the game and smacking it's mentally-disabled ai in the face gets a tad old. Also I realize that this is for advance but hey... A2 is similar
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy