Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Dark Tidus

HI GUYS, I JUST GOT THE SUN SIGIL!!!
    YES!!!

IT TOOK ME LIKE 100 TRIES OVER 3 DAYS BUT I FINALLY GOT IT, AND WHAT I FOUND OUT IS THAT TO PASS IT, JUST TRY TO FOLLOW THE ROUTE WITH THE BALOONS IN IT, I.E, EVERY BALOON IN THE GAME IS POSSIBLE TO GET AND YOU JUST NEED TO GO IN THE PERFECT PATH AND BEFORE THE BIRDS HIT YOU JUST SWERVE OUT QUICKLY AND THEY MISS, OTHERWISE, IF YOU DONT MOVE THEY PULL UP AT THE LAST MINUTE ANYWAY!!
    ITS WORTH IT, GOT 16 BALOONS AND 1 HIT, ABOUT A TOTAL TIME OFF -2 SECS

JUST GOTTA GET 3 MORE SIGILS, THEN GOT EM ALL!
    WAKKA- JUPITER SIGIL
    AURON- MARS SIGIL
    KIMAHRI- SATURN SIGIL

WAKKAS WILL BE EASY TO GET, BUT TIME CONSUMING CAUSE I NEED TO WIN 9 MORE GAMES OF BLITZ AND GOT THAT.

AURONS, JUST NEED TO CAPTURE A FEW MORE MONSTERS IN ABOUT 3 AREAS, PRETTY EASY, 1 HOUR AT MAX.

KIMAHRI, GOT IT, BUT BEFORE I GOT MY PRIZE AND FINISHED THE RACE, I LEFT THE SCREEN AND I DIDN'T GET IT, F*%@!!!!! I WAS REALLY PISSED OFF!!!

BUT ANYWAY I REACKON HALF A DAY AT THE MAX AND I WILL HAVE THEM ALL, IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE MORE CAUSE OF BLITZBALL.

BLITZBALL IS STUPID, I HATE IT, ALTHOUGH I'M GOOD AT IT,CAUSE OF ALL WAKKA'S STUPID OVERDRIVES, BUT 9 MORE WINS, THEN NO MORE BLITZBALL, EVER!!

SO I HAVE RAVED ENOUGH, I WAS JUST SO EXICTED ABOUT GETTING THE SUN SIGIL LIKE 5 MINS AGO, AND JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE CAUSE I DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME PASSION ABOUT FFX EXCEPT YOU GUYS, SORRY FOR RAVING BUT ITS LEGENDARY, UPGRADING THE CALADBOLG FULLY IS WORTH IT.

ANYWAY ABOUT THE THUNDER PLAINS VENUS SIGIL, I THINK IT IS, JUST GO TO THE NORTHERN PART OF THE PLAINS, JUST UP FROM THE INN, AND WHERE 2 PATHS JOIN INTO 1 STAY AROUND THERE, THIS IS CALLED A 3-STRIKE AREA AND LIGHTNING BOLTS STRIKE LIKE EVERY 5-6 SECS. AND IT SHOULDN'T TAKE MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR, AND PLUS THE ONION NIGHT AT FULL POWER IS PRETTY COOL, ITS WORTH IT, JUST LIKE THE CALADBOLG AND EVERY OTHER ULTIMATE WEAPON.

ANYWAY, TOO MUCH RAVING, SEE YA!!

please lay you fingers off the caps lock key...caldabolg aint worth the nerves, but im calm now, dont need it much anyway, it doesnt affect aeons, wakkas, ill get, i love blitzball better than the game itself, luca is the best place...why bother filling the grid and all, just gotta kill off the bosses and finish the game, i only fully cracked ff8, not even fully, cause i didnt know anything about the battle meter, so thats the only thing i ever missed, everything else, right there, all cards, all weapons, all everything else but i love blitzball
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Erm... congratulations? *shields eyes from blinding caps*

Dark Tidus

Got Aurons Mars Crest, Gotta Get Kimahris and Wakka's nearly there.
    Sorry Bout The Caps

Flaps

Default lightning dodging

After going to the 3 strike zone and failing miserably, I decided to go to a 1 stike zone on the southern plain, well away from the towers.
    I equipped no encounters then turned the music off and just used the white flash preceding the lightning bolt as my cue to press x. It took around 25 minutes and, being in a 1 strike zone, this made it a little easier to keep count.
    When I was sure I had dodged 200+, I went to the chest outside the Agency. I opened it once and it said I had dodged 50, so I opened it again and it said I dodged 100. Opening it again, it said I had dodged 150, so I opened it one last time and it said I had dodged 200, it gave me the sigil, then the chest disappeared.

