Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

-Notices his post ended up being a little way too late and sighs-

For the sake of getting one thing clear: Gay is cussing and Homo would be referringto homosexuals, I'd say. but I won't know about him. (Her?)
    What were you talking about anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

i got 199 and i was pissed.then i got 186 so i gave up for a bit. i eventually got it but its been a while since i did it, i can't even get 9

Originally posted by Cloud45
    i got 199 and i was pissed.then i got 186 so i gave up for a bit. i eventually got it but its been a while since i did it, i can't even get 9
    dodging bolts is a matter of patience.. if you dont have it go beat up nemesios a few times then get the rest of the stuff to mod whatever you want on a break damage limit weapon.

Yea, you can make weapons that are a hell of a lot better than the Celestial Weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune 1287
    Yea, you can make weapons that are a hell of a lot better than the Celestial Weapons.
    *cough*Excalibur*cough*

To help you with the dodging lightning thing, turn the lights off and turn the volume UP. And if you can DON't keep count and DON't check how many you got in a row after you get hit.

I'm a bit late. But...can someone flash that pic of the three-strike zone again. The first link doesn't work.
    I mean if anyone has a link to it or something. Thanx in advance.

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

There's an optional strike zone

Okey, never heard about this "three strike" area. But I found a place where I got a lot of bolts. There's 2 smaller maps of the Thunder Plains.
    One map BEFORE the inn, and one AFTER the inn. I was at the second map (after the inn). Get a peaceful shield or something and then just run untill you see a big hole in the ground. I ran around in that hole and dodged lights, and I ended up having the sigill pretty fast. Wasn't that hard. You'll get the timing after a few bolts and you'll get reflections of taping the X button the screen flashes.

Those who complains about this being hard must suck at dodging bolts, because I messed up a couple of times, ended up with dodging over 800 bolts. And I did that in less than 60-90 minutes. Put in 20-30 minutes for dodging the bolts. Then you're done.

I think Kimhari's sigill is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder to obain than this. This is like walking on sunshine compaired with Kimhari's sigill.
    Limits were made to be broken - No Fear
    -=[Facilitate the Rave n' Trance culture]=-
    http://www.UvPucko.com

Okey, never heard about this "three strike" area. But I found a place where I got a lot of bolts.
    That contradicts itself. The place you found is a three bolt area. The 1,2,3 bolts just represent how often lightning strikes.

As for the map, I hope this helps

And here are credits for it (whom I took it from)

======================================================
    -Final Fantasy X- -Thunder Plains' guide- =
    -By-: = KeRoChAn = kero_hikaru@hotmail.com =
    -Final Version- = Last Updated: 21 July 2002 =

According to the map I was at the double bolt location.
    Limits were made to be broken - No Fear
    -=[Facilitate the Rave n' Trance culture]=-
    http://www.UvPucko.com

Oh well, I've been at some places that aren't labeled on the map and managed to get 234 in about 30 minutes. Trick is not to concentrate too much, once you do, you'll get so anxious and screw up.

*yawn*

Thanx! ^_^

Citrus Fruits
    Y SO SRS ?

I've tried it near a Qactar Stone (single strike) and walked for about 45 min., got hit, went to the Travel Agency, saw that I'd only done 145!!!!! I then found a two-strike area... it's just sooo fast!

I just decided against bothering with it. I already have Rikku's, Tidus', Yuna's and Auron's. Tidus does 99,999 damage whenever he hits, and has Auto-Haste and Quick Hit and Blitz Ace. I'm trying to get there with the others, it's just taking me awhile. I only use those 4 characters.

I just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Also if I may add. Turn off the sound, couse the sound of thunder can disorientate you while doing this kwest. You may do this in dark room, cause the lightning will be seen much better. The best place for this is just a little north of travel agency. The flash goes like this: flash-2sec-flash-5sec or so-flash-2sec-flash.....and so on. Try to get into the way of this pattern, and it will take aprx 30-35 minutes. Dont throw your controller if you screwd at 185 or so like i did it for the first time.
    Every story must have an ending...

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, I couldn't be bothered to read all six pages, but has anyone got any tips on getting the No-Encounters abillity?