Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Where on earth is Jupiter Crest?!? It's supposed to be in some locker-room for my understanding, but I sure can't find it. At least it's not in Luca, so where is it?! Still have lots of Blitz to play, just got Status Reels, gosh, I hate blitzball!!! *edit*Found it and I just got Auroch Reels, now I just have to wait for the Jupiter Sigil to show up as a prize.

And that accursed Sun Sigil!! I got exactly 0.00 for my time and got a frigging Turbo Ether, I did get Caladbolg or whatever, but I have to beat that stupid game again to get Sun Sigil, don't I? Gosh, I'm so hating it!! *edit*I guess the problem is, that I got exactly 0:0.0 and it should be below. I tried it again, spent an hour and a half and best times I got were 0:2.6, 0:1.6 and 0:1.3, gosh, I was ready to throw my PS2 out of the window!! Man I'm hatin that stupid chicken(chocobo)!!

And I don't even want to think about Saturn Sigil or Moon Sigil. Since I forgot all destruction spheres except the one in Bevelle I have to go through trials again, which wouldn't be a problem, but those accursed Dark Aeons are blocking my way to some of the temples, so no chance getting there. And Yojimbo won't do Zanmato even if I give all my money...grrr!!! And since I can't get Anima, I can't get Magus Sisters and thus can't get Moon Sigil! *edit*Ooh, I got the Saturn Sigil, it was actually quite easy, now my Kimahri kicks ass!! About Moon Sigil, I do have to get Anima, I'm pretty sure of it. I have Blossom Crown and Flower Sceptre and I have beaten all Belgemines Aeons in Remiem Temple, but I can't get through that door to get Magus Sisters. Dark Aeons that are blocking temples are Valefor and Shiva, others are around the Spira, I think.

Still working on Mercury Sigil, four cactuars to go. *edit*Got the Mercury Sigil too!!

Mars and Venus Sigil were the only easy ones. I guess I just happened to get Mars Sigil along the way(I got the Crest and Sigil before getting Masamune) and Venus Sigil was rather easy, took me about 20 minutes of dodging.
    Last edited by Quistis79; 12-12-2002 at 01:43 PM.

~So, if we happen to fall down, we'll get instant halos.~

The Jupiter sigil is indeed in a locker room. It's one of the rear right-hand side lockers in the Auroch's locker room in Luca. It took me a while to figure that one out as well. You actually have to physically walk up to the lockers and press x. I think it's the second one from the wall, behind where Botta's standing.

You did the race, got 0.00 and didn't get the Sun Sigil? That's... strange. I can only suggest doing it again.... (sorry!)

Saturn sigil is all about just doing that silly butterfly game over and over until you either beat it or kill yourself. I don't have the International version but i doubt there's a Dark Aeon blocking Macalania woods... from what i understand, Dark Aeons hang out around temples.

And you don't need all the Aeons to get the Moon Sigil. In Fact, if you're REALLY godly, you can get Yuna's legendary weapon before you get the airship. You just have to beat the Remiem Bahamut, get the Flower Scepter, and get the Flower Crown from the Calm Lands Arena man after catching all the Mt. Gagazet monsters. Then you have to beat the Magus Sisters in Remiem, which, using the overdrives on all your Aeons, shouldn't be too hard. Then you'll get the Moon Sigil. Whew.

And as you seem to have found out, the Mercury Sigil game is just profoundly time-consuming. Moo.

Good luck. Be sure to post a victory dance when you get them all!
    "Hmph... legendary guardian? I was just a boy...
    I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing.
    That is my story."
    ~Auron (FFX)

"A sealed up, secret wish... Tender memories... No one can ever know."
    ~Cloud (FFVII)

"This day will never come again... So let me have this moment."
    ~Tifa (FFVII)

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Okay, here's my thing. Can you save periodically, while doing the 200 lightning bolts? Or does that reset you?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It resets. When i did it i had about 30 dodges and I wanted to save then i had to DO THEM ALL OVER AGAIN

in the words of Kefka the madman

WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP!!!!!!

yes thats right kiddies, i've gotten everything all powered up. Auron's damn weapon thing confused me on what to capture, so i systematically captured paractically 10 of everything. my blitzball team has no equal, i;ve never lost a game, i've made a goal going through all 6 defending players. i dodged 200 bolts consecutively 3rd time try. i captured the butterflies after practically gouging my eyes out and molesting household items. the sun stuff was easy as was the moon stuff. and the ****ing gobi desert mercury stuff...... wow was that alot of boring running around.

