View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with LiveJournal

0 0%
  • Use a better site.

0 0%
  • Stick with LiveJournal for now, things may pick up.

0 0%
  • Stick with LiveJournal, but use another site as well.

0 0%

Thread: Should I stick it out with LiveJournal, or find something better?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Should I stick it out with LiveJournal, or find something better?

Yeah there's been new developments it seems to be gaining recognition because it is mentioned in a site, and is begining to appear in Goolgle more, so for now I'm going to stick with it, but keep Word Press as back up.

For what I am doing, should I keep posting them on LiveJournal - which barley appears in Google unless I search really directly, or find a similar site which is more likley to be found by fans of the series when they simply search through Google?

If you know of any, please say.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 03-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

most people don't want google to find their stuff on lj. Use wordpress or something optimized for SEO

Yeah I was gonna suggest Wordpress. LJ is usually meant for more private use. It's still a blog, but its more of a journal. Wordpress is a public blog

Blog Entries

I just Googled Wordpress, and from the looks of it, it is something I need to Download to my computer to get it to work, if that is the case is it free, and am I able to put it on more than one system? Because my main computer is being repaired.

Unless they changed things, you can create and edit journal entries on there from your account on the site. There's programs you and download to make entries from for easier use, but they weren't required when I used wordpress (in fact, the better ones you had to pay for)

Blog Entries

I re-Googled it, I guess I must have checked the wrong thing, thanks for clearing it up.

Anyway, I am now signed up to Wordpress, and will be moving my... reviews? Or whatever they are from LiveJournal to Wordpress shortly, I will also update my sig here just incase anyone's interested, alternatively- check Google

Thanks for the help, fingers crossed it works...