Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Pokemon Pokedex Entries

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Creepy Pokemon Pokedex Entries

Pokemon's Ten Most Disturbing Pokedex Entries - ComicsAlliance | Comic book culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Quite possibly the most wonderful thing I've read all day

How does this affect your views on the Poke Party? Hmmmm?

DISCUSS

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If there were no trainers, then the next one to lose their soul to a hungry wild Lampet could be you...

Y'know, a Tonberry would fit right in with that crowd.

Awesome reading, thanks for the link.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw this on Facebook already.

Amusing. But it actually redeems pokemon in my eyes a little

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This just reinforces my strong belief that they should have never ventured past the original 151. I don't care about the creepy background some of them have, I'm just disgusted in the lack of creativity with some of these Pokemon. A smurfing candle that evolves into a lamp!? Yeesh.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalore the Guardian View Post
    This just reinforces my strong belief that they should have never ventured past the original 151. I don't care about the creepy background some of them have, I'm just disgusted in the lack of creativity with some of these Pokemon. A smurfing candle that evolves into a lamp!? Yeesh.
    I thought the second generation had some cool ones as well. But yeah after that it went all downhill. The lastest ones look smurfing embarrassing.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Better a candle than an ice cream cone.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know what you people are talking about; the last pokemon is Mew.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a drifloon navy

And finally, we have our champion, the brand new title-holder for Most Disturbing Pokemon of All Time. Sure, he doesn't look like much -- a little like Phanto from Super Mario Bros. 2 who's had a few drinks and wants to get in a fistfight -- but wait. Just. Wait.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

All right, let's do this by the numbers.

First, the idea that Pokemon used to be people. This puts a whole new spin on the very idea of this game, in that you're running around bottling up the souls of the dead and releasing them to battle your enemies. Ye cats, those televangelists back in the '90s were right all along!

Second, they retain the memories of their lives. "I used to have a wife. Kids. I spend a lot of time thinking about them, wondering if they miss me. But sure, kid, I'll go punch that lightning squirrel for you. Not like I got much of a choice." This is basically Dante's conception of Hell.

Third, each of them carries a mask that used to be its face. Straight up creepy.

Fourth and final, sometimes they look at it and cry. That. Is. Amazing.

Cubone cries because it misses its mother. That's just understandable. Yamask, however, cries from the sheer existential horror of what it has become while looking at the face it once wore as a human being before it was reduced to its current state, just breaking down under the sheer weight and indignity of all. Oh, and then it evolves into a sentient sarcophagus that kills grave robbers.

I haven't beaten the game yet so I haven't seen the credits, but I am pretty sure these characters were designed by Franz Kafka.
    I died.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bieber View Post
    I thought the second generation had some cool ones as well. But yeah after that it went all downhill. The lastest ones look smurfing embarrassing.
    Yeah, I always felt that Gold and Silver had the best balance of number and quality. That said, I don't think the future ones are terrible.

That was very funny. Cubone's always broke my heart.

But when you think about it, your job in Pokemon is to basically go around the wild enslaving small animals to do your bidding by making them fight one another. Just sayin'
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I've been watching my significant other play Black Version over his shoulder for the past couple of days...... it's a pretty big joke. Pokemon is a face palm fest now.

but I don't see what's so creepy about Duskull's entry..... I too, enjoy the crying of children.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Ti View Post
    I've been watching my significant other play Black Version over his shoulder for the past couple of days...... it's a pretty big joke. Pokemon is a face palm fest now.

but I don't see what's so creepy about Duskull's entry..... I too, enjoy the crying of children
    Really? I think most people still either enjoy or have positive memories of Pokemon. A lot might not get involved with playing the games any more (though quite a few people I know at uni do), but it's still highly regarded.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed the Pokemon games up until after Gold and Silver. Sometimes I'll get really bored and go rock some Special Pikachu Edition or the new version of Red. But I'm in agreement that they need to cut it out already.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.