Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

200 for a silly weapon? Gyah, doesn't seem worth it. None of them do. All I have is the one Sigil from the Cactuars.

And that's all I intend to get.
    Fungah.

ILLA

I found a way to get strikes consistently without fail. It's in a 3 strike zone just ahead of the inn. Right below the 3 craters on the left side is a little ridge. If you go over it (towards the craters) and back over the crest (towards the inn), you will get a strike on the way back. When you go back towards the craters you will get another strike. Then you have to go forward, back, forward, and then on the way back you will get a strike, and then the way forward you get a strike. This continues in a cycle.

Try it, you will catch on, and it is very predictable. I haven't got to 200 yet, but I just started.

Check the pic for the area where the ridge is.

Thunder God Cid

dunno if anyone posted this, im toooooooo lazy to read all post.

can you use no encounter skill and then just tape down X on ya turbo controler?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Have the No Encounter auto-ability is a big help, but using a turbo controller or just constantly tapping "X" won't work. The game will sense that you are cheating and zap Tidus as punishment.

Whew...okay, after 7 of the most painful hours of my life, I finally got the damn Venus Sigil and I hereby resolve to NEVER go back to the Thunder Plains ever again. But anyways... for the purposes of this thread, I figured I'd throw in my two cents about how it's done. For me, I stayed in one spot at the mouth of the path leading away from the Rin's Travel Agency in the Northern half of the area. There, the lightning hits about every 3-5 seconds and there aren't any lightning rods nearby to get in the way. I turned off the FFX sound (as it really does become a distraction) and focused my vision on the body of water you see in the upper-right corner of the screen. This way, there was nothing in my line of sight to interrupt my concentration as I waited for the light flash. Using my peripheral vision to detect the lightning, I went about the task, and almost a third of a day later, I emerged with Venus Sigil in hand. I'm not sure how successful you'd consider this methodology to be, seeing as it took me the better of the day to finish this incredibly stupid side quest, but I thought I'd propose another plan of attack to those readers out there still suffering through this ordeal.

There's a slower way to do this feat. You can just wait at the beginning of Thunder Plains (the one after Guadosalam) and run around, but not too close, to the save point. If you dodge the lightning twice in a row, save but run quickly away from the tower, coz if the lightning hit the tower while your still near it, your counter resets. If it happens, just load the game you just saved and keep doing it for 100 times (2 dodges for 100 times equals 200 dodges). It might take a while, but that's how I got the Venus sigil before Macalania Temple....

I am Gackt's exotic look!
    Which Gackt hairstyle are you most like?

yet another crazy Gackt quiz
    by mcvarmazi

Kat

the trick to the thunder plains

If I walk around, I'm sure that I'll get distracted and get struck by lightning. Can't I just 'stand' in a three-strike zone, instead of walking around? Pretty, pretty please tell me I can.

Kat

Umm.. that's not true about if lightning strikes a tower, it resets the counter, right? o.o;;

umm, let's get these things straightened out okies??? firstly.... pls. do not give a method which you haven't tried out before but used personal calculations to solve the problem..... you CANNOT, and i would like to emphasize (sp?) the word, CANNOT!!! get lulu's crest (or sigil?? forgot) w/o hard work.... you cannot save halfway through...... as long as 1 lightning strikes the tower, you're back to 1..... and i'm dead sure you cannot run in a record time.... and yes kat, you can stand there, but you'll haf to walk occassionally to get back to the 3 strike area..... the best way to do this is to do like 20-30 strikes the first time.... pause the game then do another 10 strikes or so every 2-3 mins.... gd luck all....

buddy

Default Lighting Dodging

Look at the map a few posts above. That is where I did this insanely stupid task. Face away from the screen(up). Stand still and dodge. Then walk north to where you were originally standing and repeat...199 more times (at least).
    Tips that helped me...
    Have no-encounter ability enabled - a must
    Turn down lights in room - helps you to see flashes easier.
    Elimnate all distractions - i.e. pets, phone
    Focus your eyes about halfway up between Tidus' head and the mini-map. Don't look at Tidus.
    Count the # of dodges out loud (whisper them)
    Stop every 20-30 to rest your eyes, but pause right in mid-jump backwards. That way you have time to get back into it when you restart it.
    Stay in that 3-strike zone...
    Give yourself an extra dozen dodges in case you mis-counted. (You don't want to go back to the Inn to find you did 198 or 199)
    Good luck

HugiEugie

gee...

truth be told, i'm playin through ffX for the third time and all three times, it's been really easy for me to dodge 200...

seriously, it's really easy!

i've found a slow but sure way of doing this, and did i mention, on the first visit.

i've noticed that lightning sometimes srikes right after a battle or closing the menu screen, giving you very little time to react. But how do you avoid these things without the no enemy encounter?

easy... don't move.

jes go to the place where there's a treasure chest and a cactuar stone. it kind of juts out of the map. now, stand against the wall, and dodge the lightning bolts. as Tidus dodges them, he'll do his customary jumping backwards move, but since there's no space, he'll land exactly where he began.

Meaning, Tidus DOESN'T MOVE! he jes stays in the same spot!

only problem is that the lightning there doesn't strike as often as you would want it to

hey, i sed it was slow, but this is gives you more time to rest and get ready for the next lightning bolt. altogether on the average, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get atleast 200 in...

A Serene Dreamer......... Julia's Avatar

DYK: Yuna's Celestial Weapon is the easiest one to complete.

It is one of the BEST Ultimate Weapons in the game cuz you can give her one mp cost and she also has 3X Overdrive(I think)

So if you teach Yuna Doublecast + ultima, and increase her magic points a bit, she can cause MORE than 9999 dmg. no to mention what Doublecast will do.

THIS IS A SPOILER! DON'T LOOK IF YOUR NOT A FFX PLAYER OR HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME YET!!!! *gasps*

buddy

Don't want to correct you but Wakka's world champion and Attack reels overdrive can 99,999 damage 12 times on one shot.

Zir Jo!

If somebody didn't know: www.playonline.com is the official page where you can find all about this great game.

Hey, to get the Saturn Sigil:

"Capture all the blue butterflies without touching any red ones in the butterfly hunt game in Macalania Woods"

If you come from the Thunder Plains to Macalania Woods you'll find some kind of birdman with an harp near the 1st multicolored Butterfly (the one that you have to touch to start the butterflies hunting).

But coming from the Macalania Agency to Macalania Woods you will find another (The 2nd one).

To get the Saturn Sigil, wich one do you have to play?, the 1st one, the 2nd one, or it doesn't matter???

I almost finish the "1st butterfly" in the second time, (when u get the Saturn Sigil), the first time I don't remenber what u get, but there were the half of the red ones...

(I have already the Masamune, the Caladbolg and the Nirvana)

Did u know that upgrading the legendary weapons you break the 9999 limit of damage with Yuna's Aeons?

Nirvana-------------------- Valefor breaks the limit
    World Champion---------Ifrit breaks the limit
    Spirit Lance---------------Ixion breaks the limit
    Onion Knight-------------Shiva breaks the limit
    Masamune----------------Yojimbo breaks the limit
    God Hand-----------------/////////////////////////
    Caladbolg-----------------////////////////////////

You only need to use the Crest of the character in his/her weapon to break that #/*-?=$#(/% limit, the Sigils isn't nessesary to do this.

pssst, my record with Bahamut's Mega Flare is 93.232

buddy

You need to finish both butterfly mini-game courses after getting the airship to get the Sigil.