Thread: Dr. Odine and the Ward card

Default Dr. Odine and the Ward card

The Ward card is won from Dr. Odine but I've been playing against Odine for about 30 minutes. Does he only carry it in a specific place? Like, can you only win it when you first get to Esthar in the Presidential Palace? Because I'm playing in Odine's Lab right before you have to hitch a ride on Lunatic Pandora.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You have to be on disc 3.

I am. Right before the party has to run around and meet Lunatic Pandora at one of the contact points.

Contributions

So it's not showing up in any match?

You may want to try making a backup save, advance the plot and try again later on the same disc.

Yeah, I've played at least 15 hands, and Ward hasn't turned up once.

Edit: Oh, damn, It turns out I was challenging Odine's stupid assistant by mistake; the dude stands RIGHT next to Odine. I wonder why I didn't catch on when he said "Would you like to play cards?" as opposed to Odine's "You vant to play cards?" :rolleyes:

Edit 2: I now have the Ward card. Haha, thanks.

Contributions

Oh good. I was wondering if you had a glitch or something.

Collect them all.

No glitches; it's the PSN's downloaded version. ...in addition to the other 2 hard copies of the game I own.

And definitely - gotta catch 'em all, at least in this playthrough anyway. (The QoC sidequest, however, is a monumental pain. I messed up and now she's in Esthar. It also doesn't help that I am super foggy on the abolition/spreading of rules. )

Contributions

Generally go to a place with a rule you like then go to a place you want to spread it to. Usually the opponent will suggest playing with a mix of both rules. After a few rounds one of the rules is randomly discarded. With luck, it'll be the one you wanted to get rid of.

I dislike Same and Wall but I can still win enough times for it to not to be a game breaker. I hate Random, so that's the one I try to get rid of.

On a side note once you get a card type, it adds toward the completion % regardless of whether it remains in your inventory. You can refine and win replacement rare cards from the CQ on disc 4. I'm a hoarder, so I usually only refine rare cards when on disc 4.

Oh, okay.

I screwed up. Balamb, instead of only boasting the Open rule, now has...no rules at all. How do I get Open back to Balamb? I'm in FH right now, and the rules are Sudden Death, Elemental, and Open. So how would I spread only the Open rule from there? (I actually don't mind the Sudden Death and Elemental rules; I can work around those but Same/Plus is my nightmare, along with Random, but more so Same/Plus.)

Edit: Through some luck and TONS of soft resets, I managed to manipulate the rules by mixing Balamb's no rules with the rules of Centra, so I was able to abolish Plus from the region (and got the Edea card too). Subsequently, I went to Trabia, where the Queen was after Esthar. I mixed Centra with Trabia, abolished Random, and then I was able to get the Queen back to Dollet and legitimately start the sidequest. Dollet, when I got there, didn't have the Random rule, probably due to something I fooled with earlier on Disc 2.

Long story short, I got lucky; I finished the QoC sidequest this morning (and thus the Chocobo sidequest, which I previously had never done). Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Hambone; 03-20-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Contributions

Great job! Soft Reset is your friend in Triple Triad.

I'm happy to help.