all in all

Tidus sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
    Yuna Sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
    Rikku sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
    Wakka sphere 1/2 done with ultimate weapon
    Lulu sphere 1/2 done with ultimate weapon
    Kimahri sphere 1/3 done with ultimate weapon
    Auron sphere 1/3 done with ultimate weapon

Mindy does around 560,000 damage with passado i think, it hits 14 times right? times 40,000 against Th'uban.

must list feats to gain more respect..... feats dwindling.... none left..... its so cold

Kupo:mog:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

lol, i definatly need help with the butterflys, there horrible and when i catch 7, i don't know where that chest is, and i can't get to it

hah thats nothing, i didn't know there were 2 different butterfly games, so after the first one yielded an elixer, i thought the game glitched and wanted to hurl my ps2 console through my window.

anywho, its mostly memorization, know where to be when u turn the damn corners.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

lol! thanks i'll try! ^^

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yess I have Yuna's, Rikku's, and Auron's powered up to get Aurons head via the djose beach not the road because dark magus sisters are painful (anyone reading a guide disregard all stats just make sure you have a helluva lot of HP and all stats at 255 and all Aeon stats maked and everything with and overdrive ready and definaltely Yojimbo even though he'll only get around 2 hits in before dying on your ass pay around 1million gil for a zanmato attack) but the main thing about celestial weapons is the venus saturn and the sun sigils they are whores (if anyone considers themselves one or works as a prostichute no disrespect meant) the chocobo race is the luck of the draw, the saturn bloody red butterflies look blue most of the time and battles eat too much time even with 200+ agility and the Venus sigil need I say more 200 ****ing bolts!!! how the hell I got 100 consecutive and as I calmly stand around waiting for the 101st six come within half a bloody minute I jumped five then the sixth hit me and no you can't save in the jumping session it's a mosh pit gone wrong as theres only Tidus and no heavy rock music to mosh to and even industrial is'nt fast enough to keep up the rhythym. damm it the one area my knowledge of rock music and hardcore mosh pits should be helpful and it isn't.

Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
    yess I have Yuna's, Rikku's, and Auron's powered up to get Aurons head via the djose beach not the road because dark magus sisters are painful (anyone reading a guide disregard all stats just make sure you have a helluva lot of HP and all stats at 255 and all Aeon stats maked and everything with and overdrive ready and definaltely Yojimbo even though he'll only get around 2 hits in before dying on your ass pay around 1million gil for a zanmato attack) but the main thing about celestial weapons is the venus saturn and the sun sigils they are whores (if anyone considers themselves one or works as a prostichute no disrespect meant) the chocobo race is the luck of the draw, the saturn bloody red butterflies look blue most of the time and battles eat too much time even with 200+ agility and the Venus sigil need I say more 200 ****ing bolts!!! how the hell I got 100 consecutive and as I calmly stand around waiting for the 101st six come within half a bloody minute I jumped five then the sixth hit me and no you can't save in the jumping session it's a mosh pit gone wrong as theres only Tidus and no heavy rock music to mosh to and even industrial is'nt fast enough to keep up the rhythym. damm it the one area my knowledge of rock music and hardcore mosh pits should be helpful and it isn't.
    right, looking past the typos...... huh?

Blog Entries

try typing on no sleep for the last two weeks I crashed for 3 days straight after that post. Then got the sigil by dodging 337 bolts without a break (I did that many cos I read somewhere that there was a key item achieved after the sigil at around 250 turns out that there aint such an item.). Then got Wakka's as a stroke of sheer luck but an entire blitz league in one day plus the lightning was too much for me another 2 days later (sleep was necessary after going to a club and drinking myself into oblivion literally) I got back to normal

new poster here, ive been playing FFX about 95 hours on a single save game and i have all of the base legendary weapons, all of the crests, and all but 2 sigils, lulus, and wakkas, i have 39 blitzball wins under my belt, so i need 11 more for it to show up i gather, then 10 for the league.

and my current record for lightning is like 136 bolts, ill get around to it eventually because before i knew about the legendary weapons i made every conceivable effort to make lulu a tool of destruction, so she has magic like you wouldnt believe, so once i get onion knight all finished she should be quite the machine.

any1 who doesnt think getting the legendary weapons is important is *insane* going from a cap of 9999 damage to 99,999 damage is intense. you can forget ever killing any of the original monsters without them.

