Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yes, your "consecutive dodged strikes" total is reset if you save your game. I learned the hard way.

hey kimarhi i didnt know you were err...homosexual im sorry. anyways....

ARGH! Im still so pissed that i waisted 4 hours of my time! This is what I did... I went into the 3stk zone. dodged one...went a little forward from ebing pushed back from dodgning...doged another and so on. i paused ever 20 or so bolts dodged and watch a litle tv...then...when i felt it was okay that i had 200 i ran back and checkd no chest so i went out and did a little more...got hit...::damn:: checked...no chest...checked record....198!!!!!!!!! ARrggh!!!! Do the bolts strike you no matter what if you repeadedly tap X very fast? please help fast
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    Bought a house above the ocean
    Where our kids could laugh and play
    I called you from Paris to tell you that I wrote our names on the observation deck of the Eifell Tower
    Remember those times
    Playing summer wind in the jukebox of the bar we used to go.
    We made out in the bathroom and you walked me to my house
    And I tried to convince you not to go home

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go
    Italy isn't the same without you here
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again, Again.

First of November, 1998
    I was thinking of what to say when I would call
    Krysha come over to my house, cause you're the one for me
    We'll drink cheap wine and watch more shooting stars.
    Remember our first apartment, our couch was never big enough for two
    Still we'd fall asleep in each others arms and wake up on the floor, now looking back it was made for me and you.

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go, Japan is really nice this time of year
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again.

caecillius

where/what exactly is the 3 strike area?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you do ANYTHING short of dodge lightning or walk, your timer resets. You cannot save, leave the map, or ANYTHING. You must remain on the same map for 200 strikes, dodging each one consecutively. Don't get anxious and run back to the agency- just count out loud and go past 200. I went until about 235, and found I'd miscounted and really had 232. So going past 200 is very important.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*double post*

All of the threads about the Thunder Plains have been merged into one. It's insane, the number of people posting threads about this. So I'm merging and sticking, for all to read.

thanks britt....hmm.....so your saying its easier to run around a little bit in circles instead of just standning there and after every dodge just run forward a little.... hmm please reply which was easier for u and how many tires?
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    I called you from Paris to tell you that I wrote our names on the observation deck of the Eifell Tower
    Remember those times

If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again, Again.

First of November, 1998
    Still we'd fall asleep in each others arms and wake up on the floor, now looking back it was made for me and you.

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go, Japan is really nice this time of year
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm guessing it probably would be easier to run around in circles. I tried the standing still and running back to the spot thing, and only got to 96. Next time I'll try the running around in circles.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Redefiner

Everybody now:

Our Mod is an awesome Mod!

Thanks for ridding us of heh's confliction, too

Back on Topic, I found it best to stop, let it hit, then walk back to where I just was. This kept me from getting hit so far back that I went under a tower...I heard somewhere that the counter is restarted if that happens, but I did this just to be sure.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, if the lighting that is supposed to hit you, hits the tower instead, it starts over. :/
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

hmmmm soemoen else giv4e thier "how many tires" and how long it took please
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    Remember those times

First of November, 1998

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*not a mod* xD And Rydia of Mist banned heh.

I actually did it by standing still and returning to the spot. Running around would distract me waaaay too much, I think. And it would cause me to accidently move under a tower.

[edit] Solid-Gear, it probably took me a total of 40 minutes, and 3 tries. I got up to 88 the first time, 35 the second time, and 232 the third time.

Riven

Default No encounters

As for getting equipment with No Encounters on it, you can win a weapon from Geosgaeno in Baaj Temple (Geosgaeno is that big ass fish that almost eats Tidus near the beginning of the game). Baaj is one of the hidden areas on the airship map, I don't remember the coordinates... just look around.

I won a Devastator for Rikku with the No Encounters ability on it. Not sure if it changes or not.

As far as ultimate weapons go, so far the one that I find by far the most frustrating is Tidus'. I CANNOT control that damned chocobo. I used to like chocobos... I hate them with a PASSION NOW!!!

*argh*

Riven

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've resolved that Wakka's is the absolute most annoying. Unless one plays two games of Blitzball at every save point they see between Mi'ihen and Zanarkand... it takes forever and a day. I'm seven games away from that Sigil, and I've played at least 25 games since Zanarkand to get there, after playing more than my share of Blitzball prior. I reset the game, at one point, and did the last game of a league over again, just to get the Jupiter Sigil to appear in the next league.

YES I FINALLY GOT IT!!! 226!!!! W00t and i gotta tell you its well worth it! Anyways...i did it while the lights were on, my bro and his friend tlaking infont of me playing the guitar with some foo fighters playing in the background...w00t! I didnt mess up yes! Thanks guys. I stayed still and moved back that pattern. Anyways....thanks. w00t
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    Remember those times

First of November, 1998

Redefiner

*feels stupid for mistaking Britt's identity and...feels stupid in general* :foot:

Blitzball is actually kind of fun to me...I mean, I started dominating teams when leveled up so much, but then I decided to have some fun and I tried for higher goals, like more goals (my record stands at 12-0 against the Kilika Beasts now) or using different strategies and lineups. If only there were some online form... I played 48 games

In truth, I think Lulu's was the hardest if only because I had 193!!! At that point, I was so ticked off that I threw the controller...against a pillow. Gamer Rage is very dangerous, folks. Not just for you, but your gaming equipment. Please, controller-toss safely

Oh, but the payoff (on the 4th try) was wonderful! Doublecast Ultima has never been so EXTREMELY POWERFUL! The majority of Monster Arena Creations are cake now! Don't even mention Ultima Fury