Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Default Getting the Venus Sigil. (If you don't know how, this could be a spoiler. *nods*)

Apparently, to get the Venus Sigil, I must dodge the lightning on the Thunder Plains 200 times without being hit once. Well, I dodged the bolts well over 200 times, but when I checked my record in the travel agency, it acknowledged this but claimed that I had only dodged it them 166 times "consecutively," even though I had never been hit once. So I went back out in the plains and dodged the lightning about 50 more times, but when I went to check my record that time, it said that I had only dodged it 165 times consecutively. So I gave up in disgust.

What exactly was I doing wrong? Does the fact that this is my first time through the plains affect matters?

FF Big Fan

u have to stay in the same PLACE for the 200 times....
    take note that u must keep away from the tower.....
    example 3 times in a row away from tower.....
    if u dodge 2 times in a row and happen to fall within tower....and u heard the 3rd strike happen to hit the tower, UR COUNTER WILL BE START FROM 0!
    so juz keep away from tower and dodge......to play safe,do not move out of screen.....i know of a spot where there r 3 strikes in a row but very fast
    anyway go try now
    i think it should work if u fall away from the towers

I would try again later after you get the airship. I personally only dodged 5 and then stopped. ^^

Kimahri

It is to my understanding that after you dodge the lightning 200 times, you're supposed to go to the inn and locate a treasure chest. From what I read, it said to KEEP OPENING IT until the counter says you dodged 200. I haven't done it myself, my best is 8 in a row.

I remember opening the treasure chest once, and it gave me an ether.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, you aren't supposed to enter the travel agency, or move from the section of the plains that you started dodging on at, until you have 200. Or something. *dunno much about it*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I figured it out: if you save or enter the travel agency, the counter goes back to zero. I'll go back for the sigil after I acquire the ability to disable random encounters, which interrupt the whole process greatly.

Incidentally, here are the prizes I did receive:
    5 times.......X-Potion(2)
    10 times.....Mega-Potion(2)
    20 times.....MP Sphere(2)
    50 times.....Strength Sphere(3)
    100 times...HP Sphere(3)
    150 times...Megalixir(4)

Thanks, everybody.

RenoOfTheTurks9

You don't have to move to get the lightning right? Couldn't you just pick a spot, stand there, and dodge 200 times without any random encounters?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Tidus jumps backward in order to avoid the lightning, so it's more convenient to move around a little so you won't be forced into an inopportune position. That's not a whole lot of walking, but random encounters are normally very frequent on the Thunder Plains.

Thunder God Cid

Default Re: Getting the Venus Sigil. (If you don't know how, this could be a spoiler. *nods*)

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Apparently, to get the Venus Sigil, I must dodge the lightning on the Thunder Plains 200 times without being hit once.
    k, what is venis sigil =P

It's one of those special items you need in order to perfect Lulu's legendary weapon, Onion Kid.

heh

Default Are You Sick???

DODGE 200 BOLTS IN A ROW FOR LULUS WEAPON? ARE YOU SICK! Has anyone done this? It must take like 2 hours

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did it. It took about 20 minutes, in the three-strike area. I messed up a couple times, so it took about 45 minutes total. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds- only stressful.

Regardless, Lulu's ultimate weapon at true-power is worth it in spades. She deals almost 40000 damage in one turn, with me, and she only just got Flare. All you need is Flare, Doublecast, and the Onion Knight. When she gets Ultima, she'll be a literal god of death. On top of everything, it costs 4 MP to do it. She could sit and cast all day.

heh

Where is the three strike area??

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

http://home.san.rr.com/circe/ultimania_thunder.jpg

The places with three lightning bolts are the three-strike zones. The right map is the north area of the plain, and the left map is the south area. I used the northern most three-strike zone on the northern area.