Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Blog Entries

i swear to god I counted 199 and failed....... I SWEAR TO GOOOOOD!!!!!

Just do it again, but if you're too frustrated right now, wait until tomorrow and try it again when you'll be less frustrated.

Blog Entries

I did it two weeks ago and I dont want to do it again

I've heard that there is a glitch with this nightmare of a sidequest. I'm not sure of the exact details but I think its something to do with getting hit 5 times on the north side then getting hit once on the south side then something in between before opening the chest. Anyone know about this?:mog:

Edit - I've Google this and come up with the following. I'm playing VIII again at the moment but if anyone tries this can they let me know what happens.

To dodge 200 lightning bolts easily, use the airship to get to the Thunder Plains, and go to the northern part. Dodge enough lightning bolts consecutively to make the chest appear but do not open it yet. The amount of times needed to dodge for the chest to appear will be different for almost everyone attempting this trick. Stay close to the exit so that you can leave quickly before lightning strikes again. After dodging, go back past the treasure chest and enter the southern part, then immediately leave and go back up past the chest to the northern part and get hit twice by lightning. Go back to the chest and open it. It should say that you dodged 200 consecutive lightning bolts or more. Make sure to stay close to the exit when dodging or getting hit by lightning so that you can leave immediately before lightning strikes again.

I've pretty much given up on this now. After many tries, I just can't do it. >_> It's just too harsh to get to 189 hits and then get hit once and lose.

I guess it's luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybuttons™ View Post
    I've heard that there is a glitch with this nightmare of a sidequest. I'm not sure of the exact details but I think its something to do with getting hit 5 times on the north side then getting hit once on the south side then something in between before opening the chest. Anyone know about this?:mog:

Edit - I've Google this and come up with the following. I'm playing VIII again at the moment but if anyone tries this can they let me know what happens.

To dodge 200 lightning bolts easily, use the airship to get to the Thunder Plains, and go to the northern part. Dodge enough lightning bolts consecutively to make the chest appear but do not open it yet. The amount of times needed to dodge for the chest to appear will be different for almost everyone attempting this trick. Stay close to the exit so that you can leave quickly before lightning strikes again. After dodging, go back past the treasure chest and enter the southern part, then immediately leave and go back up past the chest to the northern part and get hit twice by lightning. Go back to the chest and open it. It should say that you dodged 200 consecutive lightning bolts or more. Make sure to stay close to the exit when dodging or getting hit by lightning so that you can leave immediately before lightning strikes again.
    Doesn't work. At least, not on the US version.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I did this on my second try. I waited till I had the No Encounters ability, and I chose to do this in the land around the first lightning tower in the North part of the Thunder Plains (one of the better places to do this). What I did was I dodged around 20 in a row, paused the game, then continued until I dodged more than 200 (I overshot it just to be safe).

^You know, you did exactly what I did. I dodged it until I got tired, then I paused. I did it on my first go. It was easy compared to the skipping rope challenge in FFIX.
    I <3 Monkey Boys.

Ok you cant go into the rest stop while dodging the lightning...it has to be 200 consecutive without a break...I suggest putting on a sword or shield with no encounters to make it faster and a trick on dodging the lightning is to press X once the white flash comes up. I find it quite simple to do.

sorry to revive this old thread, but I read the first page and it seems like if you get a random encounter the counter starts all over again, is that true? if so how are you supposed to do it???

I did it by equipping a weapon or armor with the no encounter ability on it. I don't know this firsthand, but according to other members a random battle doesn't reset the counter.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, the counter isn't reset by random encounters. It just takes a lot more time if you're running around while doing it.

Britt - You are right. Lulu is a blackmage beasttt.! i made a HUGE boo-boo.... i didnt pay attention to the screen one night when i was moving her on the sphere grid, and i used a FRIEND sphere by accident! & moved her ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE GRID! she doesnt even have FLARE. i was on the EXACT grid circle that flare is on, but thats when i messed up so im just waitinnn... waitinn... waiting to get a return sphere

Random encounters don't reset the counter, but they can force you to get hit. Sometimes a random encounter and a lightning flash will occur at the same time. At that point, it is (as far as I can tell) impossible to avoid the lightning hit after the encounter, and you get to do it all over again. Save yourself from this frustration, equip a No Encounter weapon.

And, Tidusshuyincloud, use a Return Sphere. Should be able to take her back.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I dodged 181 bolts.

181! and then got hit!!!!!! I nearly cried