Thread: Best places to grind.

Default Best places to grind.

I have just finished Draklor Lab and I am currently at ERruyt village, heading to the Feywood. I am serousley under leveled and getting owned by Deadly Nightshades (Rogue Tomato like things) in the Feywood. My levels are 32-35 and I only narrowley beat the Draklor boss with 1 or 2 hits before I would of died. I spent at least 6 hours grinding in the lab only to raise each charecter 1 level and 2 for Basch.

I need a place where there are decent amounts of exp (800 exp+) per battle, because it is 20000 points to the next level for each charecter so I will be grinding forever with the areas I know which only give between 300-500 exp. I have plenty of teleport stones so I can go pretty much anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

PS do you get more exp for hunts/marks as I have only done 2 so far.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In Old Archades (the slum part of town where you first met Jules) there is a salesman who sells Embroidered Tippet which gives you double XP. On the Phon Coast, you have a salesman who sells Firefly accessories which make the wearer have 0 XP. Give the ET to who you want to level and the Firefly to his two allies. Your best bet for leveling will probably be either the Phon Coast or more likely the Tchitia Uplands and Cerobi Steepe (Use a chocobo to get here faster) there are some pretty good items in both areas and you'll get quick access to Balfoheim which is a beautiful port city that features some of the games better items. Once you gain some levels, go to Nabrudis to get some levels as well.

Yes, you get better XP and gil from Hunts, you may want to catch up on some of them. Also, you could try to acquire some of the espers as well. Adrammelch is probably useless to you now but, Cuchulain and Exodus should still be useful.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default Pro-tip: Abuse the gambit system.

In the bowels of the Stilshrine of Miriam, there's a rare enemy that will occasionally spawn named Negalmuur. You have to first kill all enemies in the area called "Ward of the Sword King." Wait 30 minutes and then re-enter the area; Negalmuur will spawn in the T-shaped hallway. Negalmuur spawns an infinite number of ghasts, which will be your target.

Set up your party's gambits as follows:

Self - Haste
    Ally: HP < 70% - Cura
    Ally: Any - Raise
    Ally: Any - Esuna
    Ally: Party Leader - Remedy
    Foe: HP < 3,000 - Attack
    Self - Charge (Optional: Self: MP < 10% - Charge)

Character 2:

Self - Haste
    Self - Decoy

Character 3:

Self - Haste
    Self - Decoy

You will need a pretty decent supply on remedies to counter the doom status effect, but esuna will take care of everything else. The ghasts he spawns have under 3,000 HP, so your party will only target them as Negalmuur has over 18,000 HP. Let this run while you go watch TV or something.

Decoy isn't really necessary. It will just make things go smoothly as it will increase the likelihood that your party leader stays alive (thus not pausing the game and forcing you to pick another character). Beyond a certain point, you won't really need to worry about dying anyway. The longer you do it, the safer it becomes. You might want to do some baby-sitting until your characters reach the upper 30's or early 40's. Being up-to-date on equipment also helps.

Thanks for the tips guys. They have came in very handy, I've never seen so much gil/exp in FF12.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Doom shouldn't be a problem if you set your battle speed up all the way and have all of the Channeling licenses (or whatever it was that increases speed). The loop depends on the party leader being revived before the game forces you to choose a new one. You can just set it up and go to bed for the night, provided you aren't too concerned about your electricity bill.

Thats a good idea. I will try that at the henne mines jelly area tonight then theres little chance of the leader getting KO'd. Once I am strong enough I can go to the Stillshrine.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default Countdown to death!

Having 20 remedies on hand is more than enough to get you through the night. It should only be your party leader who is set to be cured with a remedy anyway; the others can die and be revived easily without incident. The bigger problem will actually be confuse since you run the risk of your own characters one-shotting one another.

Default Dar

Whenever I need to level up, I equip my party with embroidered tippets and I start roaming. Usually it's best to start with the most recently explored areas before your last major cutscene. In your case, I would teleport to the Salikawood and retrace the path to Archadia with the tippets equipped. You should see atleast three levels of improvement by the time you reach Archadia, so long as you take on every fiend in each area(sometimes you'll luck out and find rare creatures as well). There are two areas in the Henne Mines for training: Pithead Junction B and Pithead Junction C. Pithead Junction B spawns a whole lotta jellies to fight. At Pithead Junction C you can fight some Abysteels that will respawn if you leave the area after defeating them and return and activate the switch once more. There is also an area in the Golmore Jungle called the Rustling Chapel that spawns a lot of Dark Skeletons(lv.25-39). If you want to get through the Feywood, I suggest being atleast level 40. You'll level up while you're there, and you'll want to take advantage of the high-level foes so that you'll be prepared for the Giruvegan crystal.

ALSO, you should take some time to catch up on your hunts. You can receive valuable items from the clan guild.

Banned

For mid game grinding, enter the Golmore Jungle from the Ozmone plains and chain the panthers. Exit out, going back to screens, then return. They will respawn. Repeat. You can get a 100 chain fairly easy and fast this way, and their loot sells for a lot.

For late game grinding, go to that hidden section of the Nebreus Deadlands. Have good curative magic and have a field day on the million-o-zombies that come out of the ground. Curaja will blast them away, and some of them have reflect which will heal your party if you hit one in the mass.