Kevrpgfan

n1 dude

I used to get really pissed off with that lightning trout till I did it in style

Uh, that is kinda weird, Flaps... but you still got the Sigil. Is that how its supposed to be?

Flaps

Default dodging.

Basically, I lost count so I guess I dodged well over 200 in the end......anyways....I went to open the chest and it said "you have dodge 50 bolts" I thought bollox I have I dodged more than that so I clicked on the chest again, it opened and said "congrats you have dodged 100 bolts" sooooo...I clicked on it again and it said "congrats you have dodged 150 bolts"....so one more click and it told me I had dodged 200. I guess, in a rather long winded way, I am saying, the game rewards you for dodging every 50 lightning bolts and doesnt give you the 200 dodged prize until you have received all the earlier prizes....which makes sense as once you get the sigil, the chest buggers off

Kevrpgfan

I thought anybody would know you get other prizes before the sigil =/ The Rope Jump was the same remember....

Oh jeezus, don't mention the jump ro..... *dies of seizure*

The Jump Rope Game >.<. omfg, I did make it......i got the damn card etc....but one time when I was close to the 1000 jumps i fell at 964 >.< :C
    Visit my new Final Fantasy Site ^_^
    Visit Final Fantasy Revisited

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

THINGS I CAN'T GET:
    Moon Sigil(don't I need anima + Magus sisters? can't get into temples to do treasure unless I want to spend about 150k to remove certain problems)
    Venus Sigil ARGHHH 139 is my best.....
    Spirit Lance.Yes I know but nothing happens at the stones!?!?!?!?!?
    Saturn Sigil/Mercury Sigilont want to, no need, haven't tried.

THINGS I CAN GET:
    Sun Sigil:Easy
    Jupiter Sigil:Again this was easy
    Mars Sigil:Not easy but I did it....
    EVERY CREST + WEAPON except for Spirit Lance

yeah, the spirit lance, i can help you with... after you activate the qactuar stones, you'll see this little ghost of a qactuar somewhere on the lower (guadosalam) end of the Thunder plains. Follow it, it'll stop in front of this towery thing. if you press square in front of that tower, lightning will strike all over the place and you get the Lance.... well.... it happens something like that. Point being that you get the lance.
    now if only i could get the freaking sigil to activate it. and WHERE IN THE HELL is the saturn crest?! it's a stupid question but i CANNOT FIND IT!!! AAARGH!
    "Hmph... legendary guardian? I was just a boy...
    I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing.
    That is my story."
    ~Auron (FFX)

"A sealed up, secret wish... Tender memories... No one can ever know."
    ~Cloud (FFVII)

"This day will never come again... So let me have this moment."
    ~Tifa (FFVII)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Thx anyway but I got that quite a while back
    As for the Saturn Crest, that got me too.If you have checked Mount Gagazet(where it actually is)are you looking in that area just after the mountain near Zanarkand? Thats what I did for ages and It isn't there.The best thing to do is go through the mountain from the start with no encounters and eventually there'll be a save point on a slope.Keep going up and around and there'll be a few pillars.One of the ones on the left hides the chest containing the crest.
    UPDATED LIST THINGS I CAN'T GET:
    Venus Sigil ARGHHH 139 is still my best..... or did It go up, I can't remember but I think i got 160+ once
    Saturn Sigil Whatever, I dont use Kimahri I only got the crest and weapon for Ixion Break Dmg Limit.
    THINGS I CAN GET:
    Sun Sigil:Easy
    Jupiter Sigil:Again this was easy
    Mars Sigil:Not easy but I did it....
    Moon Sigil:Hurrah! I removed a certain problem(Dark Valefor) And I was well on my way!
    Mercury Sigil:For that silly Cactuar in that hole I had to kill Dark Ifrit to make him show up.I don't know why that happened.
    EVERY CREST + WEAPON-Hurrah! But at the time I didn't have the Saturn Crest.I forgot to mention it

There is a pattern in the thunder strikes if ur near the strike zones... after 2 sec, a bolt will strike, then 1 sec after dat, another bolt will strike... than it repeats. It's sumthing like that. And for the butterflies, go through it slowly and learn the ins and outs of each section.