Thread: Duodecim is OUT!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Duodecim is OUT!

Anyone have their hands on it yet? I know I'll be playing it as soon as I wrap up this current playthrough of P3P.

EDIT:

Also, please please mark spoilers! Even tiny ones! Even though this is a fighting game and likely doesn't even have a deep plot!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just picked it up, but sadly, I've got lots of things going on this week, so I probably won't be able to really sit down and play it for awhile. Considering how my classes are going, I may hold off playing it until May.

Goodbye Dissidia forums...

@OP
    If you liked the story of Dissidia, you'll be right at home on this one. If your a normal human being you'll hate it enticingly! Battle mechanics are THE S**T!! No I'm serious. This is definitely in the top tier of fighters. Things like raising your Bravery then dealing HP attacks still carry over from last game, but Assist and EX revenge are amazing new additions. All in all I'd rate it about 9/10!

I still need to play the original But I know a few people who will be devouring this game

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    @OP
    If you liked the story of Dissidia, you'll be right at home on this one. If your a normal human being you'll hate it enticingly! Battle mechanics are THE S**T!! No I'm serious. This is definitely in the top tier of fighters. Things like raising your Bravery then dealing HP attacks still carry over from last game, but Assist and EX revenge are amazing new additions. All in all I'd rate it about 9/10!
    I would like to think that people gave up on the idea of the plot being good and not predictable, seeing how its really hard to do a crossover story where everyone is relevant. I'm just sitting back and enjoying all the nostalgia smut that is oozing out of every nook and cranny. I've heard some of the English VA's tried some new things for the characters based on fan feedback so I'm waiting for a VA thread to pop up soon.

Playing through Prologus, I must say I'm really enjoying the gameplay mechanics, the new elements have really changed the game for me. I'm just hoping Terra didn't get too badly nerfed...

Blog Entries

Playing it like there's no tomorrow. I've finished the Twelth Cycle story and have started experimenting with different characters in the Labyrinth now.

I'm really digging the Assist system. Using it just after you wall rush your opponent is great stuff. It's also working well for me as I use Squall. Although I think his HP attack tracking is slightly better, he stills plays very much to his strength of close range bravery hitting. I've found using the assist to distract or at least make the opponent's movement more predictable really gives Squall a better chance of landing that darned Aerial Circle.

Nerfed EX Cores with chases becoming the major way of building EX Gauge is a bit disappointing. I can see what SE were going for though. Obviously, as a fighting game, it's better if you're actually fighting more and chasing after little blue orbs less. But, I'm just really bad at chases =]

New characters - All good. Lightning, Kain, Vaan, Laguna and Yuna are all rather easy to pick up and play. Tifa is a bit finicky if you want to exploit her feint move.

All up, this game is awesome. No big changes, just lots of little ones that really add the gaming experience.

Oh, and Vyk. You don't need to play the original. After completing the first part of the story, another part's unlocked that's pretty much covers exactly the same ground as the first game, except with the new mechanics (at least I think so, I've only unlocked it, but haven't played it)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    @OP
    Yeah, I figure as far as the story goes it'll be more of the same, and I'll be happy with that. I should have it by the end of today :3

I went and picked it up yesterday as soon as EBgames opened up :P I've pretty much been playing it non-stop since I made it home

So far I'm loving it. I have 2 days play time into it, and I've completed the first set of stories, and currently working on the second set.

Over all, it is amazing. The battle system tweaks are mind blowing, the story lines are awesome, and it's refreshing! Yuna is my character of choice so far.

You know, someone I talked to a couple of weeks ago said the game was really short. I dunno if she was just reading the prologus' or not, but from what I can tell? I'm in for a long ride with all the different things they've allowed you to do in this one

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Laguna is trickier to use than I had expected. Also I have mixed feelings about his voice actor now that I've heard him talk in complete sentences. Yuna is great. Her aeons look kind of weird, what with them being heads and sometimes torsos sticking out of a glyph, but they're very fun to use. And I love the addition of a world map :3

EDIT:

One of my favorite things is the music. There's three times as many tracks as before, and it's just really neat having a few of my favorite songs from each title all jumbled into one game.

Yeah, I do too. The world map was an epic addition in itself.

I...don't really like Laguna all that much, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's his play style. But Yuna? They really did an excellent job on her. The Aeons do look weird, but they can really pump out some serious damage.

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

I have noticed something... something I am truly happy they changed...
    Equipment is no long a game winning factor... this makes me happy

Also if anyone finds Tifa's level 1 Exclusive weapon let me know where it is plz I am having issues finding hers for some odd reason...
    Last edited by Darkwolf090; 03-25-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Blog Entries

I've just unlocked (SPOILER)Gilgamesh as a playable character. He's great fun xD. But his EX Burst is tough to Perfect.

Definitely not as hard as Tifa's though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm actually surprised that the story isn't absolutely terrible. I'm also surprised how much screen-time Kefka is getting and happy that Kuja isn't such a whiny bitch in this game. I've been pretty impressed with the Reports which are not very different from the first games reports but the addition of the villains stories in them makes them much more fun.

I can't say I really care for Lightning as a fighter, Commando is good but limited and I find myself mainly switching to Ravager and staying there, especially since her HP attacks are the same regardless of which role she's in. Medic is useless.

Vaan, is surprisingly better than I thought he would be. His weapon switching fighting style is amusing and I love charging up some of the moves, like his rapid fire crossbow that makes me feel like he stole it from Edgar. I also find his EX-Burst unintentionally funny cause it looks like he uses his ass to push the Luminescence Concurrence at his opponents.

Kuja is nice, I don't care for his new HP move but I'm happy that Seraphic Star has a much better gravity pull and can even move slightly to grab opponents.

Terra, feels really different to me and I feel she may have been nerfed a bit too much.

I'm loving the world map and I must say that it is sad that DDFF feels more like an actual RPG than XIII did. I wish the moogles had better prices for some of their items, their summon stones are pricey, but at least acquiring Rosetta stones will be easier. The OST is better used this time around cause the game isn't just re-using the same three original themes over and over again for story scenes and is actually using music from the FF games more for story scenes.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Im going to cash in stuff at gamestop then buy it for $20 ar gamesdealrus
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Do it! It's totally worth it, in my opinion