Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Riven

Default Blitzball

Blitzball is the workings of Satan on the minds of the poor, hapless game developers at Square. It's designed to slowly degenerate the minds of those who play it until they can do nothing except babble incessantly about how great blitzball is.

No, really.

Blitzball would be so much more fun if for one, it was 3-D instead of just 2-D, and two, if it weren't based almost entirely on stats. *sigh* ... maybe I just won't go for Wakka's celestial weapon.

As for dodging lightning, for me the easiest place was to go out the northern end of the screen with the travel agency place. You should end up on the left side of a fork. Right around just where the path converges worked very well. I believe it's a "3 bolt" area, but I'm not sure... it struck very frequently, anyways. Also, you're extremely close to the travel agency, which makes it nice.

Just count out loud how many bolts you've dodged, and it goes surprisingly fast. If you have to pause it, I'd recommend doing it as you're actually jumping back from a bolt, since that will give you the most time to get ready for the next one when you come back.

And good god, is it worth it. Lulu is the shiznit with Onion Knight, doublecast, and flare/ultima.

Riven

hey you forgot magic booster and 1 mp cost to go with ultima and double cast....

Squall123

God, that dodging lighting thing really pissed me off. I had 30, then 66, then 92, then 120, then 160, then 170, then 195 before I hit the 200 mark :/ I am glad that is over. If i have to rate it, it is the hardest Ultimate Weapon to get other than the silly butterfly game.

As for Blitzball, it is about stats yeah. But once you have great awesome characters, like Tidus with jecht Shot 2, Eaiger, Wakka,Wedge,Blappa,Brother who all know how to do Sphere Shot , and of course Nimrook to back you up, it is hella fun !! Just Sphere shooting from the middle of the field, watching poor keeper trying their best to block the inevitable shots.hehehe. I get like 15 points per game against the Ronso, and average around the 10 for the other teams Great way to cheer up after a bad day at school

actualy it's not that hard... just patience demanding..... tidus' one is quite hard too...

Squall123

hehe. I laugh the whole time when i was doing that chocobo race. It was really funny...The strategy was let the trainer get all the bird hits and you take your sweet time getting ballons

as i said, it all depends on luck... if you get a good track, you'll be the sigil, if not, just try agains...

FF Big Fan

Chocobo race = Luck race.......
    hmmm
    hey maybe thats how Luck Attribute comes in handy!
    /me going to raise 255 luck
    LOL j/k ^^

let's not get off topic.... so how many did you guys estimated and how many did you guys actually got???

i got:
    estimate - 253
    actual - 251

i was kinda afraid i wouldn't be able to get it so i did umm.... a lil more???

FF Big Fan

i got 289
    didnt counted so watched the clock instead
    thats about 30 mins

Graffin

I got to 24 then I got fed up with it

When I have more time i'll go into that 3 strike location and try my luck there.

( I think the Sun Sigil is pretty hard to get. Racing that dumb chocobo bitch is VERY annoying and dodgeing those birds suck.

Auron-9

Nevermind, figured it out.

Rendikisulandath!! Elephant Man's Avatar

okay i have a question. i didn't try the Venus Sigil thing yet. so, say, if you get 239 and you go back to the Travel Agency to get your prize and then you get struck. does it reset? would you have to re-do the whole thing over again? or would you still get the sigil.
    I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing and dancing....... and dancing, until there is only...... the dance.
    -Michael Jackson

QuadBoy

this mini game is very frustrating. i waited until i got the airship and 30 purifying salts (you can get these from capturing monsters) to avoid any encounters. You should stay away from the towers. In additon, to help a bit, every time you dodge 5 bolts in a row you should pause it so you wont go nuts.

its well worth it though- as frustrating as it is

chs105

Elephant Man: Once you have over 200 dodges, and you get hit while you are running back to claim the price, then the whole thing resets and you will have to do it all over again.... just kidding. Once you have over 200 then you will get the price no matter what. By the way, I found that muting the sound definitely helps out a lot, since the sound of thunder from elsewhere will interfere with your concentration, and the music got annoying after a while.

Rendikisulandath!! Elephant Man's Avatar

oh okay. cool.
    I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing and dancing....... and dancing, until there is only...... the dance.
    -Michael Jackson