Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this game awesome?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Like many who have played this game before, I found it a little lack lustre on my first play through, but now I am playing it again I find myself have a great time, especially with the sky pirates den, my goal is to fill it out and let me tell you each time I get a new figure in my Den I find myself getting more and more into the game, if anything the Sky Pirates Den is the most awesome feature I have experienced in any of the final fantasy series, its really worth getting it just for this feature and it compelled me further into the game.

In short, get it, fill the SPD.

I liked it. The graphics are beautiful, very Vagrant Story's style, the music is great, the plot is rich and interesting and complicated and the system is so advanced it doesn't even need you to play
    But the characters suck... well, except Bash and Ashe.

XII is brilliant imo. I put in 200+ hours into it... It has a ton of content and absolutely, brilliantly amazing fantasy zones. The world is breathtaking.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

It has a huge world to explore and lots of side-quests etc. I for one loved it

With how great the majority of the game was, I had plenty of space wherein to nitpick. Is there a gambit in the game that allows your character to do something more useful when they run out of MP and you don't want them to physically attack something? Maybe there's a "Self : MP less than x" Gambit I have yet to find because all of the useful ones are hidden in chests and coffers instead of being readily available at a shop even near the end of the whole game.

Chests & Coffers: Random, I can understand... but can't they offer more substantial rewards when you're exploring later and more dangerous areas? Why am I cursed to get Hi-Potions and 8 Gil in an area where nearly every enemy causes 2000-3000 damage a hit? Also, why is the Diamond Armlet useless? Who in their right mind considers the Knot of Rust to be a superior item?

Still, it's an awesome experience.

Yes. It is Awesome. And then some.

Blog Entries

I somewhat liked it back in '06 but bought it again and tried to play it last year and wondered how I got 30-some hours into the game with how slow and boring it is.

The battle system makes me cringe and frankly the only characters I can tolerate are Fran, Balthier, and Basch.

The story barely exists if you ask me.

But if you can get the game for real cheap (I saw a copy today at Play It for 2.90) then go for it.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Cool

i was devastaed when i played it the opening intro was weak compared to FF10 not much of a plot either never really gained a rapour with the characters but most of all the battle system the ATB system was the best without it it didnt seem like a FF just my opinium though

Oh! And the game is worth money... maybe buy it on discount. I own the box edition. I'd be playing it now if I wasn't busy writing.