View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have played FFXIV and have no intention of playing it again.

1 5.00%
  • I have played FFXIV and am not playing now but intend on playing again once the game improves.

4 20.00%
  • I have played FFXIV and am not playing now but intend on playing it again when I have more time.

0 0%
  • I am playing FFXIV.

2 10.00%
  • I have not played FFXIV as I am waiting for the game to improve.

0 0%
  • I have not played FFXIV as I am waiting for the game to be released on PS3.

3 15.00%
  • I have not played FFXIV and I do not have a PS3 or a PC capable of playing the game.

6 30.00%
  • I have not played FFXIV and have no intention of playing FFXIV, even if I do/will have a capable PC/PS3.

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you played? Will you play?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Have you played? Will you play?

Update poll.

EDIT: And when I say 'playing' I don't mean hardcore. You can be playing it two or three times a month but so long as you intend on playing again in the next week or so then to me that means you're still playing. I would have added an 'other' option but I'm sure you guys can explain in posts if you don't find a fitting option on the poll.

Oh, and yes, I know the servers are down so you technically can't play at the moment... but just put that aside and imagine this poll was set up just before the servers were taken down.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Jeremy bought it just yesterday, actually, and we plan to try it out on the new computer when we can.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't have the money or proper equipment at the moment, but I'm interested in playing this someday. Or I may play FFXI instead. Once I'm able to play FFXIV I'll compare it's current state to FFXI and see which one is more to my liking.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've learned the hard way with FFXI that MMO's are just not my thing. So I will not partake of this game anytime soon if ever.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was interested at first. Then I heard of all the stuff that's been messed up with it and have lost interest. Unless they really some how revamp it, I doubt I'll play. Plus I don't have the proper equipment.

EDIT: Why's there no "I have not played and am not interested in playing" option :/ BIAS

Have played, but waiting for it to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I've learned the hard way with FFXI that MMO's are just not my thing. So I will not partake of this game anytime soon if ever.
    FFXI is not a very good indication of the general MMO market. It's a very different design. If that means anything to you.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never been big on multi-player games so the human social element side of MMO's don't interest me in the slightest which is basically the main appeal of the genre. I actually like XI but in order to get anywhere, I need to rely on other players and I have no interest in doing so, which makes the genre not work for me. XI is a great game with a pretty nice community, it's my own idiosyncrasies that make it not mesh well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    EDIT: Why's there no "I have not played and am not interested in playing" option :/ BIAS
    Ahahaha. Whoops. Fixed.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default My soul is black.

Is it awful that I think that the earthquake is probably the best thing that could have possibly happened to Square Enix at this time? Obviously the event itself was horrendous and grossly unfortunate, but look at it this way. Square Enix has closed down their servers as part of the energy conservation efforts. This will likely persist for quite some time (their estimates are constantly... optimistic, I think). This gives them time to continue to develop content without people playing. It's giving them a lot more breathing room, and I imagine either larger patches than were originally planned or a few more frequently.

Perhaps a boom of content. They're fools if they don't take advantage.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Is it awful that I think that the earthquake is probably the best thing that could have possibly happened to Square Enix at this time?
    Yes, it is awful, and disgusting.

I love you.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Is it awful that I think that the earthquake is probably the best thing that could have possibly happened to Square Enix at this time? Obviously the event itself was horrendous and grossly unfortunate, but look at it this way. Square Enix has closed down their servers as part of the energy conservation efforts. This will likely persist for quite some time (their estimates are constantly... optimistic, I think). This gives them time to continue to develop content without people playing. It's giving them a lot more breathing room, and I imagine either larger patches than were originally planned or a few more frequently.

Perhaps a boom of content. They're fools if they don't take advantage.
    Considering a few of them had family in affected areas, they may be down in manpower. Likewise they will be lacking power in general as the government have called for companies such as SE to cut back on power (hence I believe at least one other major MMO is also down for the time being). I don't think they will have any additional time or enthusiasm at the moment to get things improved. I mean, do you think business-as-usual productivity improved in New York on9/11? Louisiana when Katrina hit? It'll be the same in Japan. People will not be running around thinking "this is the time to shine in MMO land!", they will be too busy being heavily concerned about their fellow countrymen, perhaps starting late/leaving early so that power usage is lower than normal and/or to allow for people to help with relief efforts. Also, those with loved ones in affected areas will be spending a lot of time off right now.

I don't think there will be an improvement to the schedule or to quality because of the disaster. It's already been stated that they are pushing things back by about two weeks or so for patching.

Despite that, I don't think you're a terrible person for thinking it.

I had an interest in it when the game was first announced, but when they began to release more details, my interest began to wane. Now I have absolutely no interest or intention of every playing this game, regardless of any future updates they make.

MMOs are typically a letdown.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was super excited about the game, and now I'm not even sure if I would play the game, even with all the fixes and patches.

We'll see. Maybe they'll change the game enough so that it's awesome and fun and I'll change my mind.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I am playing now, but will quit if the game isn't significantly better when they start charging money for it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Jeremy bought it just yesterday, actually, and we plan to try it out on the new computer when we can.
    We're going to start a character as soon as the servers go back up. How do we get on your server, BoB?