Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

So how does this "three strike zone" work? Does one lightening bolt equate to three? Or are there a lot more bolts there?
    Let me think of something witty...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Three-strike" is basically just a way of saying it strikes in a "three-strike zone" much more often than in a "one-strike" zone. When standing still in a three strike zone, you'll be generally getting a lightning bolt about every four to six seconds, on average, if memory serves.

In the event a lightning bolt stuck every five seconds, it would take a little short of 17 minutes to dodge 200, which sounds pretty close to accurate. Arguably, the Onion Knight could take even less time to attain than the Nirvana, if you were a quick-study with the bolts. I'd say the Nirvana and Onion Knight took close to the same amount of time for me to get.

Hm........ Britt, where'd you find that website? It's pretty useful, to an extent.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe it's a site belonging to "CB!," from GameFaqs. I'm not sure if it's a whole site, or just a compilation of maps like that.

Kimahri

Jeeze... I -FINALLY- got the Venus and Saturn Sigils! Good Lord, were those difficult!

For the Venus Sigil, all I did was stand in a Three-Strike zone and run around in a circle to keep my hands busy. I found that if I stood still, I became anxious and often pressed the button too soon, causing myself to have to start all over. Also, I dodged 50 bolts and paused the game for a minute or two, and then went at it again. I ended up with 230 consecutive dodges, just in case I'd miscounted along the way.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Getting the Saturn Sigil made me want to cry. However, once one gets the hang of the courses, they become easy. My strategy was to listen to blaring music to get my mind off of frustration and help cope with the redundancy. I think that, all in all, the Venus Sigil is a walk in a park compared to the Saturn Sigil. Nothing can compare to the complete and utter redundancy that is the Jupiter Sigil, though. I mean, I love blitzball, but I can't play 30 straight games when I realize I haven't been playing enough.

Redefiner

Getting the sigil ARE awfully redundant, aren't they?

Sun Sigil - 58 tries
    Moon Sigil - Well that one's easy, that took one try
    Mars Sigil - I just got this while opening up every other sigil, but if you tackled it by itself, it'd be redundant
    Jupiter Sigil - AHHHHH THIS TOOK LIKE 6 HOURS OF BLITZBALLING
    Mercury Sigil - A few hours of trekking that desert
    Saturn Sigil - I'm working on it this evening...

I mean, the ultimate weapons in FFVII were self-explanatory, and the same went with FFIX. FFVIII was a bit tedious... but this is the hardest set of Ultimate Weapons in the newest set. Then again, these are the most rewarding...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just started trying this last night (after it took 2 hours in the Omega Ruins to get No Encounter equipment for someone). I got to 46 in a row, but then I guess I would doze off and get struck. I guess that's what happens when playing at 2am. :P

I've already got Yuna's and Rikku's weapons powered up, Lulu's will probably be next. Then maybe Tidus. Auron's seems kinda hard to get, Kimahri and the butterflies is just insane, and blitzball? Oy my team sucks. >_<
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

i did till like 12+, got fed up, decide to aim for the megaelixir instead..... (get struck 200 times, )

Default trouble with the lightning dodger [spoilers? nah there isnt]

hey guys iv tried for 4 hours trying to get 200 consecutive bolts dodged in the 3 strike area but some gay crap always happenes. I spend 30 mins dodgning and i got hit i was like "hope i got 200 before i got hit" i checked....gues how many i dodged..

196!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

so I went back for 45 mins dodging....got hit...checked...

198!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!#$%%^$^ damnit!!!! Then I spent 2 hours tyrying to dodged and kept going back into the agency to see how many i got so far...and I did it for a VERY long time and i didnt get hit at all but it seems like i didndt get the venus thing. does it reset of i walk into the agency and just look at my score? i didnt save i got all the other prizes except the venus someoen please help what was your strategy on this please soeone help fast i could have spent 2 of my hours wathcing family guy andthe other 2 on simpsons...and i just wasted it all....please soemone ghelp me fast FAST FAST I dotn wanna waste any more of my time tahnks
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    Bought a house above the ocean
    Where our kids could laugh and play
    I called you from Paris to tell you that I wrote our names on the observation deck of the Eifell Tower
    Remember those times
    Playing summer wind in the jukebox of the bar we used to go.
    We made out in the bathroom and you walked me to my house
    And I tried to convince you not to go home

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go
    Italy isn't the same without you here
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again, Again.

First of November, 1998
    I was thinking of what to say when I would call
    Krysha come over to my house, cause you're the one for me
    We'll drink cheap wine and watch more shooting stars.
    Remember our first apartment, our couch was never big enough for two
    Still we'd fall asleep in each others arms and wake up on the floor, now looking back it was made for me and you.

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go, Japan is really nice this time of year
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again.

i don't think it resets, but it does when you get hit...

Kimahri

Firstly, there really isn't a strategy for this, but to stop anxiously pressing away at the button waiting for the bolts to strike, I kept them busy by running around in a circle in a three-strike area. I found that to be an easier solution. Also, if you keep count, pause the game after 50 strikes or so and take a 1-minute break. Relax your eyes by looking around the room and defocus your vision from the television.

Secondly, yes, it does reset if you return to the inn and/or get hit by a bolt.

Lastly, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from using the term 'gay' in a derogatory manner. Being homosexual myself, I tend to find such use of the word to be offensive.

i'm wondering, will it reset when you save the game??

Kimahri

Hmm... I'm not sure of that one. As far as I know, it only resets if you are striken, or you go to the inn. You may just have a brilliant idea on your hands... but don't quote me on that, because I'm not sure. Try and see.

i'm already trying that... i'm at 70 strikes now.... 130 more to go..... heehee.... and also, if you leave the area, does it reset?