for me nirvana was pretty darn easy to get, kimahris sigil was kind of frustrating, rikkus was darn easy with a no-encounters weapon, aurons was iffy, but it didnt take long, tidus's sigil was REALLY difficult for me.

wakkas wont be hard because i never lose blitzball, its just gotten very very old at this point.

and lulus frustrates me like nothing else, but having her cap out at 9999 damage is even more frustrating so im gonna have to do it eventually.

fortunately i am using the american version so i dont have to worry about dark aeons when i was getting anima/magus sisters.

for any who are having a hard time with kimahris sigil, thats the one i feel most qualified to give advice on, just take a few tries to work out the pattern, more or less its just a matter of 'over, under, under, over, over, under, over, etc...' once i worked out the pattern it didnt take long.

and referring to blitzball quickly, alot of strategy guides imply that you should use zev ronso for midfielder, i dont doubt that he's good, but personally lakkam is doing *VERY* well for me as midfielder, shes the girl running in circles in the room in front of rin and kimahri on the airship, she is the passing queen and has good attack to boot, and she starts with brawler and elite defense which makes her show up for brawls from a good distance.

ive only won about 39 games as i said earlier and shes around level 42, and has 45ish passing, i like to get a good few defenders on me and use nap pass and put 1/2 their team to sleep just for fun

i usually make about 5-7 pts per game, and i never get scored on.

my lineup at the moment is.

RF: Tidus
    LF: Wedge
    MF: Lakkam
    LD: Berrik
    Rd: Ropp
    GL: Jumal

i got lucky on wedge, the al bhed psyches had him for a while and got him decent level and one day decided to let him go, so i snatched him up quick, as hes prolly one of the best forwards outside of tidus.

lakkam i got as a free agent, berrik and ropp as well, i can dig up their locations if any1 wants them,

Jumal was on the Ronso Fangs when i initially found him, hes one of the better goalies, as is Nimrook.

i just did exhibition games and forfeited til he had 1 game left on his contract with the Ronsos, then went and scouted him (just looking at him with Square) and went and forfeited one more game, and the re-recruited their old goalie, zamzi ronso i think. so i went and snatched him up and finally let poor keepa go.

but basically all i have ever needed for the most part was lakkam and tidus with jecht shot.

im ranting on and on here, and my post is pretty huge by now im sure, so im gonna close it here, but ill be around im sure.

Blog Entries

not really on the subject but, the best blitz line up in the game is:
    Tidus
    Wakka
    Letty
    Jasuu
    Naida (albhed in calmlands shop (female))
    Keeper

this works because at high levels they will have aurochs spirit and Naida is the quickest defender in the game base spd value: 73!

Wow this sure did get of subject anywayz, reading this really got me in the mood to go and get the Venus Sigil (it's been taunting me so ) After I actually sat down and concetrated, it wasn't all that hard. Even though it took me 2 tries, I'm VERY pleased. 2 words "ULTIMA FURY" *evil laugh* Now I just gotta go after the Jupiter Sigil and Saturn Sigil *shivers*
    **insert catchy sig**

well i did it, sort of....

i fired up a new game to relive the storyline, and to collect the al bhed primers i missed the 1st time through, and on my 1st visit to the thunder plains i figured id dodge some lightning to get the good items (HP Spheres and stuff) i never thought id actually get the sigil, seeing as i didnt have no encounters yet. among other things

so i went to the 3 strike spot just north of rins agency or whatever, and started dodging, every 3 or 4 bolts id run back to a certain spot and get struck at 3 or 4 more times. anyways every 6 or 8 strikes id have a battle which would get me loosened up for the next ones, i didnt even bother keeping count with the battles popping up so often, i figured id just go til i got struck, eventually i got to a point where i said 'wow, i bet i have the sigil by now' but i kept dodging anyways, just to be sure.

so a little while later i finally get struck, which is all the better because im sure i was running low on MP with yuna and lulu, and i hate to waste ethers, even tho thats what they're there for.

so i go back to the chest and i open it, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200! woo!

so i say to myself, i wonder how many i dodged? so i go inside, check the book, i dodged 335 bolts! i was pretty proud of myself..

problem is, i did that on a separate save from my other peoples, so the only finished legendary weapons i have on that save are Onion Knight, and Nirvana =\

i ended up customizing weapons for lulu and wakka on my 1st game which in lulus case is an exact duplicate, and wakkas case is actually better than his legendary (swapped double ap out for magic counter)

so more or less finishing the legendarys for me is just for bragging rights, and i have that for lulu, and wakkas doesnt really take skill but is more or less just time consuming.